Biggest threat this week.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The biggest thing we will hav to overcome this week is complacency. We have had a really good win, though the merits of the current Rorters side are debatable.

It would be really easy to cruise this week thinking that "we only have Souths" and find that we get our pants pulled down next weekend.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. A win is crucial if we think we can push for a Top 4 spot.
2. A lot of the sides below us play each other in coming weeks and one of them could mount a run. We need to keep winning to make sure that we determine our finals destiny. Parramatta are the side that worry me most now.
3. Souths hammered us in an away game last year and they still have some "name" players. We can't take them lightly.

One could make a case that their outside backs are superior to ours so it will be up to our forwards to get over the top of their very small pack.

King might even break the 50 metre barrier again!

If all else fails we can just run at Ben Walker all night.

These are the type of games we lost last year...did alright against the contenders, lost games we were expected to win. Hopefully the next few weeks will put all that to rest. WE MUST WIN! or its over for us.

The worst game for me to have ever supported Manly was a night game @ Brookie in 04, when the Rabbits beat us. Demoralising comes to mind.

BK won't let it happen this time, and a few of our players (espescially Hicks) have lifted.

I remember that game too well. I thought we were doomed for a wooden spoon that night.

Thats the best thing about sport, I was absolutley gutted at a cold & wet Brookie oval that night.

But all was redemmend a few weeks later at NSO. A great afternoon was had with much good hearted banter on the hill between both the the Manly and Souths fans where Manly made the wooden spoon a formality for Souths for 2004.

I wouldn't call running 13th "redeemed"!

Maybe that's the difference between you and I. I have higher standards.

Ancient Hisory. Now we are contenders and have to rise above 8th. This weekend is important for that reason.

2004 was relief, now we need to make our mark if we are to be in the show!!!

My response was in context to those two games, We were having a bad season & if memory serves me that match at NSO was to have a vital outcome on the wooden spoon.

Sometimes you take things way too seriosuly, it was a fun afternoon and enjoyed by all Manly supporters that were on the hill and presumably elsewhere at the ground.

It wasn't enjoyed because we were having a bad season, it was enjoyed because a group of league supporters, both South Sytdney and Manly reaslised that the most important thing to the supporters on that particular afternoon was a win to avoid the spoon, we won, we sang, we rejoiced and we watched our fellow South Sydney supporters wallow in defeat and in the main they accepted that defeat in good grace.

It is ultimatley why my wife & I go to the football, rather than watch it on TV. The fun that you have the ground is far more than you can experience sitting in front of a TV analayzing every move and missed tackle.

It is the way we choose to spend our entertainment dollar, the emphasis being on entertainment. We are entertained by Manly, sometimes in a good way, others in a not so good way. I am not sure of the pleasure that Manly actually brings to your goodself, other than provide an avenue to snipe away at any given individual.

I know you can't attend as many games as you would probably like. So whilst you may have higher standards than me & I am fairly certain that I get more enjoyement & entertainment from our team than you do.

Sometimes you forget it is just a game, something that provides a circuit breaker from the stress of our work lives. Other sget paid to worry about the performance of the team, its not my job. Maybe you see it as yours!

That was the game where Walker was off his head on coke.

Perhaps the supporters were as well?

I am not satisisfied with just a win. I am satisfied with a win and a reasonable expectation of future improvement and victory.

In short I'm only happy when we can grind every team into the dust aka 1996.

When that doesn't happen, there is a peverse satisfaction in dissecting the issues. After, this is a person that listens to the Cure and Depeche Mode to LIFT from depressing episodes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4