Blacktown Workers - Players from Yesterday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I took the opportunity of going to watch the Workers game against St George yesterday and to be honest besides a spirited first half which saw us go to the sheds in the lead 18-16 I was underwhelmed with the talent on show.

As you all would probably know we lost the game 44-18. 28 to nil in the second half!

What I took out of the game is that the right edge defence problems in first grade must be contagious as it was deplorable in the 2nd half with St George players going through at will. (may have something to do with the switch of Harper from right centre to fullback).

There was a lack of a star element in any of the players although I thought that Saddler, Ben Trbojevic, and Morgan Harper tried hard & were the pick of the players. Harper played the first half at centre and the second at Fullback. In my opinion, he played better at centre and was out of position a number of times at Fullback especially in defence. Saddler is definetly a keeper while I think Ben T will make it.

Also, we could do no worse than use the hooker Donize I think his name is. Stocky, tough, and gave some good service from dummy half. Just need to get his fitness up to speed.

Overall I was uninspired with the players on show and our lack of depth. Another long season ahead for the workers!

I took the opportunity of going to watch the Workers game against St George yesterday and to be honest besides a spirited first half which saw us go to the sheds in the lead 18-16 I was underwhelmed with the talent on show.

As you all would probably know we lost the game 44-18. 28 to nil in the second half!

What I took out of the game is that the right edge defence problems in first grade must be contagious as it was deplorable in the 2nd half with St George players going through at will. (may have something to do with the switch of Harper from right centre to fullback).

There was a lack of a star element in any of the players although I thought that Saddler, Ben Trbojevic, and Morgan Harper tried hard & were the pick of the players. Harper played the first half at centre and the second at Fullback. In my opinion, he played better at centre and was out of position a number of times at Fullback especially in defence. Saddler is definetly a keeper while I think Ben T will make it.

Also, we could do no worse than use the hooker Donize I think his name is. Stocky, tough, and gave some good service from dummy half. Just need to get his fitness up to speed.

Overall I was uninspired with the players on show and our lack of depth. Another long season ahead for the workers!
Was Sipley playing ?

Where was Tyfuna?
I think you’ll find anyone that is to be potentially named in the 21 man squad for Thursday didn’t play due to the short turn around. Hence the team that ran out yesterday was minus a number who would generally be there. Toff, Funa, Tuipulotu etc.

Harper to FB interesting ploy there when he started at Centre. Wonder if Des asked he have a run there? Didn’t sound like he did too well tho

Harper to FB interesting ploy there when he started at Centre. Wonder if Des asked he have a run there? Didn’t sound like he did too well tho
Surely if you were going to give Walker a crack knowing it could backfire, you'd be having one of your top 30 play fullback exclusively in Blacktown to prepare them just in case. What if Dylan got injured?

I just think there is no foresight in the place.

Yeah, the guys who were named in the 21 man squad didn't play except for Harper. (interesting ?)
Noticed a number of the first-grade group there including Manase Fanu who looked pretty relaxed.

Seve got injured. Smith to 5/8 Harper to fb and I can't remember who went to centre but it was a massacre on our right side defence.
Harper looked a bit lost and was caught out a few times.

Seve got injured. Smith to 5/8 Harper to fb and I can't remember who went to centre but it was a massacre on our right side defence.
Harper looked a bit lost and was caught out a few times.
If he was even remotely caught out there for Blacktown vs at George then there is no place for him at the back v Cleary and co.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8