• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I took five girls to the game - 13 yr olds before anyone gets excited. They had a great time and are now firmly converted to the Manly side of the force except for the one Rooster supporter!!!

Best part of the night was scoring in the Macdonalds five minutes and them scouring the hills for tickets (cause they all had passes) and then finding enough for one each.

A quick stop at Beacon Hill Maccas on the way home had four very contented girls!!! Great night and a good atmosphere on the hill.

This is my Nark call for the day!

It's all well and good but such promotions only worsen the problem that Junk food like mac macs offers to the youth of today.

A 5 minute period in which, if Manly score, everyone wins a free Big Mac. I was only at the Raider's game, in which there was a try in their designated period, but, from reports above, there was also one at the Rooster's game and from what I heard on the TV at the Sharks game ("Good news from McDonalds..." so I presumed it was another one) there could have been another free Big Mac for everyone. Can anyone verify this?

And, I'm just going from memory of almost a month ago, but was it only Big Macs? Or any McDonald's burger?

Maccas must have some sponsoring arrangemet. If Manly score a try or goal during an alloteed time period anyone holding a ticket for that game can get a free Big Mac for the next week in exchnage for the ticket. Generally there is 2 time blocks during the match.

A good promotion I think, there was a heap of talk about it amongst the supporters where I was sitting. Plus adds value to the $22 cost of the entry

Goldman tells the crowd a 5 min period once or twice during the game, if a point is scored during then mac macs are on offer.

CW did you lose one of the girls at some stage of the night, or does 1 just hate Mcdonald's ? :D
It was five girls - my error. They say that 30 % of pepul cant spel, 40 % can't write proper and the other 40% can't add up!!!!! :blaugh:

[quote author=Utility Player]
CW did you lose one of the girls at some stage of the night, or does 1 just hate Mcdonald's ? :D
It was five girls - my error. They say that 30 % of pepul cant spel, 40 % can't write proper and the other 40% can't add up!!!!! :blaugh:
[/quote]

When you doing a gig in brisbane??

I took five girls to the game - 13 yr olds before anyone gets excited. They had a great time and are now firmly converted to the Manly side of the force except for the one Rooster supporter!!!

Best part of the night was scoring in the Macdonalds five minutes and them scouring the hills for tickets (cause they all had passes) and then finding enough for one each.

A quick stop at Beacon Hill Maccas on the way home had four very contented girls!!! Great night and a good atmosphere on the hill.
Theres names for blokes who do that :p :p (JUST JOKES MATE)

Personally I try and tune out when Grant Goldman gets behind the microphone.

Hate to be a sceptic , but I was surprised by the official crowd figure of 17k on Saturday night. Looked more like 12-14k to me.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2