bk must be captian

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we are rudderless.we are embarrassing ourselves with referees.des must bight the bullet and give the best second rower in the world the captiancy.this slippery slide is getting far too steep......

No - you are correct - we are dreadful & the laughing stock of the NRL. Manly shoul hang its head in shame.....again....Maybe we will get a letter for the 5th uear in a row of apology for performance by the cpatain.

you are right there - monas has been branded.

nk, has had enough time out of the saddle to hopefully have his misdeminers forgotten.

and we need a 5/8

What has gone wrong with Mona's captaincy. When he took over the role from Beaver last year I thought he handled the job well.

Is it the spectre of BK that is causing his lack of influence as the captain.

Pete - that is precisely why most here wanted BK as captain. His experience, standing and influence were always going to far exceed that of Monas.

Also, Monaghan is going through the same rut that Harris and Watmough went through last year. Just signed a long term contract and complacency has set in.

yeah by giving BK the captaincy it will make a drastic change in form.

Get a grip fellas. BK is inspirational without the captaincy.. it would make no difference.

Monas will bounce back. The side has just hit a rough patch.. if anyone thought wed be in 4th after 16 rounds or so.. WITH Monas at half.. then go on and bag him.. if you thought wed finish near the bottom... then shut up.

Kaza, ask Menzies if giving up the captaincy doesn't make a difference.

You say BK is inspirational without the captaincy, that's exactly why he should be captain.

we would of course run the risk of Bk suffering the same issues as monas and beaver before him.

I dont feel that monas' game is effected drastically but i am worried about him being pre judged, the brisbane game shows that the refs will not give him any chances unlike other captains. Its a disadvantage we do not need.

Of coarse if BK treats teh refs like he has in some games previously there will be no point. He needs to improve his captaincy act, im sure he would.

You say BK is inspirational without the captaincy, that's exactly why he should be captain.

Monas lifted with the captaincy.. look at his record.. look where his club is on the ladder.

BK is inspirational anyway.. why give him the captaincy...

[quote author=SilentBob]

Monas lifted with the captaincy.. look at his record.. look where his club is on the ladder.

BK is inspirational anyway.. why give him the captaincy...
[/quote]

Watching him on the field, he would go through a hell of a lot of stress balls, take the responsibility off him and let him concentrate on being a decent half. BK is three quarters of the way to being captain anyway, his game wouldn't have to change and he's already angry and stressed.

Mate since Monas was chosen as Captain.. check our record of wins and losses and tell me if you think hes struggling with the captaincy.

We lost for the first time 2 in a row for the first time in ages. Weve hit a bad patch.. weve had alot of injuries and you cannot expect to lead a side out with the most experienced player 80 games and expect to beat a full strength tigers side.

His record also includes a 72-12 loss to Penrith, a flogging from Souths, a loss to a winless Dragons, and a 'kangaroo in the headlights' performance against Brisbane.

He rarely plays the dominating halfback role, the whole side rarely dominates for 80 minutes. The record is good on paper, but defence and the backrow have won the majority of games, not his dazzling halfback performances or inspirational captaincy.

thats a bull**** excuse.. considering the stats say we make the least metres from forwards. His kicking game gives us a great advantage. His got one of the best long kicking games in the comp. Always finds space with his kicks and always gets them really long.

Are you saying Melbourne havent lost by alot? Why isnt Melbourne at the top if Orford is such a great player. especially with the backline they got!

In the end.. a half back sets up tries using his backs... not his forwards... i know which backline id prefer if i was a half back.

You keep going back to the same things, stats, records, nothing tangible, just some numbers. I'll turn it around and say, the forwards don't make metres because Des loves dummy half runs and Monaghans good record as captain is because Menzies has been able to find form without the (c) next to his name, blah blah. The stats can be twisted around anyway you like.

His kicking game is good, it would quite effective at hooker.

I haven't mentioned Orford in this thread so I'm not going to address that.

I'm retiring from this thread now, I feel like Monaghan going round and round and round. :blaugh:

Its just frustrating when they need someone to stand up and be counted that there is no one there at times in last nights game we more than had our chances to take the bull by th horns but there seemed to be no leader come organiser on the field what sort of a team would we have if kennedy, watmough and menzies were out injured for any length of time cant rely on kennedy for everything we need some other players to find some form

we have played off our solid forward platform and passion for most of this year and performed well thus far..other sides have worked us out now.we do not play laterally.they compress their defense,build pressure and they know we will panic.as fittler said on the footy show today.without the backrow we just run sideways and get panicked out of the game.

our draw has been favourable.we play the roosters,cowboys,parra and storm only once.from here on in our draw is a nightmare.we are currently 2 points in the eight and leaking like a sieve.what does it matter where a club stands after round 16.we may scrape into the eight.i thought seventh at start of year.with our current 6,7 and 9 we cannot improve next year.if we desire to be in elite company once again we must look for alternatives.it is hardly an argument.it is blindingly obvious.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4