Bozo: 'faceless men' are to blame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a media manager, Peter Peters was never going to make everyone happy. That's in the job description.

I tell you what though.

+ Zorba had an affinity with the players. When interviewing them, you could see the wonderful chemistry;
+ Zorba had a knack of injecting Manly's brand into the media at some very appropriate times;
+ Zorba's involvement with anything Manly, was always done with an absolute passion, and the man always told it how he saw it. No holds barred.

As others have alluded to, Zorba is known around the club, as a Manly legend for his involvement with us both on, and off the park. Not being the media manager is not a full stop. It is a change of direction (see below). Personally, I really hope the club looks past the end of its nose, and keeps Zorba involved, in something I feel he excels in, and that would be player/media education. Almost an interraction expert. He should focus on that, and the players life outside of the game - like getting into the media for example.

In regards to the change of direction thing:- People don't like change. Of coarse die hards like Fulton and Arko will be disappointed. They are loyal people.

That being said, sometimes change HAS to happen for the overall betterment of the club - how many people were upset we had to move games to Gosford? Well, we get plenty of cash for the exrecise, and maybe it is what we really needed this year...look at our cashflow.

Anyway guys - there will be very differing opinions on this, and frankly, most peoples opinions are valid. My main hope though, is that Zorba continues to feel part of the fabric of the club.

Yeah I reilly can't believe the way this has bobbed and blown up.

I have had my issues with Zorba in the past, but to be fair he doesn't do a bad job and is good for the club

Daniel said:
Yeah I reilly can't believe the way this has bobbed and blown up.

I have had my issues with Zorba in the past, but to be fair he doesn't do a bad job and is good for the club

And having a look at the timing & the way this has come up it reeks of an agenda thats convenient for the one driving the agenda but certainly not the team.

Whats worse.......a politically incorrect media gaffe hastily rectified with an apology or a politically motivated coup d'etat that has the potential to undermine a premiership shot.

Zorba is an arse-clown. He should have moved on years ago. I have no time for baggage that doesn't deliver. Driving the bus is about it. I have wondered for years just what he brings to the club. We have had poor media treatment for the last four decades, maybe he should carry some of the blame for that. Anyway he gets a payout where other employees just leave and go on the pension.

DSM5 said:
Zorba is an arse-clown. He should have moved on years ago. I have no time for baggage that doesn't deliver. Driving the bus is about it. I have wondered for years just what he brings to the club. We have had poor media treatment for the last four decades, maybe he should carry some of the blame for that. Anyway he gets a payout where other employees just leave and go on the pension.

Its patently obvious he does bring something valuable to the club. The people that matter in & around the player group think so.

If this was about underperformance in the media job role then the club has done the right thing. Change what is needed to be changed, but dont throw out the good contributions he is making and dont do it with weeks to a GF.

The media manager is meant to create a positive image for the club in the media, yet Zorba has been at the centre of some terrible PR disasters of late.

When Mike Baird and Brad Hazzard only offer Brookvale Oval a $20 million LOAN, not a Grant like every other ground, you can thank Zorba for his shameful attack on the local MPs before the last election. Zorba ignored a deliberate strategy put together by professional PR and lobbying people because he thought his strategy of brow beating and humiliating them in a public forum would still be effective in this day and age.

No one doubts Zorba's love for the Club, but when that does more harm then good then it its time to go.

time for change regardless how it happened to come about.

if the management think we need change so be it because if we keep dumping a mil each year we will all go the way of the ZORBA.

sad but a fact of business that football has well and truely become

lasvegas said:
time for change regardless how it happened to come about.

if the management think we need change so be it because if we keep dumping a mil each year we will all go the way of the ZORBA.

sad but a fact of business that football has well and truely become

I agree but I also hope it spells the end for some other elements as well.

It is the timing of the decision that stinks because there should be no distractions for the players at this time of year.

People are whinging that the club should be more professional but I don't see getting rid of a long term employee with strong connections just before the first semi final as being very professional.

By all means conduct a review of the club's operations in the offseason but not now.

Hope he still is active within the club but I think its time to get with the times and inject some new blood into the role!:)
How about being the new ground announcer!

north coast eagle said:
Phantar said:
Shut up Fulton.

Doesnt matter what your opinion on the matter is, it is really poor form to tell our greatest ever player and club man to shutup.

Yeah, whatever. I don't agree with you that he is being a great 'club man' right now though. He is understandably sticking up for his friend, but that isn't necessarily in the best interests of the Club. The Club's interests are necessarily bigger than the interests of any individual - player, official or supporter. Nepotism is not what we want. Otherwise you wind up with a club like the Canberra Raiders. Whatever the wisdom of the timing of this announcement, Fulton should just accept it and move on, at least publicly.

Fulton was a great player, arguably our best, but his coaching days were questionable. His radio days are even worse.

Phantar said:
north coast eagle said:
Phantar said:
Shut up Fulton.

Doesnt matter what your opinion on the matter is, it is really poor form to tell our greatest ever player and club man to shutup.

Yeah, whatever. I don't agree with you that he is being a great 'club man' right now though. He is understandably sticking up for his friend, but that isn't necessarily in the best interests of the Club. The Club's interests are necessarily bigger than the interests of any individual - player, official or supporter. Nepotism is not what we want. Otherwise you wind up with a club like the Canberra Raiders. Whatever the wisdom of the timing of this announcement, Fulton should just accept it and move on, at least publicly.
Faceless and pathetic Phantar you have absolutely no integrity or balls in hiding behind your pc and telling the greatest player ever to shut up. You should be ashamed of your self, but then again faceless man hiding behing desks and pcs dont have shame .The wisdom of the timing of this announcement?? you have to be joking you clown, not only are you guys faceless you are also brainless. A quote for your mate David Perry " youve got to give loyalty down if you want loyalty up"
I hope we dont loose too many loyal sponsors . Enjoy the Pressure Perry.

Masked Eagle said:
Beaver is our greatest clubman. He knocked back huge offers to stick solid. Bozo went to the chooks.
Beaver is our greatest clubman thats 4 sure but Bozo the immortal was our best player ever, Dinamic , explosive scintillating ,he did go to the feather dusters but came back to the Eagles nest and won us 2 premierships as coach.

Maybe Zorba will be like OBi-one-kinobi. If you strike him down will be 1000 times as powerful & pass the force onto the boys??
:p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4