Big big Apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Always thought we could make the 8 but do each year. However, I was calling for that red headed flash of white in the three quarter line to be hung drawn and quartered early on. Also sunk the boot into Walker hard. Red is fast becoming one of my fav players in the side!

I never doubted Des i knew he would take us back to glory, at the dogs he had a crap team with no x factor. This year they are 15th..... thank you Des for restoring the universe back to normal ;)

I tipped us to come 6th at start of year.. lets hope we can steal someones spot in the top 4. Next sunday will be interesting the top 4 sides play against each other which is good for us. Oh and we have the Worriers hahaha Kearney is going to be kicking many a towel after turbo has the game of the year after a quiet one today.. no issac lukes either ;) and most probably no nikorima not that hes good

I was confident a bottom of the eight result was always attainable as long as Des got the best out of our front row to win yardage, offer punch and offloads which would provide space out wide for inexperienced centres to still shine, that didn't require too much structure or skillful ballplaying to score points from---well that was my hope for the first half of the season to stay in contention and grind away.(i was worried about injuries and depth in the centres may force Turbo to fill in occasionally or play more like a roaming center)

Des has impressed me greatly in how quickly he has been able to drill in good structures in defence and attack to be a top 4 contender.

To me the final piece of the puzzle for this year is having Walker at 5/8, Manly lacked attacking spark and class out wide to go up another level, just making up the numbers in the top 8 to be a team that can grind away a win is all i could see until Walker shifted to 5/8..

Relying on Tom to potentially be the X-Factor out wide in the big games is not really his bread and butter at the moment so Manly needed someone else to step up.

Walker offers that X-Factor and an under appreciated all round game that is coming out more with confidence in a less pressure environment behind a stable squad with good structure.

Last edited:
Walkers 5/8 experiment at Souths under Maguire and under Trent was ordinary but it seams Des has him playing quality footy in the 5/8 position . I am now starting to believe that Walker can excel at 5/8 as he did in the centres

I thought our backline was the worst in the comp at the start of the year. I knew our forwards were good but our backs .... Garrick, Suli, Elliott and Jorge getting on.

Humble pie is a dish best served after a sausage roll.

I was confident a bottom of the eight result was always attainable as long as Des got the best out of our front row to win yardage, offer punch and offloads which would provide space out wide for inexperienced centres to still shine, that didn't require too much structure or skillful ballplaying to score points from---well that was my hope for the first half of the season to stay in contention and grind away.(i was worried about injuries and depth in the centres may force Turbo to fill in occasionally or play more like a roaming center)

Des has impressed me greatly in how quickly he was been able to drill in good structures in defence and attack to be a top 4 contender.

To me the final piece of the puzzle for this year is having Walker at 5/8, Manly lacked attacking spark and class out wide to go up another level, just making up the numbers in the top 8 to be a team that can grind away a win is all i could see until Walker shifted to 5/8..

Relying on Tom to potentially be the X-Factor out wide in the big games is not really his bread and butter at the moment so Manly needed someone else to step up.

Walker offers that X-Factor and an under appreciated all round game that is coming out more with confidence in a less pressure environment behind a stable squad with good structure.

Siht, that’s a massive turnaround TC. I was under the impression that you rated us a lazy, unstructured, fragile steaming pile of turd. But thanks for owning up to your errors and getting on board the Manly train.

Siht, that’s a massive turnaround TC. I was under the impression that you rated us a lazy, unstructured, fragile steaming pile of turd. But thanks for owning up to your errors and getting on board the Manly train.

I wasn’t quite that bad but did have us running 10-12.

Very happy to eat as much humble pie as everyone wants to throw!!

Loving the ride, feel like the Manly of old is back!!

I wasn’t quite that bad but did have us running 10-12.

Very happy to eat as much humble pie as everyone wants to throw!!

Loving the ride, feel like the Manly of old is back!!

Mate, you’re a beauty, wear Manly on your sleeve regardless how we are going. I just find it amusing that a (very) few that pump themselves up as experts, that I dare say have never stepped foot on a footy field, pour crap on the the team at every opportunity and then desperately try to grab on to the coat-tails of the team’s success. Because you know, players like Fainu are lazy, inexperienced numpties.

@Fluffy has been awfully quiet... except for saying that Dete$table ain’t Manly and anything less than SuperCoach’s 2017 effort is a fail.

We all get it wrong on here from time to time. (Brad Parker is testament of this fact.) But what Dessie boy has managed to achieve thus far should be celebrated long and hard by all of us.

2011 was eight long years ago. The year Des delivered our last premiership.

Dessie’s back... back again!

I must admit I have also under estimated the effect Des has had on this team. I had picked them for 10th to 6th depending on injuries. Well injuries occurred to significant players yet Manly are sitting equal 4th and probably fifth by tomorrow and two points from 2nd. An astonishing result to date. Des is truly one of the three best coaches in the comp and I suspect, given Melbourne's TPA arrangement, probably the best. I am astonished by just how different this team is to 2018. Des is truly a great rugby league coach, probably one of the all time best., if not the best

I must admit I have also under estimated the effect Des has had on this team. I had picked them for 10th to 6th depending on injuries. Well injuries occurred to significant players yet Manly are sitting equal 4th and probably fifth by tomorrow and two points from 2nd. An astonishing result to date. Des is truly one of the three best coaches in the comp and I suspect, given Melbourne's TPA arrangement, probably the best. I am astonished by just how different this team is to 2018. Des is truly a great rugby league coach, probably one of the all time best., if not the best
Manly's Cap is still 350k less this year due to the previous TPA mess :wait:

Imagine if Turbo the Invincible had played 10 more games and if Chez had played 5 more this Season :rock:

giphy.gif

Had them around tenth to twelfth.In a game where speed is a weapon our backline looked pedestrian at best. In speed terms we were not even close to the best sides and still aren’t.Three years of Barrett had just conditioned me to expect mediocrity from a list that on paper had talent.

Answer to problem? redefined the way you play the game.

Big mobile powerful forwards with offloading ability playing direct though the middle third, a hooker with spiders on him with a tall blonde beanpole running riot off his hip and speedy spread plays to the edges once the opposition has to narrow their defensive line to contain the power play and TT in the middle.Suli running 30 metres without being touched off the back of these spreads simply because there are no troops to deal with him as they obsess with TT Fainu Marty and AFB in the middle.

Throw in the Australian half back ,two powerful 5/8s , one of those 5/8s with 13 on his back and the best two tough line edge runners in the game and you have a team that plays a brand of footy so different to the herd that they must require so much more attention in game week than any other.

Come on down Des Hasler. You are a genius.As the egg dries on my face the smile gets bigger.

Last edited:
I on the other hand predict a top 8 spot ... and further said that anything less than 6th would be a fail for Hasler and his team .... and was bagged for it .....

Not only has Hasler surpassed my expectation ... but he and his team have done brilliantly ....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8