Brad Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Seriously the Media need to take a good look at themselves. They keep writing about this magical bond that the Svengali Brad Arthur has over all of our players, because he was the forwards coach for 5 mins.

The players aren't in love with the bloke, nor are they even close with the bloke. Kitey told me at the end of 2013 that Arthur was good for the forwards, but that was all. He didn't say Brad Arthur changed our life and now we are going to start the Cult of Arthurians and we are all bonded together. I was at the 2013 after GF party at the Harbord Diggers. Brad Arthur was sat with his mrs on his own the whole time. Considering how much he supposedly meant to all the players and it was his last night having a drink with them you would think they would at least be talking to him. But no he just sat there staring into space like an ugly girl at a blue light disco.

All this garbage about players bond's with him are absolute bulls*@t.

So Hooper, Kent, Massoud, Lucious. Cut the crap if they go to Parra its for money, cash, mooshla, nothing more, nothing less.

Not sure why you are getting upset? I reckon there is a relationship thre, and BA is probably a very good coach. I think its naive to think him coaching parra doesn't stand them a better chance of getting our players. Lets not forget Hoppa was prepared to walk from the Eels before they found out BA was going to be the coach.

The Eels have cash to spend and we have players that make their team better, of course they are going to try and get them.

It amazes me how often we like to think there is no truth to anything in the media which paints our club in anything but a good light but any positive news and we lap it up like a puppy.

Masked Eagle said:
Not sure why you are getting upset? I reckon there is a relationship thre, and BA is probably a very good coach. I think its naive to think him coaching parra doesn't stand them a better chance of getting our players. Lets not forget Hoppa was prepared to walk from the Eels before they found out BA was going to be the coach.

The Eels have cash to spend and we have players that make their team better, of course they are going to try and get them.

It amazes me how often we like to think there is no truth to anything in the media which paints our club in anything but a good light but any positive news and we lap it up like a puppy.

I find it very hard to believe that Hoppa was prepared to walk away from a $750,000+ contract if Arthur was not the coach, especially after taking two years off.

Parramatta - cannot create a culture must buy one.

Does this mean that we can now say Parramatta is trying to BUY a premiership?

BA is a good coach and helped us in 2013.

Players move because of opportunity and money.

We have signed many players from the whingers and now a few of our players are going there.

In this life you cant keep em all. Its sad to lose good players to a hated rival but thats they way things are.

Masked Eagle said:

Im not upset about Brad Arthur, Im annoyed at the media constantly making up stories that are just over the top. He's a good coach, no question. But players leaving because of a relationship with him is just rubbish. thats all i am annoyed about.

conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:

Im not upset about Brad Arthur, Im annoyed at the media constantly making up stories that are just over the top. He's a good coach, no question. But players leaving because of a relationship with him is just rubbish. thats all i am annoyed about.

Who is going to be your new coach can definitely be a factor when a player signs for a club. For some players its a big deal, (Darius). They won't be leaving because they like BA, but as I said, because he is coaching the Eels it definitely helps. If its true and Choc does end up going to the Eels then its absolutely BA coaching has been a reason.

They can go to parra, but it won't be for anything other than money. If that's their motivation then it won't bring any success to that loser club. They are a sht club, they have no culture and bringing in a couple of angry, chip on their shoulder players at the end of their careers won't bring any harmony to that team.

mickqld said:
They can go to parra, but it won't be for anything other than money. If that's their motivation then it won't bring any success to that loser club. They are a sht club, they have no culture and bringing in a couple of angry, chip on their shoulder players at the end of their careers won't bring any harmony to that team.

The sad thing is they will look back at this in a decade and say " what the fck did I do that for ".

Just ask Jason King what his last game at Brookvale was like?

Those that leave will never have the same experience, all they will have is a few more dollars.

Methinks Mr Arthur is up for a massive challenge getting his club up after the loss of J. Hayne. It's not just the huge loss of talent but the psychology of him just not wanting to be there.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:

The sad thing is they will look back at this in a decade and say " what the fck did I do that for ".

Just ask Jason King what his last game at Brookvale was like?

Those that leave will never have the same experience, all they will have is a few more dollars.

Agree, Watmough will have short term success, then fade away into obscurity. If he stays, he'll be looked after post footy by the demographic. Whether that's right or wrong, who knows, but it happens.

These days, the coach is always a factor. Brad Arthur was respected by the players when he was at Manly but that's probably the extent of it. As for the media….. they'll always try to embellish the story to suit themselves but of course he's going to try and sign Manly players.

For what it's worth, he seems like a good coach to me. He did well in 2014 but losing Hayne will make things really difficult next year.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Methinks Mr Arthur is up for a massive challenge getting his club up after the loss of J. Hayne. It's not just the huge loss of talent but the psychology of him just not wanting to be there.

I think it's hilarious that he's walked out on them when they think they're on the cusp of some sort of success. That scummy club deserves every loser season it get.s Good luck to him I hope he does well over there. Now if only that cat Inglis would do the same and walk away it would be fantastic. No SBW, Bargeass, Hayne or Inglis for the media to circle jerk over and it might just make the 2015 season palatable. They can pedestal JT as much as they like, he's okay except when he's a whining biatch every time we beat them and the Storm scumbags Smith and Slater are on the downslope of their careers. You never know they might just have to put up a couple of Manly super stars (DCE,Foz,Lyon, Snake if he stays) as the faces of the game. That would just kill Greensnot and co.

Peter C said:
Masked Eagle said:

I find it very hard to believe that Hoppa was prepared to walk away from a $750,000+ contract if Arthur was not the coach, especially after taking two years off.

Wasn't Ricky Stuart still the coach when Hoppa signed? Why would Arthur have prior knowledge?

anthonyb1965 said:
Peter C said:
Masked Eagle said:

Wasn't Ricky Stuart still the coach when Hoppa signed? Why would Arthur have prior knowledge?
Kearney was the coach, but only lasted one year, then Stuart, again only one year.
Stuart was being talked about as being a replacement for Hasler.

Masked Eagle said:
conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:

Who is going to be your new coach can definitely be a factor when a player signs for a club. For some players its a big deal, (Darius). They won't be leaving because they like BA, but as I said, because he is coaching the Eels it definitely helps. If its true and Choc does end up going to the Eels then its absolutely BA coaching has been a reason.

Dont kid yourself Masked Eagle there are 3 reasons guys go to clubs that dont make the eight.
1. MONEY$$$$$
2. The Coach knew he was likely to be enticed by MONEY$$$
3.MONEY$$$$

Its nothing to do with Brad Arthurs coaching ability or Watmoughs relationship with him. If Canberra wanted him and it wasn't so cold and far away from Manly he would be going there for more money. Its money mate, pure and simple.

conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:
conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:

Dont kid yourself Masked Eagle there are 3 reasons guys go to clubs that dont make the eight.
1. MONEY$$$$$
2. The Coach knew he was likely to be enticed by MONEY$$$
3.MONEY$$$$

Its nothing to do with Brad Arthurs coaching ability or Watmoughs relationship with him. If Canberra wanted him and it wasn't so cold and far away from Manly he would be going there for more money. Its money mate, pure and simple.

Im not saying money isn't a factor, but if it was the only factor the Raiders would have signed about 8 origin players in the last 2 years.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I wonder how Mr Arthur is feeling today?

Yes this narrative that the media has built up about the love of Arthur. These same clowns what will they write if choc is talked into staying? I hope choc stays because he wants 2 stay not because he is talked into it no 1 should need to be talked into wearing our jersey.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4