Best player tonight a rookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t know what’s going on in the back ground but what I can see is:

1.Disorganisation in attack and defence
2. Sliding defence, poor reads and individual players racing up out if the line missing
3. Can’t see any Conradorary out there
4. They are not putting in for the coach
5. Coach continually making poor selections rewarding mediocracy.
6. Coach ignoring young talent - early season interview DCE was talking up Hoppa and we sign up Schuster to keep him from the Roosters and don’t play him,
7. Game plan either not followed or ****e.
8. We do look like Canterbury did when Des was coach and I hate it.
9. What is Des’s vision and long term plan. Can’t see any evidence of any progressive thinking.
10. Tear that old V8 engine down and rebuild that baby with serious high quality parts and then hear it roar and watch it fly.
The season is over time for a rebuild.

Conrad Orary was definitely missing in action

1) Haumole Olakau'atu
2) Tevita Funa
3) Moses Suli
Marty and Addin were great before we lost them ... and Jake gave his usual 110% ....

Jorge and Elliot are way past their use-by dates and Levi & Croker are not Manly first grade quality ... imho

I don’t know what’s going on in the back ground but what I can see is:

1.Disorganisation in attack and defence
2. Sliding defence, poor reads and individual players racing up out if the line missing
3. Can’t see any Conradorary out there
4. They are not putting in for the coach
5. Coach continually making poor selections rewarding mediocracy.
6. Coach ignoring young talent - early season interview DCE was talking up Hoppa and we sign up Schuster to keep him from the Roosters and don’t play him,
7. Game plan either not followed or ****e.
8. We do look like Canterbury did when Des was coach and I hate it.
9. What is Des’s vision and long term plan. Can’t see any evidence of any progressive thinking.
10. Tear that old V8 engine down and rebuild that baby with serious high quality parts and then hear it roar and watch it fly.
The season is over time for a rebuild.
And add twin turbos.

1) Haumole Olakau'atu
2) Tevita Funa
3) Moses Suli
Marty and Addin were great before we lost them ... and Jake gave his usual 110% ....

Jorge and Elliot are way past their use-by dates and Levi & Croker are not Manly first grade quality ... imho

Jake's numbers last night unfortunately go a ways to hiding a much bigger issue. The fact is that, especially when we are attacking the oppositions line, on the 4th tackle when the ball should be getting out to the edges ... Jake is at first receiver either taking a hit up or being slow to pass and that does nothing more than get in the way and/or wastes a tackle. I don't mind him doing that when we're running the ball out of defence, or in the middle 3rd of the field when metres need to be made. But when we are attacking their line he should stay the hell out of it and let DCE and Cust get the bloody ball.

I said it last night, I'll say it again now. Jake is playing like how Aiden Tolman (and James Graham) played at the Dogs when Des was at Belmore. There seems to be an over-reliance on ball playing forwards being at first receiver, even at critical times when the halves should be the first ones to touch it every time, and its literally making our attack slow and often clunky as hell.

Last edited:
Just to make a comparison ... take a look at how Manly are when we have a forward, usually Jake, playing first receiver when attacking an opponents line.

Then take a look at the Chooks and try to spot the difference. Do you ever see Boyd Cordner or another forward at first receiver? Not unless the defence is in such disarray that they know they can stroll or barge over. No, most times late in the tackle count its either Keary or whoever their halfback is who is getting the ball at first receiver. The middle forwards usually stay the hell out of their halves way. And low and behold, a lot of times the ball gets out wide and they score.

With the way we are playing, our halves are two passes off the ruck. By the time it gets to them, if it even does, they have defence swarming all over them, as do their outside and inside supports. And when they do nothing with the ball because there is very little they can do ... its them, especially DCE, who cops he brunt of the criticism.

The reality is that unless they are the one actually playing the ball, our halves should be the ones at first receiver in our attacking half later in tackle counts. Not a forward who is either slow to pass or wastes a tackle with a nothing hit up.

And you know something? That isn't all down to Jake or another forward getting in the way. Our halves should be making sure that they are at first receiver.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8