Big Points in This Manly team This Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, I'm looking forward to Round 2. I expect a coherent attack and a no mistake defense and really don't care how many no look passes are thrown because I won't see any of them.
I’m tipping it to be Schu’s quietest game of the season, a real slow and inconsistent start. I hear the drums beating already.

I keep thinking it will be a year of big points for Manly ... both on the ladder, and the scoreboard ... but then I look at our 1st 8 weeks and get nervous ....

If we get through the 1st 8 with our confidence in tact ... onwards and upwards ... Go Manly!

DCE can absolutely manage a game. We've seen him do it at rep level.
The problem at Manly is he tries to do it all himself. If we get enough creativity around him we will see the best of DCE in '23.
I have seen it in a manly shirt also but hes not consistent enough. At his age he should be running the show. If he does just his job the team will flow better rather than trying to do everything.

Whilst we have been a bit quiet on the signings front if we get 22+ games out of Turbo and Schu they are basically new additions to our squad. Sky is the limit.
We saw lots of glimpses of his undoubted ability in 2021, he was virtually playing a half/lock type of role in the forwards from what I saw.

Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai absolutely
Agree.

Keppie - personally think he could be a superstar once he understands game management. Also has to believe in himself - I really like the bloke.

Paseka - the gentle giant needs to explode. Bit like the NFL player that needs to imagine his teammates are his real family and if they are in danger will do anything to protect them. Mind you having Sandra Bulluck as your mum would motivate you anyway.

Aloiai - needs to lead the pack and not get distracted by politics. Was his downfall last year with a supposed senior leadership player getting involved with "Rainbow". Whilst he entitled to his beliefs and not knocking it, he also had a responsibility to the team where young players look up to him. Last year was last year but I think a lot of fans expect a lot of catch up from supporter's viewpoint to be a fan favorite again.

Agree.

Keppie - personally think he could be a superstar once he understands game management. Also has to believe in himself - I really like the bloke.

Paseka - the gentle giant needs to explode. Bit like the NFL player that needs to imagine his teammates are his real family and if they are in danger will do anything to protect them. Mind you having Sandra Bulluck as your mum would motivate you anyway.

Aloiai - needs to lead the pack and not get distracted by politics. Was his downfall last year with a supposed senior leadership player getting involved with "Rainbow". Whilst he entitled to his beliefs and not knocking it, he also had a responsibility to the team where young players look up to him. Last year was last year but I think a lot of fans expect a lot of catch up from supporter's viewpoint to be a fan favorite again.
Some good points there mate, Keppie got a bit of that mongrel. I hope he matures as given size of his extension club believes in him long-term. If he fixes his hands and trying big hits on goalline then he got rep ability.
Paseka i just can't put my finger on this one, my take is just lack of consistency. He is a massive bloke bit needs to push himself more.
Aloiai I be honest not a huge fan and it's not the off field stuff. He very overated for money we have him on, suspensions, injuries and poor form have plagued his time here.
Rest of middles, Sipley imo always plays right to his ability the big fella but his fitness hurts him and have a feelings either Bullemor or Condon may feature as middles as well.

The advantage I see our club having this season is in the coaching and training staff. DESpicable was either stale, misguided or blindly loyal to certain players last season and I'm hopeful that Boldy and Flannel will bring new tactics, energy and spirit into the squad.
We have the players to be nudging top four; getting them to play to their potential is the challenge and our new coaches have the experience, nous and toughness to do what DESpicable couldn't.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4