Best individual performance pre turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bozo was one of the original four immortals. There are so many moments from his amazing career that surpass Turbo's achievements to date. Here are just some of them.

I can't pick one player.
I have seen Bozo & Wombat from the 70's up to Turbo. Plenty of players in-between including Cliffy, Beaver, Ridge & Toovey.

It's hard enough for me to pick an all stars team with the players I have seen since the early 70's let alone a best individual performance.

Brett Stewart has had a few games that had Massive attacking and defensive plays to get Manly over the line.
Cliffy as shown - Won plenty on his own....1 final vs Sharks we were down really stands out....
Snoz O'Connor had a few of those performances as has Watmough at 1 point was known as the 1 man wrecking ball for good reason.
But there's only 1 Tom T and the scary part....he is still young and has much more to come, the big question- can he get even better ??? Hard to imagine, but proved in 2022....anything is possible

Lots of parts go towards a win.

But Cliffy was just a magician who at the top of his game, was not mortal. His art of deception on a footy field, no one today comes close.

That his legend also includes a pack and a half at half time, a meat pie at a time when the game was very much professional just adds to his aura.

I must say. Brad Parker's try off a pass from Foz this year I think against St George was the first time in a long time i got the cliffy tingles.

Just so so pretty.

Scorpio rules.

Lots of parts go towards a win.

But Cliffy was just a magician who at the top of his game, was not mortal. His art of deception on a footy field, no one today comes close.

That his legend also includes a pack and a half at half time, a meat pie at a time when the game was very much professional just adds to his aura.

I must say. Brad Parker's try off a pass from Foz this year I think against St George was the first time in a long time i got the cliffy tingles.

Just so so pretty.

Scorpio rules.
I remember that try very well .

Foz pass to Parker was a Cliffy special . Foz had the defense in three minds and gave Parker a free gallop into an open gap 7 metres out of the Dragons try line

Bozo was one of the original four immortals. There are so many moments from his amazing career that surpass Turbo's achievements to date. Here are just some of them.
There were so many Great Individual Performances

but none Greater than the ones that were dominating in the biggest games of the year

playing for the title and against the best in the comp

My most memorable ones .

The Incomparable Immortals man of the match dominance in the 1973 Grand final

The Wombats man of the match dominance in the 1976 grand final replay

Cliffy was magical in our 1987 Grand final win

I remember that try very well .

Foz pass to Parker was a Cliffy special . Foz had the defense in three minds and gave Parker a free gallop into an open gap 7 metres out of the Dragons try line
T'was the prettiest thing of 2021.

Parkers role also can not be down played either.

His positioning, his timing, he had no regard for his body running that line.

People can say what they will about our Parks, but I wouldn't swap him for any one.

T'was the prettiest thing of 2021.

Parkers role also can not be down played either.

His positioning, his timing, he had no regard for his body running that line.

People can say what they will about our Parks, but I wouldn't swap him for any one.

We all have our own Perspective , Benchmarks and Standards Feathered friend

Manly Sea eagles backs were meant to fly

Have a look at this clip where speed dominates in both attack and defence and you will see why

Speed Kills !!! and the faster you go the bigger the slower mediocre mess you leave behind !

Some on here might wonder why Cliffy Lyons is so beloved

This is one of my earliest footy memories - where he took a team missing a heap of players and almost won us a game (against a raiders team well over the cap)
One of the great games. I was luck enough to be there. Problem is, however many times I watch it, we still lose ....

I remember a one-off performance by occasional First Grader Rick Chisholm who scored all of Manly's points (I think it was 14 or 16) in a win over Cronulla at Brookie. Watching him I thought he was going to be a world-beater; a cross between Johnny Gibbs and Phil Blake, but I understand that some off-field issues cruelled his football career.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2