Best foward pack 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Theres always teams tipped to have the best foward pack coming into a new season yet when it comes to the crunch the Seaeagles have dominated all in recent times.
Souths on paper look great but fall short where it counts - on the field.
For mine the Sharks pack looks improved & the other 2 are Warriors & Nth Qld who have some big skillful units that will make an impact in 2012.
Who do you rate to be the better packs in 2012 apart from Manly???

Broncos have the best forward pack for 2012 and that includes taking the Manly pack into consideration

They have a good mix of youth and experience. There younger players have speed and the ability to break tackles and offload. Amongst them are some very reliable workhorses in Parker and Civinoceva.

Gillet
Glenn
Parker
Thaiday
Civinoceva
Teo
Hannant

Bronco's pack is strong. Surely Petero will start to yield soon, he is a machine.

At risk of jumping on the band wagon Bronco's do have a handy pack. I have backed Souths (not literally) for a few years now, on the basis of their forward pack and every year they falter. And I LOVE IT!!!

Crusher_Cleal said:
Broncos easily. Didn't the Sharks lose Snowden AND Douglas?
Yeh mate - Snowden back to Knights & Douglas to Titans.
I think Snowdens form slipped considerably anyway after getting Tinklers cash & I'm not on the Douglas bandwagon - good not great for mine.
Sharks have signed DE Gois who I rate a handy rake & though lots here dont agree I think this Fifita they signed from Tigers has massive potential. Throw in Gallen, Jeremy Smith & Ben Ross who I dont like but gets great scores in fantasy league & they have a bit to offer. They also have a lanky 2nd rower from the U20 team named Frizzel who will open up a few teams on the fringes & be well known by the end of 2012.

Sorry Sharks are not close.
Broncos, Tigers, Souths, and I think Titans are looking good.
Watch Matt Sarma become one of the best 9s around. He si the reason they let Freind go.

MK Eagle said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
Broncos easily. Didn't the Sharks lose Snowden AND Douglas?
Yeh mate - Snowden back to Knights & Douglas to Titans.
I think Snowdens form slipped considerably anyway after getting Tinklers cash & I'm not on the Douglas bandwagon - good not great for mine.
Sharks have signed DE Gois who I rate a handy rake & though lots here dont agree I think this Fifita they signed from Tigers has massive potential. Throw in Gallen, Jeremy Smith & Ben Ross who I dont like but gets great scores in fantasy league & they have a bit to offer. They also have a lanky 2nd rower from the U20 team named Frizzel who will open up a few teams on the fringes & be well known by the end of 2012.

Frizzel will benefit from playing a couple of games in the 4 nations as well for Wales

Although they have a big pack, the Raiders must be a huge disapointment to there fans. Dane Tilse just seems so ineffective for a bloke his size. You'd imagine offloads all day long. He would ideally play a role not unlike Petero in a well coached side, but they can't seem to get it out of him.

mozgrame said:
Although they have a big pack, the Raiders must be a huge disapointment to there fans. Dane Tilse just seems so ineffective for a bloke his size. You'd imagine offloads all day long. He would ideally play a role not unlike Petero in a well coached side, but they can't seem to get it out of him.

Tilse was easily the Raiders best forward this year. Their problem is the coach and not being able to get the players to not believe their own press. I think the Raiders might bounce back next season as they are once again being touted as wooden spoon contenders.

With Taumalolo joining the Cowboys first grade side next year they are going to have a pretty decent pack:

8. Scott
9. Payne/Segeyaro
10. Tamou
11. Sim
12. Taumalolo
13. Johnson
with guys like A. Sims, Hall, Paterson, Cooper, Bolton on the bench or in reserve.

The final top 8 next year we will find have fairly even forward packs, so I expect the difference will be in the halves and backs where I see much larger gaps between the teams. In saying this I wouldnt be surprised this time tomorrow seeing a new thread "best backline 2012", gotta love the offseason.

Our backrow is easily the strongest and if their form continues it should be NSW and Australia's backrow next season.

There's a lot of quality forwards running around at the moment... I've just been looking through the teams, the weakest is probably Roosters (because most of them are inexperienced, although there's plenty of potential)... but it's too hard to decide really, there's good and bad points about every team.

IMO, it doesn't matter what they look like on paper, it's if they "bend the line"!!! We do but teams like Souths run in the backs!!

Manly To Win! said:
There's a lot of quality forwards running around at the moment... I've just been looking through the teams, the weakest is probably Roosters (because most of them are inexperienced, although there's plenty of potential)... but it's too hard to decide really, there's good and bad points about every team.
They do look weak but that Kennedy is good & deserves a better team. Also think that Tasi has potential & if he stayed at Manly could have pushed for a bench spot in a premiership winning team - bet he regrets his decision now. His Rooters move slowed his progress & because that side plays with no fire & lacks aggression its nullified his performances greatly imo.

Clay said:
Broncos have the best forward pack for 2012 and that includes taking the Manly pack into consideration

They have a good mix of youth and experience. There younger players have speed and the ability to break tackles and offload. Amongst them are some very reliable workhorses in Parker and Civinoceva.

Gillet
Glenn
Parker
Thaiday
Civinoceva
Teo
Hannant

They`re not that good(the players i mean) they have been steamrolled by our pack this past season..

Hannant.. doesnt even get a rating useless ..
Teo has potential.. Petro is slow.. Thaiday has his days ..
Parker plays all game..
& the other 2 are ok, nothing great..
That forward pack would get a better rating from me had Lockyer still been playing, but without him behind them pushing them i cant see them being too effective..

Take Our pack by a country mile anyday .. ;)

For the bloody life of me i can't think of the big young guy the broncs have with a Mc starting name. Not the hooker, he's a front rower. What ever his name is, he's pretty good for a young bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6