Best individual performance pre turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember a one-off performance by occasional First Grader Rick Chisholm who scored all of Manly's points (I think it was 14 or 16) in a win over Cronulla at Brookie. Watching him I thought he was going to be a world-beater; a cross between Johnny Gibbs and Phil Blake, but I understand that some off-field issues cruelled his football career.
That's the one that always sticks in my memory. I was trying to find footage of that match but there doesn't seem to be any.

Phil Blake and Eadie for sure. But for consistently being the dominant presence in games or seasons, Bozo is still the man. However another season or 2 similar to last year and Turbo will be right up there with him, and potentially surpass him but that is a fair way off just yet.

Phil Blake and Eadie for sure. But for consistently being the dominant presence in games or seasons, Bozo is still the man.
Let me just clarify a few things feathered friend SR8 ....

Phil Blake was Phenomenal at his best for us

The Wombat is our most Decorated Number one by a country mile having stamped his number one Authority in 4 / FOUR / 4 / FOUR / 4 / FOUR !!!! premiership winning performances
Closely Followed by the Sensational Snake with his amazing contribution of 2 Great Premierships

And last but not least ...
Robert Fulton is not just The a Man . Nor just an Immortal . He is The INCOMPARABLE IMMORTAL

Rise In Glory
Bob Fulton :h:
1642303400179.png

I thought about this question a little longer and many Manly players including Phil Blake came to mind...but in actual fact , none were near as dominant as Tom Turbo in 2021.
Then thinking outside the square the 2 closest I could think of are from "other teams"
1 would be the season Jarrod Hayne was almost unstoppable and single handedly converted the Eels from an average side into a Grand Final team, but was more a handful of games back end of season.
The other was Ben Barba who was electric at FB for those dirty Dogs and had a season carving up almost every team in the NRL.
Funny that both teams fell short in the GF against Storm, who seem to have a habit of shutting down opposition Superstars like no other.
Still reckon Tom in 2021 was the Best, but those 2 deserve a mention based on those 2 seasons...thing is Tom has the ability and potential to do it his entire career and they were more just that season.

Last edited:
I thought about this question a little longer and many Manly players including Phil Blake came to mind...but in actual fact , none were near as dominant as Tom Turbo in 2021.
Then thinking outside the square the 2 closest I could think of are from "other teams"
1 would be the season Jarrod Hayne was almost unstoppable and single handedly converted the Eels from an average side into a Grand Final team, but was more a handful of games back end of season.
The other was Ben Barba who was electric at FB for those dirty Dogs and had a season carving up almost every team in the NRL.
Funny that both teams fell short in the GF against Storm, who seem to have a habit of shutting down opposition Superstars like no other.
Still reckon Tom in 2022 was the Best, but those 2 deserve a mention based on those 2 seasons...thing is Tom has the ability and potential to do it his entire career and they were more just that season.
Hoping that's where the commonality between Hayne, Barba and Turbo ends @maxta :think:
Look where those flogs are today. :banghead:
If Turbo maintains his form from last year he has the opportunity to reach Bozo-like status one day.
He is a long way off that right now. :cool:

Still reckon Tom in 2022 was the Best, but those 2 deserve a mention based on those 2 seasons...thing is Tom has the ability and potential to do it his entire career and they were more just that season.
Benchmark Perspective

When only the very best will do :)

The most dominant performers are the ones that dominate the biggest and best teams and the best games of the year the Grand finals and win them

Greatness Perspective
Greatness is not thrashing bottom 8 teams by 50
Greatness is winning against the very Best and Winning the Grand final

neil tierney played a game for us against the bonkos that was superhuman almost

man v kids.

neil tierney played a game for us against the bonkos that was superhuman almost

man v kids.
Really good success story with [Neil ] Tienney "s much improved footy form with Manly and under Bozo , when he spent a few seasons there . One of the really talented ball playing props at the time and good solid forward all round when at his best and again pleasing that he produced it at Manly .

I remember a one-off performance by occasional First Grader Rick Chisholm who scored all of Manly's points (I think it was 14 or 16) in a win over Cronulla at Brookie. Watching him I thought he was going to be a world-beater; a cross between Johnny Gibbs and Phil Blake, but I understand that some off-field issues cruelled his football career.
1980 - It was Chisholm 17 d Cronulla 14

There a series of games in 78 when frog eyes was seen as the most dynamic attacking player in the comp

yeah he carved up a final series from very vague memory. good call
Having a block busting full back in Wombat and to a lesser extent , a centre partner in Stephen Knight certainly helped but for sure Frogs Eyes was dynamic in that final's series . Rewarded with a kangaroo tour that year , a fitting recognition for his excellent form . One runaway try by Gartner against the Eels in that series replay knock out was crucial and really started to swing things Manly 's way then .

There a series of games in 78 when frog eyes was seen as the most dynamic attacking player in the comp
You must remember our Great grand final win against the sharks in 78

Our Magnificent Grand final centre pairing was

Big Blockbusting Steven Knight and Brilliant Blistering Rus Gartner

You also must remember this try

Manly scrum win 40 metres out of our try line

From the scrum the ball goes across field from Martin out to Thompson then to Eadie
Eadie to a rampaging Steven Knight who breaks the line and gives the ball to a flying Gartner who blitzes the defence and goes in for a great Manly try untouched

The 1976 Manly Benchmark Premiership Winning Players
Living up to our Legendary Clubs Greatness as the Greatest club of all
1642627365978.png

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4