Better Starts from Outside Backs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
A lot has been said of how we are getting beaten in the forwards, and I agree, we are struggling to contain other teams, or make good metres. But I think what's been a bit overlooked is how we haven't been getting off to good starts to the set.

Most sides you see nowadays get the ball rolling quickly in tackles 1 and 2. But unfortunately Taufau has been running sideways (and is carrying an injury) and Hiku is running up to the line and crouching and getting smashed back. And Snake has never been one that bolts back quickly at the defensive line. This is where to me we need that initial thrust and to me that's Blair, he's built like a backrower, and Gutho seems to be able to find a hole, and is surprisingly big.

Now Matai, no change needed. Killer is trying but we need a little more from him as well.

To me we always seem on the back foot from early in the sets, and then the forwards are exhausted as they have to run back into their 20. And then get smashed. Then plod up field and try and tackle.

Yep I'm captain obvious!

We have only scored 24 points plus in 2 out of the last 8 games.

Our attack has not been what it should, our halves must control things better!

I actually thought our forwards tried hard against the Bunnies (although conceding a penalty in our first defensive set made them a little gun-shy in the play the ball) and that the backs, with the exception of Matai, were awful. They ran around and through us at will. So yeah, improvement would be nice:)

Been saying it all week.We need speed out wide. Guth and Blair to wings Hiku to bench as utility Jorge out.

Surely jorge cant play on the wing this week. Either put him on the bench and chuck him out there as an impact forward or drop him all together. Blair and Gutherson can slug it out at training for the wing spot

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6