Best in the last 50 years ... Fullback ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WHO IS OUR BEST 1970 - 2020 .. FULLBACK ?

• Bob Batty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graham Eadie

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • John Dorahy

• Phil Sigsworth

• Marty Gurr

• Dale Shearer

• Matthew Ridge

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Will Hopoate

• Tom Turbo

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
TEAM SO FAR ..

Hooker ... Max Krilich
Prop ... Ian Roberts
Prop ... Mark Carroll
2nd Row .. Steve Menzies
2nd Row .. Terry Randall
Lock ... Malcolm Reilly
Halfback ... Geoff Toovey
5/8th ... Cliffy Lyons
Inside Centre ... Bob Fulton
Outside Centre .. Jamie Lyon
Wing .. Ken Irvine
Wing .. Kerry Boustead

Bench .. Anthony Watmough
Bench .. John O'Neill
Bench ... Kevin Ward

Fullback .. Many will say it is a one man race ... but I am expecting some spirited showings ...

TEAM SO FAR ..

Hooker ... Max Krilich
Prop ... Ian Roberts
Prop ... Mark Carroll
2nd Row .. Steve Menzies
2nd Row .. Terry Randall
Lock ... Malcolm Reilly
Halfback ... Geoff Toovey
5/8th ... Cliffy Lyons
Inside Centre ... Bob Fulton
Outside Centre .. Jamie Lyon
Wing .. Ken Irvine
Wing .. Kerry Boustead

Bench .. Anthony Watmough
Bench .. John O'Neill
Bench ... Kevin Ward

Fullback .. Many will say it is a one man race ... but I am expecting some spirited showings ...
I actually thought this was one of the trickiest.

It's a struck match between Wombat and Snake.

Anyone who ever saw Eadie come across in cover and smash some poor mongrel into touch would know what a quality player he was. Or chime into the backline and slice straight through. It was just great to watch.

But Snake was a freak too. Might not have had Eadie's frame but I'm pretty sure he has him covered for pace.

I'd be happy with either. But I'm going with Snake in a photo. And an honourable mention to Ridge. He was bloody tough and what I wouldn't give for someone who can kick goals like him in 2021. He's closer in ability to Eadie and Stewart than many give him credit for. Bloody great player.

Sweet Jesu on a kebab stick ... it's not hard to get into trouble around here ...
Woodsie I refrained from questioning dorahy and sigsworth btw - I don’t recall them getting many games at fullback for manly.

Eadie, Eden and Hegarty were ahead of those 2.

Woodsie I refrained from questioning dorahy and sigsworth btw - I don’t recall them getting many games at fullback for manly.

Eadie, Eden and Hegarty were ahead of those 2.

Mate .. I was only going to put 2 choices .. but in the interest of being interesting I thought I'd better beef out the line up with some well known names at least ...

Voted for Snake as I dogg do my see Wombat play.
Ridge was very, very good and was a major reason for our success over those years. His little sister was pretty hot also.

Realize that is covering different eras but difficult to go past Eadie . playing international footy at barely 19 [ may have been still 18 ] and a regular there for many years Doesn 't he also have the record for most points scored for Manly [ or is that Killer now ] Wouldn 't matter as regardless , such a powerful presence at the back for Manly all through his long career there . Snake was freakish in so many areas and when he first appeared on the scene for Manly , the good judges rated him the best prospect at one for Manly since Wombat and what a contribution it turned out even allowing for his occasional injury setbacks . Ridge and Shearer special mention also . Snake was great but the Wombat just slightly better in my humble estimation

It's a struck match between Wombat and Snake.

Anyone who ever saw Eadie come across in cover and smash some poor mongrel into touch would know what a quality player he was. Or chime into the backline and slice straight through. It was just great to watch.

But Snake was a freak too. Might not have had Eadie's frame but I'm pretty sure he has him covered for pace.

I'd be happy with either. But I'm going with Snake in a photo. And an honourable mention to Ridge. He was bloody tough and what I wouldn't give for someone who can kick goals like him in 2021. He's closer in ability to Eadie and Stewart than many give him credit for. Bloody great player.
EVERYTHING he said about those 3 legends and I vote the same way...haha....

I'm going with Snake as it wasn't just what he did with the ball or his own defence BUT how he marshaled the team from behind the line,
I very much remember there was a time when he was out that our team just didn't defend the way they did when he was in the team, something we as fans dont really get to see but look at our stats when he played against when he didnt play and our defense leaked points when he wasnt there, and its not that he wasnt there to make takles he just wasnt there to call the line and we were poorer for it.

Honourable mention Eadie who was in his twilight when I witnessed him in action, but still very good, also the spindly Kiwi Ridge who was gutsy and as competitive as any....but it is a hands down award for Snake Stewart.
The Prince was just such an excitement machine with his blistering pace, anticipation, positional play and some absolute freak passes between legs or while falling from impossible positions, but his best quality of all was the ability to lift the players around him....talked all day and gave the 12 in front of him plenty of revving and organisation from the best seat in the house ....

Frank Stokes..... seriously though, I honestly think if Turbo hadn't spent the best part of the last 2 years injured he would win this category. That's how good he is.

Look Brett is a legend but Eadie had goal kicking capability that Brett didn’t possess.

For that alone I put him just ahead of Brett - The Bat also has 4 premierships and 6 GFs next to his name.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4