BIG LEAGUE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Just read at MSE, that Big League has stated Manly has signed Sideshow for next year. With Orford tied up, not a bad signing in my opinion. Is stronger in defence, and under the high ball than Donald. Not as much pace though, but I would give that away for good defence, and a player that runs forwards rather than sidewards.

Agree Ryan, and it would be only fair to add an Eel to the roster after ditching another. Sideshow can also break the line unlike Donald.

I hope its true thats 2 good sigings in 2 days.

Now all we need is a forward or two

Donald DOES have his great points too. I will miss him as a player. On his day, he is very exciting to watch. When Mad Pup was here, Donald used to get great ball. Usually above his head, but he used to take them with ease. He was the leading try scorer at this club, and near top the NRL.

I'll miss ya big fella.

But, times move on, and Stuey, I wouldn't be dissapointed. Sideshow has a mixture of finesse & power. Could be a real goer outside Bell. Look at how good Geyer looks outside of him. That's a positive point about Bell I think a lot of us miss.

Sideshow would excel outside him. It takes a long time to get over a leg break though.

Ryan, Cisse who plays for Liverpool broke both bones in his leg in November last year, they were initially talking amputation it was that bad, then played in the Champions League final last month. 6 months from talk of amputation to playing at top level again.

I am sure after matabeles latest he could tell us all about recovering from broken legs :D :blaugh:

How much would peterson cost??

Would it be better to have taylor on the cheap and get some better depth in PL?

clontago - that sounds horrible dude...Jeez...amputation. You run futher in soccer than any other sport apparently. They say AFL is close behind.

Did they show the coverage of Nathan Brown's (AFL) leg up there when he broke it about a month ago. Another player tried to smother a kick and landed on his leg, both bones snapped and the lower half of his leg was facing the opposite to the top. It was pretty horrible to look at.

Did they show the coverage of Nathan Brown's (AFL) leg up there when he broke it about a month ago. Another player tried to smother a kick and landed on his leg, both bones snapped and the lower half of his leg was facing the opposite to the top. It was pretty horrible to look at.

Yeah I saw it on the late news after the game, but I think they stopped showing it later because of the horrendous nature of it. Terrible break that one, definately the worst i've seen.

Yeah Nathan Brown from my Tiger's was shocking.Poor bastard he was hitting some form as well.Very nasty both of them.

That one of Brown looked filthy.
The worst I've seen was on that Medico doco thing hosted by Georgie Parker at 8pm on Mon/Tues (I think) that shows heaps of gory stuff.
This guy dislocated his ankle and it was fair dinkum at right angles to his leg- I nearly threw up!

The worst I have seen was at a local club game out near Penrith. One the guys broke his leg and the bone came through the skin just above his ankle. It was deadset the worst thing i have ever seen.

Hoppa copped a very badly broken leg against the Eels in 2003. It took him a long time to come back in 2004 including his being sent to the wilderness by Des to get fit.

Depends how bad the break is to what period the recuperation may take. I am sure that Medical staff would have a good look at his injury before signing him up.

[quote author=clontaago]

Yeah I saw it on the late news after the game, but I think they stopped showing it later because of the horrendous nature of it. Terrible break that one, definately the worst i've seen.
[/quote]

heard that a women watching it on the news fainted and fell over and smashed her head. made me feel sick when I saw it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4