Bozo's Babes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Someone mentioned the comparisons in the team to emerging squad in the 90's. For me there are some similarities between then and now - in the below there were 7 or so kids who came through the system much like Turbo, Shoo, Gauc etc.

Also what was interesting was the impact an ageing half still played....

I recall in the darkest days of the Barrett era a mate told me there was a group of young blokes coming through who would sweep all before them, under Bozo's watchful eye. I could be wrong but I think his guiding hand was at least partially behind the current and upcoming crop of youngsters and for that I am truly thankful.

You had me at the title of the thread.... I thought you were talking about our membership manager @ Bozo (Silvertails) and it had something to do with @BOZO's girlfriends

Thank you for having a more serious topic to bring up

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Someone mentioned the comparisons in the team to emerging squad in the 90's. For me there are some similarities between then and now - in the below there were 7 or so kids who came through the system much like Turbo, Shoo, Gauc etc.

Also what was interesting was the impact an ageing half still played....

Thanks for posting that Isz.

Very sad however to see and hear Peter Jackson there. Gone only a few years later.

Lots of the babes in that game. Beaver, gartner, Scott Fulton, dunford, Ryan, Moore, elsegood, hank. Kosef was mentioned.

Good forwards Roberts, Gillespie, oj. Cliffy pulling the strings.

Thanks Isz - the comparison in the back row emerging talent is a good one. Kosef, Gartner, Beaver to Schu and Guaca.

That ABC Saturday afternoon was a real highlight for me. Great commentators, coverage and day time football with the sun shining!
Those were the days.

As a teenager circling around on one of my Dad’s tractors most weekends I bought a set of headphones with a radio in them ( very technically savvy in the late 1960’s) and used to listen to the ABC league all day.

In fact I think it’s still the best way to listen to a game now , just a pity it doesn’t sync with Foxtel.

For me there are some similarities between then and now - in the below there were 7 or so kids who came through the system much like Turbo, Shoo, Gauc etc.

Yeah but that Menzies bloke with the headgear will surely never make it

You had me at the title of the thread.... I thought you were talking about our membership manager @ Bozo (Silvertails) and it had something to do with @BOZO's girlfriends

Thank you for having a more serious topic to bring up
@BOZO can you please start a thread on this topic. It’s the off-season after all now Manly’s out.

Yeah but that Menzies bloke with the headgear will surely never make it
I remember his first few games he was a tackling machine, hitting blokes hard and often. After a while Bozo and Cliffy unlocked his ability to hit a hole and he became a sensation. He was known for his ball running but I remember those first few games and always thought his defense was underrated throughout his career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8