Big day today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The top 8 berth for us can effectively be sealed today, although it wouldn't be mathematically

If the Dragons beat Canberra and the Tigers beat the Eels, we have a 4 point gap back to 9th spot, with 100 in the bank over them points differential wise. I understand Souths are there as well but they are shot ducks

Either result for us in that Eels game is ok though I feel

Yep if Tigers win I think we are home and hosed as far as making the top 8. However I still feel we need a top 4 spot to secure the home semi, in which case it'd be nice if the Tigers and Titans lost. That way Titans, Tigers and Roosters are all on 30 points with lower points differential than us. If beat the Roosters and Bulldogs we end up on same points as Roosters, and Tigers play Titans last round so we will end up on same points as one of those two as well, meaning we could sneak 4th spot. 

I say all or nothing, we can't win it if we aren't in the top 4. So we want Easts to beat GC and Parra to beat Tigers. That way theose three are one win ahead of us with inferior points diff. We then need to win both remaining games, in doing so leapfrog Easts and hope Tigers & or GC lose one more. Then we are in the top 4.

If Tigers and GC both win, top 4  is gone.

If we play like last night then the Rorters will walk over us. Injuries have cruelled any chance we had this year. Wolf, Stewy, Lyon, Watmough obviously playing injured, Perry, Rodney, Farrar.

We actually need the teams bellow us to win so we can get into higher then 8th, No point getting in the 8 if we have to play the Dragons in the first week of the finals. Of course this means we will have to will our last two games!!!

I also agree you mickqld, with our injury's our chances of a premiership are very slim.

Ant80 link said:
I think if the Raiders and Eels win today, the Broncos are out of the eight
Dragons 1
Titans & Panthers will finish 2 or/& 3
tigers have Storm and Titans, possible for them to lose both
Roosters have Us and Cows
we will finish 5th or 6th imo

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=184795.msg286618#msg286618 date=1282441659]
I think if the Raiders and Eels win today, the Broncos are out of the eight
Dragons 1
Titans & Panthers will finish 2 or/& 3
tigers have Storm and Titans, possible for them to lose both
Roosters have Us and Cows
we will finish 5th or 6th imo
[/quote]

5th or 6th could work out ok i guess.

Well Parra look gone now

Luke Burt seems a good decent bloke and clubman so I felt a bit there for him at the end today

As long as we win all I care about I'd the eels and knights losing

We now can't get past St Choke, Penriff or Tigers. Our only chance for top 4 is for  Easts to beat GC tomorrow night, then we beat Easts next weekend and Canterbury the final round. We then need GC to lose to either Cronulla next week (unlikely) or Tigers in final round.

I know I'm clutching at straws, but it is doable. If GC win tomorrow night, best we can finish is 5th.

Losing both to the Tits has killed our top 4 hopes. Dropping a game to Canberra at Brookie was inexcusable as well. I'd take 5th for sure. You've picked it again Zaphod.

Ralphie link said:
We now can't get past St Choke, Penriff or Tigers. Our only chance for top 4 is for  Easts to beat GC tomorrow night, then we beat Easts next weekend and Canterbury the final round. We then need GC to lose to either Cronulla next week (unlikely) or Tigers in final round.

I know I'm clutching at straws, but it is doable. If GC win tomorrow night, best we can finish is 5th.

Hey Ralphie, can you explain how it is that we can't get past the Tigers? They are 4 points ahead of us with 32 less in for & against and play Storm at home and Titans away. Who knows what resistance Storm will provide but two losses for the Tigers and two wins for us is hardly unbelievable although obviously the Rorters are a more achievable target.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=184795.msg286696#msg286696 date=1282465209]
We now can't get past St Choke, Penriff or Tigers. Our only chance for top 4 is for  Easts to beat GC tomorrow night, then we beat Easts next weekend and Canterbury the final round. We then need GC to lose to either Cronulla next week (unlikely) or Tigers in final round.

Hey Ralphie, can you explain how it is that we can't get past the Tigers? They are 4 points ahead of us with 32 less in for & against and play Storm at home and Titans away. Who knows what resistance Storm will provide but two losses for the Tigers and two wins for us is hardly unbelievable although obviously the Rorters are a more achievable target.
[/quote]

Fair call, but I think it is unlikely that they will lose both games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4