Blacktown Workers ... 2023 ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Two or three players don't make a team. A team is all players putting in. Identifying a few players as somehow the reason for a loss is myopic. OK so players like Weekes and Schuster didn't stand out except for 15 minutes. Not good but where was the rest of the team. Just waiting for them to do something? Sometimes that 15 minutes is the difference between winning and losing. I remember Phil Blake and Johnny Gibbs when they were playing for us. Much of the game you wouldn't see much of them. Then suddenly, and this happened often with Gibbs, he would do what seemed impossible and bingo the game would be won. But that depended on the rest of the team maintaining control of the game. I remember one game at North Sydney Oval. I was there. Manly were trailing but within range. Two remarkable plays by Gibbs led to two tries and Manly won. But he wasn't seen for most of the game. Frustrating but better than not having those skillful players on the field. Brookes copped this criticism at Wests. All Brookes' fault. No wonder he left.

Two or three players don't make a team. A team is all players putting in. Identifying a few players as somehow the reason for a loss is myopic. OK so players like Weekes and Schuster didn't stand out except for 15 minutes. Not good but where was the rest of the team. Just waiting for them to do something? Sometimes that 15 minutes is the difference between winning and losing. I remember Phil Blake and Johnny Gibbs when they were playing for us. Much of the game you wouldn't see much of them. Then suddenly, and this happened often with Gibbs, he would do what seemed impossible and bingo the game would be won. But that depended on the rest of the team maintaining control of the game. I remember one game at North Sydney Oval. I was there. Manly were trailing but within range. Two remarkable plays by Gibbs led to two tries and Manly won. But he wasn't seen for most of the game. Frustrating but better than not having those skillful players on the field. Brookes copped this criticism at Wests. All Brookes' fault. No wonder he left.
I'd say you would see a lot more from Schu if Gordy was the hooker.
Opposition teams will see Gordy from dummy half and be less inclined to rush up on Schu.

The Fullback looked impressive on Saturday.
He would fit right in would Chevy Stewart at Manly. Would go well in our backs. A Saab, A Turbo and a Chevy.

What really cruelled the Blacktown side, which almost won mind you, was ball retention. They had almost three times the error rate of the Raiders, completed only 63% of their sets and had overall 10% less ball. This has been a problem in the senior grade for much of the year also. You cant win games without the ball.

Clayton Faulalo selected in the NSW Cup Team of the Year

Knock On.jpg

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4