(Boxing) Fenech vs Nelson - 24Jun08

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
"This was the much-awaited rematch between the triple world champion Jeff Fenech and his long-time nemesis, the triple world champion Azumah Nelson, at Melbourne. Or a fight between two old geezers, who perhaps should have known better.

Fenech is 44; Nelson is 49.."

From: http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/fenech-finally-beats-his-nemesis/2008/06/25/1214073255320.html

Went and saw this at a local club which, I was happy to say, had it showing on thier brand new huge plasma TV among other various normal flat panels around thier premises.

Some good undercards, glad I saw some of them actually.

WTF is with Susie Fenech getting up and singing some carp prior to the fight - man she sucked. We were just thinking "Get her off!". Or "Get them out or get off!" She also pushed it with that modern pop-carp switch-scale singing inflections during the national anthem. Please.

The fight itself was good I thought - both of them certainly went at it and landed a few good hits.
Overall it was a bit of a joke still, but even so I thought it was a fun event to hold and watch, and they are both gentlemen and quite accomplished in thier sport.

Why the broadcasters refrain mightily from including the round card displays around the ring in between rounds is absolutely beyond me. If I were paying for this broadcast in my home I would really expect to see all of that.

Overall, probably worth a reason to have a few beers at the pub as a rare type of event.

@[ssar]

Sorry for the slow reply. Geoffrey French (as Roy & HG) like to call him was really fired up for this one. Nelson looked like he was just out here on a junket lol.

Mundine V Geale II - in January should be decent viewing, Geale has plent of motivation to knock Mundine into Disneyland.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4