Blockhead Roach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

In today's Brissie paper it also quotes Manly defensive Roach giving it to former players criticising recent perfromace. That fat **** head is obviously a little gun shy. I would think his perfromance since taking the job is somewhat questionable??

You really have to start wondering how Roach... or anyone at the club for that matter can question the comments of Max and Ken dont you.

Our team lost by 62 points on the weekend and so far, the only thing i've managed to hear about it is whining about ex manly players.

If I wanted to hear the type of news comming out of our club at the moment i'd make my way down to the single mothers daily pram walk. Seriously, do we have a bunch of soccer mums running our club???

(no offense to soccer mums)

So your happy with the only explination for the weekends loss being a whinge about ex manly greats reactions to such a pathetic effort.

Surly you of all people dvs can understand its just media. They sell papers for these kinds of stories, they're not going to ramble on about a team on top of the ladder unless they are in a one team town.

Do you think a Brizzy papers want to discuss other teams problems, rather than the Broncos 4 out of 5 lossing streak?

i'm not quite sure what you are trying to say but:

i don't care if every manly player came out and wrote a book on what went wrong. Whether it be 1 word or 1,000 words all i want them to do is win either this week or next week and then be competitive in the finals. It's the only way to shut the knockers up.

Many far more intelligent footy heads than us has said the best way to get on with the season is to forget about the loss, and it doesn't help when Max comes out and blasts them after it.

Of course Max made a correct point, it was obvious we were pathetic, the players nor the fans needed that to be pointed out.

Now i have forgotten what i was writing about....so i'm just going to stop now.

Paragraph 1 referes to the media ban. Seems as though they can whinge about people, but not discuss the loss that many people are asking answers for. I would have liked to see the official site be used to get a message across to the fans about the loss. Whats going on. What being done to correct form. ect ect.

Paragraph 2. The only reason we are hearing what Max thinks is because it was such a bad loss and people love to read bad press about manly. I can safly say he is probably like any other fan. Gets mad at stages, happy the rest. The fact is, the papers will sell if a club great is bagging a performance. Being such a big loss is the only reason we are hearing his opinion.

Paragraph 3. This above article is from a brizzy paper. A 1 team town. They are going to write about Blocker to take the focus off the broncos own losing streak. Do I need to remind you who owns brisbanes top selling news paper?

Matt, I reckon that is why Max and Arko said what they did: so that the players would respond to the criticism and be stung into action.

You cannot say they were trying to bring disrepute to the club.

no no, not purposely trying to bring the club down....that'd be stupid.

but i don't know if it was the best way to go about it.....we'll soon find out on Saturday.

anyway, i give up on the arguement......i've probably lost the plot anyway.

The one thing that is comming out of all of this is that the club is not a happy one at the moment with all the bickering and fighting going on.

There is also a bit of uncertainty as to what is going on with Ashley Alberts as well.

If lose the next 2 games by big margins and miss out on the semis then I feel that there is going to be major dramas in the club.

I'd like to know about Alberts too- I think something fishy is going on there.
In regards to past greats having a go- they more so than most should be allowed to have a go at the players due to the fact that they are 'past greats' have been there, done that, put their bodies on the line and had a crack.
No one can say that they have been flogged like that in the past themselves because there is NO Manly first grade team that has been flogged like that- ever...and to think we thought it was bad against the Panthers last year.
If anyone bothered to read the whole article (not on this site but in general) they would find out that Max wasn't saying that he was deserting the club or anything drastic like that- he was just embarrassed and rightly so!
He said in the story that he would love for the Eagles to get back in the winners circle and said he would be at Brookie cheering the team on as he has always done.
He was quite within his rights to have a crack at the players and the way monas with his whiney face told the media that he would take the comments with a grain of salt really pisses me off.

What gives this team the right to lose to a club record margin. Damn right the legends are pissed off!

defending a bloke who was laughing his head off on radio when we were beat by 60 by the panthers,i am beginning to wonder if some people wouldnt defend hitler if he played in the 7 or was the defensive coach of manly

defending a bloke who was laughing his head off on radio when we were beat by 60 by the panthers,i am beginning to wonder if some people wouldnt defend hitler if he played in the 7 or was the defensive coach of manly

i can defend who the fudge i want to defend.

comprehend?

p.s. he wasn't laughing his head off, he made a joke about it and laughed afterwards about it.......heaven forbid we aren't all miserable human beings like yourself. :blah:

i heard every bit of that "joke".it went on for 10 ****ing embarrassing minutes and he was reprimanded internally by the club.

on another note max actually went to the game like he does almost every week.he is not only a manly legend but he turns up every week for the last 8 years to watch mostly ****.if any one deserves an opinion it is him and not the fleas like yourself who were happy to have hoaxes like monaghan foisted on us for 240k when all the coaching staff wanted him gone.

Matt , what is with u mate, i am not saying not to defend him i am debating the worthiness of defending under performers but u continue with the blah blah ****.sue's actually right he was in strife with the club over it and i thought even a pest like u may find that a little off putting.

well i'm glad someone so in the loop at the football club like you is enlightening me on these very valid points.

suuuuue, anyone home in that nogan???? heeeeeellooooooooo suuuuuuuuuuuuuue???????????

please point out where i said he wasn't entitled to an opinion or conversly my opinion is better than his.

p.s. flea? oh how you hurt my feelings so. roflmao.

Matt , what is with u mate, i am not saying not to defend him i am debating the worthiness of defending under performers but u continue with the blah blah ****.sue's actually right he was in strife with the club over it and i thought even a pest like u may find that a little off putting.

i don't find it off putting, it was a joke......who cares......did it effect the rest of the season? NO, infact it actually picked up, did it affect the 1st half of this season? NO.

i can see why people hate getting in arguements with yourself and sue as you two nut cases always lose your way and try and salvage with pathetic name calling and useless bits of information like a joke that Blocker said after a loss last year :violin:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4