Best Ever Manly tries !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Gee he was a weapon!
he sure was - no doubt about that. Fabulous talent......as someone else was agreeing - like Ray Brown - always left you feeling there must be an encore coming - great performance but they never quite finished the job for the standing ovation. Instead they they just received the staid Lords type quiet refined clap for a jolly good job but we wanted so so much more!

What is so incredible is that everyone just knew it was a try. No replays. Nothing. Rambo, referee & Rex. All of them! And they were right!
Went to this game at Redfern as a kid...Manly were down 2 tries early and this try was integral in setting up a gutsy comeback victory....
He had good pace as staryed in the centre's early in his career, but turned into a sensational 2nd rower!!

1992 v the Panthers at Brooky. Greg Alexander was the premier player in the comp at the time and he was making his return after a long-term injury so there was a large amount of hype surrounding his return. Enter Geoff Toovey!

From how I remember the try, it was our feed almost right in the middle of the field. Tooves scoots around the scrum after the ball comes out. He is then confronted by a scrambling defender and Tooves turns him around. Due to brief slowing to get around that defender, 2 more defenders are able to make some ground and get in the way.... he also turns both of them around. One last defender now cuts across metres before the try-line. This time he spots an open Craig Hancock so decides not to risk a good thing and puts Hank over in the south-eastern corner.

Not amongst the best Manly tries of all time but has always been one of my favourites.

I do recall going to the Sydney sports ground with my dad, got there late and the first thing we saw was wambat collecting a bomb in his ingoal, proceeded to step and shove 3 in the ingoal then went through the rest of the team to score. Does anyone recall that one?

he sure was - no doubt about that. Fabulous talent......as someone else was agreeing - like Ray Brown - always left you feeling there must be an encore coming - great performance but they never quite finished the job for the standing ovation. Instead they they just received the staid Lords type quiet refined clap for a jolly good job but we wanted so so much more!

Fantastic stuff!!! I am loving these old video collections. Thanks Shane5400.

That last try against Penrith in 2014 when they also came back from nowhere was pretty special. I was there and I have never heard Brookie go more crazy.

NYEagle

I do recall going to the Sydney sports ground with my dad, got there late and the first thing we saw was wambat collecting a bomb in his ingoal, proceeded to step and shove 3 in the ingoal then went through the rest of the team to score. Does anyone recall that one?
Round 22, 1978, we had to win to confirm our top 5 spot and the Chooks had to win to make the 5, Manly put on a great performance that day capped off by the 80 metre try from the Wombat when he skittled the chooks defence. This was the game before the finals campaign and we all know what the team achieved, arguably our greatest ever grand final win!

Round 22, 1978, we had to win to confirm our top 5 spot and the Chooks had to win to make the 5, Manly put on a great performance that day capped off by the 80 metre try from the Wombat when he skittled the chooks defence. This was the game before the finals campaign and we all know what the team achieved, arguably our greatest ever grand final win!
Is this Barry Ross? thanks for those stats Barry, Im glad someone else remembers that one

A try scored after full-time against the Sharks featuring Jamie Lyon comes to mind. And Tony Williams steamrolling slater to score. Menzies try in the grandfinal is my all-time thou.

Funniest try I ever saw was Maxy scoring a try in the 1981 game against Parra at Brookvale. Manly had the game pretty much in their keeping that day and the Whingers were pressing our line and a pass was intercepted by Max and he had 75 metres to run to score, he sprinted like a hare for the first 25 metres and then had this young superstar speedster called Brett Kenny trying to get him, Kenny continued to close the gap and with Max needing to run about a further 15 metres, Kenny dived to make the tackle, Max skilfully slowed his run slightly so Kenny caught fresh air enabling Max to get to the line, fall over it, score the cry and require defibrillator attention to recover and continue the match. You could see both Maxy and Kenny having a laugh about that, it ended up being the cherry on the cake for Manly that day and gave us all a huge laugh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6