Brad Parker - The forgotten man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
A few seasons ago had doubts about Parker and could not see him being a success at NRL level.
He then went on to improve out of sight, with some of the best defensive plays you would see from a centre and also improved direct running even bursting through for some close range tries....I for 1 ate some humble pie as he became a "solid" 1st grader against the odds...
Being realistic, I think most would have a fit Walker and Suli above Parker in the pecking orderat centre and in fact, Manly now have more rookies like Burbo and some new signings in the 3/4 line that will make it even tougher for competition and he is not quick enough to be a legitimate winger.
I have heard a few opinions on Parker playing 2nd row which is not impossible, but realitically very unlikely....
What's the thoughts on Silvertails, will Parker be in the side 2021, or will he be the "Forgotten man" waiting for the odd opportunity ??

Parker will never let the side down , probably does not have any more up side to offer and more in the depth category with all other centres fit and well but still a very handy player to have on the books . Wing and back row are not really options for him now , Harper and Funa and one would think Tippytoes would have a bit more to offer in attack assuming Suli and Walker are the i st ranked centres , but Parker "s defence and line running would still rate O K on past indications at least . Not a world beater but excellent trier and good positional player who would still do a decent job if required in the top grade .

A few seasons ago had doubts about Parker and could not see him being a success at NRL level.
He then went on to improve out of sight, with some of the best defensive plays you would see from a centre and also improved direct running even bursting through for some close range tries....I for 1 ate some humble pie as he became a "solid" 1st grader against the odds...
Being realistic, I think most would have a fit Walker and Suli above Parker in the pecking orderat centre and in fact, Manly now have more rookies like Burbo and some new signings in the 3/4 line that will make it even tougher for competition and he is not quick enough to be a legitimate winger.
I have heard a few opinions on Parker playing 2nd row which is not impossible, but realitically very unlikely....
What's the thoughts on Silvertails, will Parker be in the side 2021, or will he be the "Forgotten man" waiting for the odd opportunity ??
I’m more worried about his continued concussions - not the forgotten man but the headache dominated forgetting man. I understand athletes have a competitive mindset but if I’m him I’m looking at a different career.

I’m more worried about his continued concussions - not the forgotten man but the headache dominated forgetting man. I understand athletes have a competitive mindset but if I’m him I’m looking at a different career.

I agree. Thought the title of this thread was just a reference to his concussions.

How many times did we lose a player last year in the backs ( not just Parker ) then have to reshuffle an edge forward into the centres of wherever & make other positional changes etc etc which threw the whole thing off. Seemed like this happened most games. Was one of many problems we had last year.

Don't doubt his courage and a decent player who tries his best, but he always seems a 50/50 proposition just to finish the match to me.

Like most of our players he was down on form last compared to 2019

His contract is up this year so he will need to be improved to get another one

Definitely needed in the squad , would be surprised if he didn't get a lot of game time this year.
Who knows what will come up.

Odds are that if Des goes as expected with Walks and Suli, then Parker will still be first drop should either of them have a suspension or injury.

In a lot of ways I do feel for Brad. When it comes down to it he really has done nothing to deserve losing his spot in the starting 13 or in the 17, but he just doesn't offer that game breaking ability that either Walks or Suli do. Easily the best defender of the trio, and arguably the most dependable, but he's more solid than exceptional.

As for the continued fan speculation that he'll be moved to the back row ... yeah nah. His number of concussions alone probably mean it won't happen anyway.

I don’t think he is in our top 17; however, he is an excellent substitute. He is a first grade quality player and will no doubt come in at different stages during the year.

I think he could make the transition to an edge backrower; although, we have better options in that position.

Injuries and off field crap will dictate most of his opportunities.

Last edited:
If only Scorpio had a yard or two more pace than he does..... seriously. I mean, the hardest part of all this is that last year Brad became arguably the best defensive centre in the NRL bar none. What kills him is that lack of genuine pace.

.. and lack of clean opportunity .. playing outside Siro has been the blackhole of 3/4's the past 2 seasons ... Parker can beat the first defender and put his outside man away ... with Foran and schuster .. our centres may get a bit more opportunity to show their wares this year ..

PSS .. he is also becoming pretty good at taping the attacking bombs back ...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6