BK is the target

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
BK is the target
JASON AVEDISSIAN
16jun05
FIERY Newcastle forward Clint Newton will target former teammate Ben Kennedy in Sunday's clash with Manly at Brookvale Oval in an attempt to unsettle the Sea Eagles pack.

Newton has also revealed he has been sending his former Knights colleague text messages in the lead-up to the game in an attempt to gain a mental edge over the Origin forward.

``There's been the odd text message flying around just to let him know we will be coming to Brookie and trying to test him out,'' Newton said. ``I'm happy to be playing against him. I'm sure our paths will cross and it will be nice and fiery.''

Kennedy and his NSW teammate Steve Menzies will both be checked on their fitness this morning following last night's Origin match at Telstra Stadium.

Manly captain Michael Monaghan was unfazed by Newton's comments as the Sea Eagles aim for their 11th successive win at fortress Brookvale. ``Good luck to them,'' the skipper said. ``After the last Origin BK turned around and was man of the match in the next game.

``I don't think he's going to worry about what Clint Newton comes out and says.

``The form he's in certainly has him up there with the premier forwards in the competition. He has certainly been a successful acquisition for us.''

Monaghan, however, did warn his team against complacency as the Knights strive for their first win of the season.

With Andrew Johns, Danny Buderus and Steve Simpson picked to play on Sunday, Monaghan is well aware Newcastle will be desperate.

``It's probably the best side they have had all season,'' Monaghan said.

``They are a dangerous side and will be tough.''

TAB Sportsbet yesterday opened a market for punters to bet on when/if Newcastle will win a game this year. The Knights are paying $3.85 to upset Manly on Sunday, the shortest price of all their remaining 12 matches.

surely that cant be right.they are playing an unbeaten manly at home and they are at their shortest odds including games ate energy stadium?the bookies really do have a knock on us.last week obviously didnt help.

let Newton have his best shot! with his suspension record of late hes the last bloke who should be getting involved. all a bit of a publicity stunt, to try and get a few of the druggies down to watch them. should be a good crowd!

eh - if BK is targetted he will knuckle down and only make 100m and be good, but they wont be able to contain beaver and watmough so watch for them to run riot

sue - saddly after watching South belt us, I was concerned about this week in a big way. Without Buderus, it will make it difficult though.

lol

Nice comments from Monas. Didnt turn it into a sledging match or comments to fire them up.

go BK!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4