Blacktown Sea Eagles (Barely)Live on Foxtel - Saturday 12:30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tuned in and it was 4-0 Blacktown.... guess I jinxed them! Oops

Hi Nordburg

What I expect or would like from them is the same expectation the club has of me when they send me out membership reminders/ renewals, commitment.

The club expects me to commit to them, then as a fan I'd expect a player, irrespective of the grade to demonstrate the same commitment and put in a little elbow grease.

Whilst we are constrained with the squad we have due to our recruitment and an apparent "retention" strategy of letting players, we only have those players that you've mentioned to call upon and others.

I'm sick to death of players just turning up to play; have a go, a little bit of demonstrative effort binds our commitment to them as players and they to us, the supporters.

Unfortunately as a supporter for over 30 years there's appears to be a seamless progression by those that now run our club towards an acceptable of good is enough.

I'm sorry that's not acceptable.

Manly were hated for many, many things over the years and for those who were simple enough to reinforce their hatred with the argument of "Ohh your Club just wanted to but premierships", after the next breath they would begrudgingly comment and day it's because we, as a Team, as a Club persisted with players, coaches, administrators who demonstrated commitment, pride, tenacity and effort in representing us, the fans and the Club.

I'm sad to say that I'm not seeing a Club (I'm not commenting on individual players as some do shine brighter than others) that I know as Manly, I'm seeing a Club who is doing just enough to field a Team of players, who at stages today look like they all met at the Airport and decided to have a jog around Mt Smart Stadium.

My apologies, rant over.
I agree.I was making a point at how poor the recruitment has been over the last few years despite Fulton and co stating the recruitment needed to head in a different direction after they gave Toovey the flick.All I can see that they’ve done is sign Polynesians

Is there any Intensity in our play or are the players going through the motions ?
Completion rate was 65%

Dropped balls and run out over the sideline.

Basically every tackle was WWE Mania

Warriors kept scoring so Manly hardly had the ball

Warriors weren't much better, but didn't knock on as often as Manly

Sad :(

Is there any Intensity in our play or are the players going through the motions ?
They didn’t even go through the motions... abysmal is the word that comes to mind. The only positive was Suli getting another game under his belt. He looked good on the few occasions he touched the ball.

Last edited:
You'd hope the coaching staff would keep that sort of news away from the players until after the game. Geopolitical tensions can reek havoc on your completion rates.

Though it should assist in ball security....

Lussick the only one who looked like he gave a ****.
Motivation , who is responsible ?
The coach or the players ?
Some coaches can get their players up and some cant
Who knows ?
Many times we have seen players perform better with a different coach

Tom wright is purely a runner of the ball with "some" ball skills, Why is he playing 5/8 He's a centre of fullback! Simple!
I actually really like the look of Amone, a real worker in attack and defence, has a good junior background and was touted as a future 1st grader, might be getting close.
John folau looks solid and in a better side would fit right in at 1st grade.
Suli will play 1st grade in a few weeks and had some strong carries.
Anderson had limited opportunities but looks like he could play 1st grade next yr, again needs opportunities in a better side to shine.
Fainu will be a superstar, young kid has all the skills and maturity beyond his years.
Sipley strong but not enough workload to force his way into 1st grade.

Other than that nothing to get excited about

Tom wright is purely a runner of the ball with "some" ball skills, Why is he playing 5/8 He's a centre of fullback! Simple!
I actually really like the look of Amone, a real worker in attack and defence, has a good junior background and was touted as a future 1st grader, might be getting close.
Anderson had limited opportunities but looks like he could play 1st grade next yr, again needs opportunities in a better side to shine.
Fainu will be a superstar, young kid has all the skills and maturity beyond his years.

Ah not sure what game you were watching but Fainu was horrid he was so slow and offered nothing at all

You are in the wrong thread .... this is the we are ****house and the world is ending thread ....

You are in the wrong thread .... this is the we are ****house and the world is ending thread ....
The world and the Manly football club never end .
Incompetent players and coaches careers only end .
The Proud Winning history and culture of our club lives for ever feathered friend
imagesF4M4NU0D.jpg

Ah not sure what game you were watching but Fainu was horrid he was so slow and offered nothing at all
I have not seen the game so I cannot comment but it sure is fascinating how 2 people can see a game and have totally different views on how a player performs .

Im watching the game where a 19year old fainu holds his own against men. The kid has alot if skills and deception out of hooker. Remember how everyone wanted to keep parcell and hated Api???? I was always on Api's side and trust me anyone who knows football and knows a true footballer knows that Fainu will be a star. As Api is now.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8