Big Marty extends

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll use this thread.

Question being. Is Prop still the position Manly need Marty to play?

I am not saying he doesn't play prop well.

He may even be the no 1 off loading prop in the game.

His mobility is his greatest weapon in my eyes.

His greatest moment for mine was that throat cutting test match. I may be wrong, I think he probably wore no 13, but caused devestation on an edge?

Barrett never had Marty firing on an edge, and until 2019 I think Manly probably needed a prop a lot more then Prop needed to be where Marty played.

Next year and Im not convinced DES shouldn't experiment with Marty more.

If Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, and AFB are the battering rams.

Could Marty offer even more devastation on an edge?

I'll use this thread.

His greatest moment for mine was that throat cutting test match. I may be wrong, I think he probably wore no 13, but caused devestation on an edge?

Barrett never had Marty firing on an edge, and until 2019 I think Manly probably needed a prop a lot more then Prop needed to be where Marty played.

Taupau started on the edge at manly for a few games I'm pretty sure before being moved to prop by Barrett if my memory serves me correctly. I'd keep Taupau and AFB in the front row.. they are our biggest strength and are the reason we rolled many teams through the middle this year. Why play with a winning formula?

So does DW stay at 5/8 or move back to centre now hes resigned.
I see him doing a job like Killer did until we have a dedicated no.6 ready. Possibly Schuster as long as he stops growing.

When the Turbo boys are announced ( surely it's a done deal ) our spine is looking awesome.

Tom - DCE - Jake - Manase with AFB and Kapow as the bookends.

If not 2020 then 21 should be a real window.
Jake 5/8?? Tom - DCE - Walker - Manase.........Jake...........AFB..........Kapow!

I'll use this thread.

Just like Sam at Souths. Good luck to the isolated half he is running at 5 meters out from the try line

Her I wouldn’t have thought they’d even spend that!!

Uncle Nick to Toddy “ hey Toddy , we’ve got Ian Schubert on board now so everything is cool, no need to send the inspectors in, No worries says Toddy , that’ll give us more time to try and screw those pricks the Sea Eagles as boy they are looking pretty hot at present, good work says Uncle Nick and going back to back to back to back will be great for your next TV deal won’t it so we need to protect my Roosters, yeah perfect says Toddy, now what’s the name of that new Manly CEO again!!!
Luckily for Schubert they saved his foot (in particular his toes). Would’ve struggled to keep count of the Roosters cap. Back to an even 20 mil now.

Caps are a joke but they do offer a fun way to pass the time in getting around them.

First of all "Total Football Spend doesn't directly translate to success" and secondly if you need some big player purchases you could probably creatively redirect money from the Football Department to players pockets in a number of "indirect" ways even if it means reducing football staff numbers short term.

Jake 5/8?? Tom - DCE - Walker - Manase.........Jake...........AFB..........Kapow!
No jake not at 5/8.

Popular wisdom defines the spine to be 3 or maybe 4 world class players from fullback to prop.

We have that number without Walker and I wouldnt count him as a 5/8 yet. He has a lot to learn in that position to even be considered part of the spine.

Just pay Dessie massive overs and let him spread the love off the books to the players he feels deserve it.

I've said this before and while I'm guessing your comment is somewhat tong in cheek what's stopping this? Its probably already happening to be fair...

A coach would only have to have a special relationship with a few players for this to work a treat.

Look at Bellamy and scam. They seem to have an unwavering bond. Wouldnt be surprised if the dally m coach of the century( jokes) doesn't slip cam a few hundred k to top up the deal... untraceable for a top top coach as you could pay them any amount over....

No jake not at 5/8.

Popular wisdom defines the spine to be 3 or maybe 4 world class players from fullback to prop.

We have that number without Walker and I wouldnt count him as a 5/8 yet. He has a lot to learn in that position to even be considered part of the spine.
According to definition "including the two half backs and fullback, hooker is one of the four key positions that make up what is sometimes called a team's 'spine'.
Jake is a prop / lock....not a 5/8.

I've said this before and while I'm guessing your comment is somewhat tong in cheek what's stopping this? Its probably already happening to be fair...

A coach would only have to have a special relationship with a few players for this to work a treat.

Look at Bellamy and scam. They seem to have an unwavering bond. Wouldnt be surprised if the dally m coach of the century( jokes) doesn't slip cam a few hundred k to top up the deal... untraceable for a top top coach as you could pay them any amount over....
Des is too tight to trust with spreading the love so this option is off the cards.

According to definition "including the two half backs and fullback, hooker is one of the four key positions that make up what is sometimes called a team's 'spine'.
Jake is a prop / lock....not a 5/8.
That's what I said. I never listed Jake as 5/8 in the first place. Hes a lock or prop....

upload_2019-10-7_5-35-13.jpeg

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4