Bozo gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

erwin

Wonderful news. Thank god he's gone.

Such a destructive element at the club. Rebuilt it, my ass. Decimated and put his family and friends in positions. Hopefully they can all go now and let Manly thrive without outside interests. has to say Barrett is good as he signed him. All this after missing his first choice Ivan Cleary. Signs a family friend to be U20s coach last year. Is useless. But manages to stay on the coaching staff. This year, a new coach comes in and wins it!!!

Good riddance. He's had his day, now leave us alone.

Volley

Bencher
Wait, so Bozo rebuilt the club? To 6th place? That’s not a successful rebuild in my books.

The 20’s side won the competition because the Coach happens to be the key League man at Westfield Sports High, and shock horror, a lot of the talented 20’s player are from Westfield Sports High. The 20’s success is a red herring if used to claim Scott Fulton as a recruitment guru.

I’m happy with Barrett though, even though the treatment of Toovey was poor. Taupau was a good signing. On those fronts, Bozo has done well. Gutherson out for Walker though was a definite mistake.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I prefer The Blacklist these days. But old Spooky was ahead of his time.

I watch the blacklist because it's turned into a train wreck where I just can't look away.

James Spader acts like he just doesn't give a damn which makes me laugh.

I've seen colanders with less holes in them than the plot of the blacklist!

I watch the blacklist because it's turned into a train wreck where I just can't look away.

Yes it did, but the children of the 80's remember him fondly. Also a good watch is "Designated Survivor". The FBI agent is such a hottie.

Kevinward777

First Grader

Love the x-files!

Have met william b davis!
If you like that x-files type of series, you might enjoy a fairly new one called Stranger Things, it’s not bad. Another ripper that kinda fits the X-Files type genre is the Leftovers, very bizarre, but very very good. Great characters.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Sometimes even Manly fans may not have liked what Bozo did at times, especially over the past 2 years. But like Arko, when it comes to this club Bozo only ever really had what's best for Manly at heart. Sure he left to go to the Chooks for a few years after 1976, but if Kerry Packer wanted to pay what was then a fortune for a rugby league player.....would any of us turn that down?

Sure he supported his daughter, and there have been constant rumours about his son's and the coaching role. But think about it, he is their father and his natural instinct would be to look out for them. You can't blame him for that.

And you can't deny that Manly really is in a better position now than we were at the same time 2 years ago.

So in short, thank you Bob Fulton for what you did for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.....as a player, as a coach and as an administrator.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Wait, so Bozo rebuilt the club? To 6th place? That’s not a successful rebuild in my books.

The 20’s side won the competition because the Coach happens to be the key League man at Westfield Sports High, and shock horror, a lot of the talented 20’s player are from Westfield Sports High. The 20’s success is a red herring if used to claim Scott Fulton as a recruitment guru.

I’m happy with Barrett though, even though the treatment of Toovey was poor. Taupau was a good signing. On those fronts, Bozo has done well. Gutherson out for Walker though was a definite mistake.
Volley, Volley, Volley , don't spill your lolly !!!
We are 6th with a Bozo Bullet that he left us with to shoot straight up to number one .
The Bozo Foundations are there for the future feathered friend

Clay

Bencher
Bozo must be given credit for getting the squad in good shape and making the tough calls he had to make, a few that I personally disagreed with but at no stage did I doubt that Bozo had the clubs best interest at heart.

He cleaned up the mess created by the owners over the dreadful treatment of Toovey and the botched negotiations to sign our halves in 2014 and managing an aging team that had to be discarded and rebuilt.

The club is in decent shape now with a good pipeline of young players coming through, let's hope that the club does not squander this work and consolidates and builds on his work.

Thank you, Bozo!!
Bozo was involved in the handling of Toovey and the botched negotiations of the halves, you are thanking him for cleaning the mess he well and truly had a hand in creating?

Bozo got a few right (Taupau, Walker, Green), and also a few wrong (Forme > DCE and Mr. Poo, Mr. Plod).

2V was ZTC's head, probably delivered on a platter by Bozo the immortal clown, but not necessarily his creation (from what I read at the time).

By resigning now, he leaves a team that made the 8, with a stable roster, and probably no back ended deals (cross fingers).
Twenty needs to run the show now, and hopefully we will see success in 2018.

2V bled Maroon and white, but in the end, Bozo the clown and ZTC got their pound of flesh. Twenty is on his own next year, lets see how the seeds of Bozo perform.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Bozo got a few right (Taupau, Walker, Green), and also a few wrong (Forme > DCE and Mr. Poo, Mr. Plod).

2V was ZTC's head, probably delivered on a platter by Bozo the immortal clown, but not necessarily his creation (from what I read at the time).

By resigning now, he leaves a team that made the 8, with a stable roster, and probably no back ended deals (cross fingers).
Twenty needs to run the show now, and hopefully we will see success in 2018.

2V bled Maroon and white, but in the end, Bozo the clown and ZTC got their pound of flesh. Twenty is on his own next year, lets see how the seeds of Bozo perform.
I love Tooves, one of my favourite Manly people and definitely would have been happy if he was kept on for at least another year. But what about the reports that he wasn’t popular amongst the playing group, which do appear to have some merit. At the very least we all know that the elder guys from our most successful era weren’t getting on with him. That was before Snake had his most ordinary season in 2016 and Matai got injured. Choc flew the coop to Parra, Foran Left as well. There was a lot going on at the time, and it was a very divided volatile group. In 99% of cases like that the coach is the first to go. I just don’t see it as black and white as you’re claiming it to be.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Bozo was involved in the handling of Toovey and the botched negotiations of the halves, you are thanking him for cleaning the mess he well and truly had a hand in creating?
The removal of Toovey was done by the owners. I think accusing Bozo of making that call by himself is wide of the mark. If you remember, Dave Perry had Dce sown up contact wise before the new owners revoked the contract negotiated and Bozo had to pay overs to keep Dce. Foran was gone regardless! The mess was something Bozo inherited and he did well to fix things by making decisions that upset many of us. End of the day we are in better shape as a club right now compared to mid 15, don't you think???

Last edited:

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
Weird, Melbourne Storm win a premiership, and can still afford Nate Myles (through the season), Hoffman, Kasiano, Kaufusi, Earl, Papenhuyzen (all as new players) & resign to pretty big contracts: Addo-Carr, Asofa-Solomona, Blair, Bromwich, Chambers, Croft, Finucane, Hughes, Jacks, Kaufusi, Slater, Smith, Stimson, Vinivalu & Welch - FMD

Just amazes me, when Manly can only sign a couple of Blacktown players.

We all just assume that we are looking for players ..........because it seems obvious that we need some..............but maybe we are not!!!

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Wasn't Bozo brought in after Cherry had signed with the Titans and then it became known that Foran was off to doesn't-matta? IIRC one of his first tasks was to get DCE to change his mind and stay at Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16