best team/ Dessi

slickster71

Reserve Grader
This year has showed the sort of coach dessi has been for us since he took over as 1st grade coach. Since 2005 we have not missed a semi final and have been in 2 grand finals and won the 2008. We are in a very strong position to enter another final spot. Could it be round 3 Melbourne V manly.
He should be out life time coach. He gets the best out of players.

With the hard work over the last few years with the youth comp. We have seen players come through and now are the work of our 1st Grade team. Injuries no longer worry us as we have enough depth to cover any position out there.

My best side would be

1- Stewart
2- Robertson
3- Lyon
4- Mati
5- Hoppa/Williams/Oldfield
6- Foran
7- DCE
8- King
9- Ballin
10- Kite
11- Watmough
12- Joe G
13- Stewart

Reserves

Buhrer
Rose
Rodney
T-rex/V Mauro/ T.Robinson

Give me your views.

GO MANLY

I think T Rex will be in the starting side when (if) he is fit, Joe goes well off the bench.

Otherwise i think thats pretty much our best squad.

i'd say wolfman one wing, hoppa the other is our strongest option...
sorry robbo, still love ya tho!

leave robbo in,hoppa (to cover basically all outside back positions)on bench with rodney,rose,buerher and rex next in line.

At full strength with everyone fit and firing my side would be:

1- Stewart
2- Robertson / D. Williams (really have no idea how to split them)
3- Lyon
4- Matai
5- Hopoate
6- Foran
7- Cherry-Evans
8- King
9- Ballin
10- Kite
11- Watmough
12- Rodney
13- Stewart

Reserves

14- Buhrer
15- Rose
16- Galuvao (as part of the front row rotation)
17- T. Williams

mcatt said:
At full strength with everyone fit and firing my side would be:

1- Stewart
2- Robertson / D. Williams (really have no idea how to split them)
3- Lyon
4- Matai
5- Hopoate
6- Foran
7- Cherry-Evans
8- King
9- Ballin
10- Kite
11- Watmough
12- Rodney
13- Stewart

Reserves

14- Buhrer
15- Rose
16- Galuvao (as part of the front row rotation)
17- T. Williams

That's it imo.
The way you split Robbo and Wolfman is that Robbo never makes mistakes. He's incredibly reliable, so why would you even consider replacing him?
Wolfman and Oldfield are terrific, but still have some defensive issues occasionally and handling mistakes.

Robbo once again showed yesterday why he should always be the first winger picked. Can you imagine him putting down a ball like the one that Wolfie managed, that eventuated in an 8/10 point turnaround?

If Hoppa is considered a winger, then you're dreaming if he's not the first winger picked.

Guys, I think Hoppa may have to be a bench strike player if all wingers are available.

I mean, Williams and robbo are locks. Proven grand final heroes in exceptional form.

Hoppa and T Williams will be outstanding from the bench. Put egos at the door, that simply is the optimal team!.

NYEagle

I don't think you can afford to have Hoppa on the bench, serves no real purpose. T-Rex has that final bench spot sewn up as he provides coverage for both forwards and outside backs.

Only real argument when deciding our strongest side is who are the wingers. Robbo safe as a bank and rarely makes a mistake, good positional play, can provide coverage for fullback. Wolfman provides more impact on kick return and probably does a bit more out of dummy half, defense is more suspect though. Hoppa gives us some x-factor and provides us with seamless coverage for fullback and centre. Personally I'd go Robbo and Hoppa.

Im switching sides,Robbo and Hopoate,any other winger would have scored a triple yesterday,well,maybe not Oldfield but any other

i think its a nice headache for des

Alot of people on here underrate Wolfie, he a may of had a howler dropping the ball with the line wide open on sunday but no fullback or winger in our club returns kicks as strong as he does, he always looks likely to bust the first line of defense.

Don't be surprised if Des uses hoppa at fullback for a few games and either rests Stewie for a game or two in months time to having him fresh and fit for the finals.

fingers crossed we are only a week or 2 away from having our whole roster available hopefully we keep win and des will get a chance to rest and rotate a few people.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2