Big Trouble Over At The Kennel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate tells me Krisnan Inu tweeted something about Peace In The Middle East and all hell broke loose.

Are footballers banned from having opinions these days?

Saw the tweet

No sure why the outrage - he just wants peace...then again not like some dogs fans to go off over nothing

Dan said:

In a nutshell... yes. Well at least that is what its seems.

Where I work we are restricted as to what we can say on social media in our private lives in case its misinterpreted.

I wouldn't be surprised if the nrl introduces a tough social media policy.

I won't risk walking into this minefield as it will only end up in arguments etc.

I have an opinion on the situation in Gaza however will keep it to myself.

It is time the world stood up, stayed out of the situation but tells Israel to stop being jerks.

Eagles2nv said:
Dan said:

In a nutshell... yes. Well at least that is what its seems.

Where I work we are restricted as to what we can say on social media in our private lives in case its misinterpreted.

I wouldn't be surprised if the nrl introduces a tough social media policy.

I have a specific social media account for work and industry related information. We have a strict social media policy but it extends only to things said about the company or industry. I can express whatever other opinions I like as long as they have nothing to do with or can be related to the company this is why I have a twitter account that is purely for work.

I don't accept friends on Facebook that are clients and straight reject any requests.

However a football player should absolutely be able to express an opinion as long as it is not out right inflammatory, against the law or racist

manlyfan76 said:
Dan said:
I won't risk walking into this minefield as it will only end up in arguments etc.

It is time the world stood up, stayed out of the situation but tells Israel to stop being jerks.

Are you sure you won't tell us your opinion :)

My opinion runs much deeper than the above but I'm not interested in debating it

All it was about was that inu had a photo taken on his wrist tape one of the strapping says "peace in the Middle East"or something, how anyone can see that as negative in anyway says a lot about that persons mental condition

Dan said:
All it was about was that inu had a photo taken on his wrist tape one of the strapping says "peace in the Middle East"or something, how anyone can see that as negative in anyway says a lot about that persons mental condition

That's a pretty lame statement for someone to get excited over.

Dan said:

Yes the Jewish people have had a good run and should not feel threatened in any way.

COMMANDER said:
Dan said:

Yes the Jewish people have had a good run and should not feel threatened in any way.

Sure if you take a completely historic view of things, as I say I don't want to discuss it, it will only head for a ****storm of an argument and debate that had absolutely no place on a footy forum, I am showing huge restraint here, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, nothing I can say especially on this forum will make any difference to the atrocities going on, on both sides over there.

Fact is inu expressed a wish for peace which is naive, though admirable he should not have to answer for that and have any negative comments thrown at him for wanting something like that.

I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure this is a footy site so let's all move on hey?

Hey @Dan quick and timely change of subject, what's to mood like over there re the horrific loss of life from plane wreck?

Nothing wrong with a political opinion, nor expressing it. The more important problem with getting into this stuff is...

(1) People being too lazy to do any research, but rely on mainstream media (or uncle Frank) to feed them their ideas. It's just too hard for people to use their own brains, think and ask questions. Much easier to just trot out the general catchphrase held by the majority, or whatever influential figure is in your life.
(2) Ego stops most people from ever really being open to learning or changing how they see the world. These sorts of "debates" just end up being a shouting match because people, knowingly or otherwise, are more driven to protect their world view rather than learn and grow.

As to Inu, I personally have no problem with his right to express what he did. However, there is a reality of modern professional sports, that we have all bought into, that demands certain compromises to produce an attractive product to the masses.

bob dylan said:
Hey @Dan quick and timely change of subject, what's to mood like over there re the horrific loss of life from plane wreck?

I don't know I only briefly checked that thread and that was it

HK_Eagle said:
Nothing wrong with a political opinion, nor expressing it. The more important problem with getting into this stuff is...

(1) People being too lazy to do any research, but rely on mainstream media (or uncle Frank) to feed them their ideas. It's just too hard for people to use their own brains, think and ask questions. Much easier to just trot out the general catchphrase held by the majority, or whatever influential figure is in your life.
(2) Ego stops most people from ever really being open to learning or changing how they see the world. These sorts of "debates" just end up being a shouting match because people, knowingly or otherwise, are more driven to protect their world view rather than learn and grow.

As to Inu, I personally have no problem with his right to express what he did. However, there is a reality of modern professional sports, that we have all bought into, that demands certain compromises to produce an attractive product to the masses.

Sure there is nothing wrong with those discussions but are they really discussions for a footy forum within a football related site or are they best left for say a general discussion or political discussion forum?

Which is more my point that anything.

This entire thread is going nowhere and fast and as such I'm locking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9