BlueTongue Stadium ??????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
shane dont worry mate you not missing nothing i was in debut for 4yrs because of 3 credit cards,,now i have 1 & only use it for internet purchases .. i dont use it for anything else..

Im goin to get a debit card,its safer and im not great with cash lol
That said claiming im not a true silvertail? my 1st memory is of our victory over the  raiders during the last grand final at the SCG
On a scale from 1 to 10,i rate 11,the rating for lifelong manly boys,even if im from the west

dont need a credit card to walk into a ticketek or ticketmaster (i dunno which it was sold at) and buy over the counter during the week.

Obviously we prefer Brookie but didn't have much in the way of dramas at Bluetongue

We left the beaches around 12.30pm in a mates car and had a pretty good run up there and even with a little bit of a jam coming in to Gosford we were able to find parking close to the ground and then were in the club by 2.00 to meet friends for a quick beer pre-game.

As there was obviously a big crowd (I'd read in the papers and heard on a few different radio stations that there had already been 18,000 ticktes sold by mid week) so we headed over to the ground around 2.30 ish.

The queues in to the ground moved in quite quickly, quick toilet break when we got in and despite a bit of congestion on the stairs up to to the upper tiers we soon found a spot to base ourselves.

There were 8 of us but we still found a good spot to watch the game.

We had a pretty mixed bunch of supporters around us and the Tigers fans were OK and open to a chat.

My mates girfriend went in the queue for beers so he could watch the game and she was there and back pretty quickly.

The kids went to get an ice cream just before half time and didn't have any dramas but the queues looked pretty long at half time.

We got stuck in a bit of traffic on the way out but you get that with a big chunk of traffic heading back to Sydney?

Re tickets, we are season ticket holders so could use them but here is a link to Ticketmaster outlets

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/h/stateselectoutlets.html

where you can get tickets by paying cash and they seem to have most areas pretty well covered - a google for ticketek would do the same so should be pretty easy for most people to get them pre-game

I much prefer Brookie and also prefer Sunday arvos as well.

Bottom line for us fans is to get to Brookie. It is many, many seasons since there has been a 20k attendance there. People need to attend the games rather than talk about how we love Brookie. The biggest crowd at the Fortress has been 18k and that was in about 2003 if memory serves me right. Someone here will set me straight if not.

Yeah - why is it that not more people attend Brookie?

Though there was a huge number of Tigers fans yesterday....

Rusty link said:
The whole stadium is too small, corridors are only as wide as my living room and there is no room to line up for drinks, food or toilet without stopping the flow of traffic, and the lines to get in where huge, the ticket lines were huge and I arrived in time for the TC.

That said, once you have a seat the viewing is fantastic, no dud seats like at ANZ and a great atmosphere because of the crowd, although they should do what they do in the soccer and separate home and away fans on the opposite sides, since being mixed in with the Tigers fans could have been a pain. As it was the ones with us were good value, but I would guess I was very lucky in that regard.

Agree with everything you've said!!
Nothing better than having a beer and a hotdog while watching the footy.Did'nt get to do that as i was'nt prepared to miss 15min of footy to get a beer.Must say my seats gave me a great veiw of a great performance by the mighty Eagles...

Brookie is great, but old and antiquated.  Bluetongue is good.  If Brookvale could develop itself in the same manner, we would attract good crowds.  At the moment, and everybody knows the problems, we won't get those sort of numbers at Brookvale.  And I thought the majority of people at the game yesterday were Tigers supporters. 

DSM5 link said:
Brookie is great, but old and antiquated.  Bluetongue is good.  If Brookvale could develop itself in the same manner, we would attract good crowds.  At the moment, and everybody knows the problems, we won't get those sort of numbers at Brookvale.  And I thought the majority of people at the game yesterday were Tigers supporters. 

You're taking the p1ss DSM.

There are only two good grounds left. Brookie & Leichhardt.

Bluetongue is an uncomfortable lack of atmosphere. Like Parra, it has no soul. From watching it on TV, the crowd was pro-Tigers.

ads link said:
Yeah - why is it that not more people attend Brookie?
..because its non smoking better off watching in the club & going for smokes outdoors where they have a tv on so you dont miss the game even better is watching it at home the beer is cheaper & i dont have to go outside to smoke lol..  & before yous all start its my smoking & others smoking thats keeping this country educated &  healthy.. if it wasnt for the smokers all you non smokers would be slugged with biggers rego  higher greenslips .paying for hospitals & doctors there would be no medicare .. schools in major need of repair  will be hitting  your pockets .. instead of mine.. so its like this no one smokes we all pay  

Shane link said:
I think it was slightly embarrasing,they had more fans at our home game
..its actually their home game  we played em round 1 brookie im sure?????????????

. if it wasnt for the smokers all you non smokers would be slugged with biggers rego  higher greenslips .paying for hospitals & doctors there would be no medicare .. schools in major need of repair  will be hitting  your pockets .. instead of mine.. so its like this no one smokes we all pay 
[/quote]

thanks heaps jjai

jjai link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=184286.msg278750#msg278750 date=1280126178]
..its actually their home game  we played em round 1 brookie im sure?????????????
[/quote]

Tripper.

No sorry Jjai we played them in the middle of sydney,Diver also said we were giving away our home ground advantage

aww thats right  i forgot i remember now..lol  ..  we gave away our  homeground .. sorry  yeah  duffy  i have my trip out moments  ;D

i noticed i got smited keep it up boys  i either want 69 or 1969  smites  ,  i figure its easy getting  that many smites than it is appauld..i was born in that year look good jjai 1969 or 69  lol.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=184286.msg278750#msg278750 date=1280126178]
..its actually their home game  we played em round 1 brookie im sure?????????????
[/quote]

We played them at the SFS in round 1.It was a Tigers home game.The game at Bluetongue on Sunday was a Mnaly home game-one of two that can be played away from Brookie.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6