Bourbon Becky death threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Bottom feeder Bourbon Becky has got the A league fans off side with her shaming of fans who have been banned by the FFA ( gallop) and is receiving threats of violence and death threats

www.abc.com.au

Football Federation Australia has called for an end to "physical threats and death threats" directed at journalist Rebecca Wilson ahead of a planned walk out from A-League fans due to perceived poor treatment.

After a News Corp article named 198 people currently banned from A-League matches, the fan response has been heated, with Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers supporters planning a walk-out protest.

But the FFA, who earlier on Wednesday stood by its efforts to eradicate "anti-social" behaviour at A-League games, highlighted the threats made towards Wilson, and called for them to stop.

"FFA has become aware that Sunday Telegraph journalist Rebecca Wilson has received physical threats and death threats," an FFA statement read.

"While these are matters for the police, FFA has called for these threats to cease.

"FFA stands by its efforts to ban individuals who take part in anti-social behaviour and stands by the millions of fans who do the right thing and create an atmosphere we are all proud of."

Many A-League fans were incensed by the original News Corp article which listed almost 200 people banned from matches by name, with some of those now considering legal action.

Western Sydney's main supporter group, The Red and Black Bloc, issued a statement detailing plans for the walk-out while pointing the finger at the FFA for the privacy breach.

"There are rumours of how the leak eventuated but, nonetheless, the FFA cannot avoid being held accountable," their statement read.

"This confidential information falls under the FFA's jurisdiction, and they are complicit in it being exposed.

"People's lives and livelihoods have been jeopardised due to the existence of a list that has been created without due process. Many of these fans, some of which are under 18, have not been charged or convicted of offences."

"The FFA's silence is deafening. They have treated fans with contempt once again, and active support around the country is standing up to a corporation that sees itself as above the law.

"A disgraceful organisation, from the top down."

Interesting she has basically vanished from the game with gallop

"People's lives and livelihoods have been jeopardised due to the existence of a list that has been created without due process. Many of these fans, some of which are under 18, have not been charged or convicted of offences."
Way to go News Ltd. Who cares about due process when you've got a rag to sell. Nothing new for them though, they just about crucified Brett when he was falsely accused.
While I don't condone the threats to Wilson I can understand how some people would be a bit upset with her f**king with their lives.

Do the FFA still own the Wanderers?
Pretty bad to name under 18's and those who have not had any kind of natural justice.

The news filth will never learn do they? Boubon Becky would likely see this threat as a badge of honour
Slandering people they have made into an art form. Typical tactics and breaching privacy to them is a small price to pay as they know they have the wealth to counter any liability.
Ironic that Galloping goose is running the show there now. What a disaster for that game.

The media have shamed football since the old nsl days so nothings changed.The bulldogs should have been thrown out 100 times over with the actions of there supporters.

Remember the Tele put the pics of Dogs fans who were to be banned on the front cover and everyone thought that was the right move because grub Dogs fans I guess...

There's a risk of not seeing the forest for the trees here. The A-League do have a major, major issue with anti-social behaviour from their fans. THAT is the forest.

Isn't the emotional outrage clouding the issue here? Isn't this the exact same standard of reporting which we, as a community, have accepted as normal for decades? People accused are reported in the press (if considered newsworthy) before they've had any chance at natural justice through the courts. This is standard practice in the press. To have reported the people's names here is essentially no different. Isn't it?

The reporting of facts (i.e the bannings) is one thing. The presumption of levels of guilt before access to natural justice through appeal is another. I don't know what avenues the people had available to them to challenge the bannings. But I would expect and hope the FFA would not ban without significant damning evidence.

Brett Stewart being reported as accused was one matter. The widespread implicit assumption of guilt throughout the press, and from Gallop, was where the actions crossed a deeply prejudicial line. It is that form of overreach which should gain our outrage.

Bottom feeder Bourbon Becky has got the A league fans off side with her shaming of fans who have been banned by the FFA ( gallop) and is receiving threats of violence and death threats

www.abc.com.au

Football Federation Australia has called for an end to "physical threats and death threats" directed at journalist Rebecca Wilson ahead of a planned walk out from A-League fans due to perceived poor treatment.

After a News Corp article named 198 people currently banned from A-League matches, the fan response has been heated, with Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers supporters planning a walk-out protest.

But the FFA, who earlier on Wednesday stood by its efforts to eradicate "anti-social" behaviour at A-League games, highlighted the threats made towards Wilson, and called for them to stop.

"FFA has become aware that Sunday Telegraph journalist Rebecca Wilson has received physical threats and death threats," an FFA statement read.

"While these are matters for the police, FFA has called for these threats to cease.

"FFA stands by its efforts to ban individuals who take part in anti-social behaviour and stands by the millions of fans who do the right thing and create an atmosphere we are all proud of."

Many A-League fans were incensed by the original News Corp article which listed almost 200 people banned from matches by name, with some of those now considering legal action.

Western Sydney's main supporter group, The Red and Black Bloc, issued a statement detailing plans for the walk-out while pointing the finger at the FFA for the privacy breach.

"There are rumours of how the leak eventuated but, nonetheless, the FFA cannot avoid being held accountable," their statement read.

"This confidential information falls under the FFA's jurisdiction, and they are complicit in it being exposed.

"The FFA's silence is deafening. They have treated fans with contempt once again, and active support around the country is standing up to a corporation that sees itself as above the law.

"A disgraceful organisation, from the top down."
I say to all those fans, welcome to life under Gallop

You can't tell me that shes has only now started getting death threats. Surely that would've been happening for years.

There's a risk of not seeing the forest for the trees here. The A-League do have a major, major issue with anti-social behaviour from their fans. THAT is the forest.

Isn't the emotional outrage clouding the issue here? Isn't this the exact same standard of reporting which we, as a community, have accepted as normal for decades? People accused are reported in the press (if considered newsworthy) before they've had any chance at natural justice through the courts. This is standard practice in the press. To have reported the people's names here is essentially no different. Isn't it?

The reporting of facts (i.e the bannings) is one thing. The presumption of levels of guilt before access to natural justice through appeal is another. I don't know what avenues the people had available to them to challenge the bannings. But I would expect and hope the FFA would not ban without significant damning evidence.

Brett Stewart being reported as accused was one matter. The widespread implicit assumption of guilt throughout the press, and from Gallop, was where the actions crossed a deeply prejudicial line. It is that form of overreach which should gain our outrage.

Rex you might want to read this

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...621998463?sv=3472b0ea134eb46cb47f99feb89131c9

Have a read of this for some perspective

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...lems-in-a-league/story-e6frf423-1227621998463

I know there aren't a lot of A-League fans on here obviously but read have a read of the comment Alan Jones made whilst he had Rebecca on his show to talk about her article. Painting a few minor issues at a game in the same light as a mass killing in Paris is a bit much even for their low IQ standards.

Rebecca needs no introduction in printing rubbish articles to boost reader numbers. I am a Sydney FC fan (gives me something to occupy time with between NRL seasons) and have zero care for the Wanderers but her article was aimed to outrage and incriminate the sport as a whole.

No denying that A-League has crowd problems but if someone can tell me that Rugby League or Cricket fans don't get ejected for behaviour issues then they are kidding themselves.

I go to a fair few HAL games and seen the good and the bad.
I've seen kids kicked out and banned for no reason/ mistaken identity and there is no appeals process or hearing.
I've seen some anti social behaviour but nothing that I haven't seen at league games.
Apprently some of those bans on the list 5-10 years old.
It's a violation of privacy whoever leaked it, shame on you.
Despite what the media tells you 99.9% of supporters are there to watch the game and have a good time.

Thanks lsz,

Like Bourbon Becky always seems to be, Simon Hill is quite positioned in his story. In his 3rd and 4th paragraphs, he implicitly accepts that soccer does indeed have a problem. But in the same breath, like a magician, he quickly and deftly diverts attention away from this key issue by focusing attention on the police, and Bourbon Becky. He then spends the rest of his article minimising the problem and diverting attention away from the problem, and finger-pointing anywhere but within the code itself.

I find it difficult to listen to the inanity of the spiels of shock jocks like Alan Jones and Bourbon Becky. But they are part of the landscape.

If Manly fans were causing the problems that certain soccer fans are causing, I'd want them banned too. And if they were named, then so be it. I would welcome legal action if they'd been defamed. And I would welcome them being exposed if they hadn't. If the FFA don't have an appeals process, then that is a problem that needs fixing.

It's a forest and trees issue. And Simon Hill wants us to look very, very closely at those trees.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6