Billy Weepu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lifestart

Watched Manly v Norths 1997 game on Fox Sports over the weekend and Billy Weepu came off the bench. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Not sure where he is now. Billy was a classic case of a big kid who didn't handle the knocks too well.

One of my memories of Billy was at the end of a reserve grade game against Cronulla at Shark park. Manly scored with a minute left to tie the scores up (about 20 all). For some strange reason Cronulla decided to do a short kick off and the ball didn't go 10 metres so Manly got a penalty as the siren sounded. Up stepped Billy and knocked the goal over from half way. Pretty sure he was a toe poke kicker too. With 120kgs behind it, the ball traveled a long way.

This is off Wikipedia!!!!

Return to New Zealand[edit]

Weepu played for both Wellington and Taranaki in the 1999 National Provincial Competition, becoming the subject of a NZRL appeal.[4] Along with fellow Wellington prop, Tino Brown, Weepu was later ruled ineligible to play for the Taranaki Sharks.

With the start of the Bartercard Cup in 2000 Weepu was part of the Wainuiomata Lions side that participated in the first two seasons.

In 2002, with the demise of the Lions, he moved to the Central Falcons.[5]

Representative career[edit]

Weepu was selected for the Junior Kiwis in 1994.[6]

In 2000 Weepu represented New Zealand Māori.[7]

Later years[edit]

Weepu now works as a Camera Operator for TV3's Campbell Live.[1]

Billy was in the Manly grand final squad for at least one of 1995-97 games because i can remember seeing on the tv they warmed up before the game on the SCG and he was in his playing gear. I think it was the 1995 team. Anyway he didn't get on the field in any of them.

He is Piri Weepu's big brother. Piri is an All Black. Still may be for all i know about RU.

Brissie Kid said:
Billy was in the Manly grand final squad for at least one of 1995-97 games because i can remember seeing on the tv they warmed up before the game on the SCG and he was in his playing gear. I think it was the 1995 team. Anyway he didn't get on the field in any of them.

He is Piri Weepu's big brother. Piri is an All Black. Still may be for all i know about RU.

Piri is kiwi for "perry" I believe.

I am disappointed that weepu never got to pack down with Dan stains.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4