Betting market on more $100k fines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
Manly got fined for not tucking their players in bed after their function finished at 3pm, with some players independently drinking on.

Now we have two coaches calling their players to a drinking session and not tucking them into bed, resulting in "behaviour issues".  One had known alcohol issues associated with a long-term suspension from the NRL and the other, a mere 19 year old kid, ended up caught by Police driving at more than 3 times the legal limit.

What's the betting market?  Will Gallop be consistent with his knee-jerk $100k fines?

And speaking of double standards, Brett Seymour has now reportedly been exonerated by Cronulla!! Nick Politis and Barry Pierce, the respective leaders of Roosters and Sharks are both on the NRL board which supported Gallop's decision to ban Stewart for four weeks solely for being drunk at a Manly function.  Except those facts are disputed.  Stewart says he was sober and not refused bar service at the Manly function and became inebriated later that night. And whilst it seems the Sharks and Roosters top men think it is good to suspend Stewart for four weeks, when their own players are guilty of worse (given prior history and DUI charges) they decide their own players should not follow the same standards, and should be free to continue playing!  Believe it or not.

I so hope someone comes forward with mobile phone footage of Seymour urinating on himself as is alleged. 

Matabele link said:
I so hope someone comes forward with mobile phone footage of Seymour urinating on himself as is alleged. 
Lying drunk in a flower bed would do.

I see the NRL are hiding behind semantics.  It is a case of Stewart being drunk at an "official" function whereas Seymour is legless in a bar with Joe Public.

Key word being official.

So the lesson here kiddies, is don't piss off the suits, but it's fine if you throw food at and urinate on the mug punter that is the lifeblood of the game.  

However that only applies to the fine.

If these 2 are not stood down for 4 weeks, Brett's injunction may be heard, and he may be on the field for us this weekend

Excellent news if correct.  Maybe that's why he's been running with the squad at training.  Brett should never have been off the field.  A loss to the Dogs was the result.  He would have scored a couple in the first ten minutes and cut down a few more of theres.  I just detest Gallop and hope that, whilst he was in Canberra talking to the Feds, he propositioned them for a job.  Just go Gallop!   

The NRL has a lot problems as I see it that need sorting fast

David gallop
Lack of consistence from the judiciary
The poor example the Footy show sets for young players
Clubs being run by old boys clubs and not professional business people
Old players from another time and error being mentors for some of these guys
The conflict of interest that happens with News owning the NRL and certain clubs as well as newspapers.

I can't see any of those things changing as quickly as they need to.

missing_something link said:
The poor example the Footy show sets for young players
  I have been thinking the same thing since Fatty's stupidity last Thursday.  RL is constantly aggrieved that idiots from the other codes (particularly Union) don't get the level of media attention and hysteria when they play up.

I reckon at least a part of that is because the Footy Show breeds a societal opinion that RL players are a bunch of idiotic buffoons, so when they play up they are being true to type.

I reckon tif there was an attempt to start a same-styled Footy Show for Union:

a) noone would watch it as Union is only watched by toffs.
b)  The ARU would shut it down quick smart.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4