Best commentary calls:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
71.41 in that GF. Gus says,
"Imagine if the Beaver puts one over now."
And as they say, the rest is history.
Still gives me goose bumps watching it today.
What a champion player.
What a champion bloke.

Kiwi commentator just then.

On Hurrell " been a very long time since a debutant has came in and made such a stir"

Dce, Sean Johnson - Represented their countries in debut year. Idiot.

If he says "kiwi connection" one more time he's getting muted.

Clint said:
What a champion player.
What a champion bloke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlNX00huGs

2009 game at Brookie when Brett returned and scored 3

He burns the Tigers off for his 2nd and Rabs goes off

"some call him the Prince of Brookvale, I don't, I call him Mr Magic"

Goosebumps. Every single time.

Best moment of my 30 years in following this fantastic club.

Something close to "It's Xmas for Oldfield because Santa Clause (Jamie Lyon) is giving out presents" - Andrew Voss last Friday night.

The greatest moment , from the greatest player , in the geatest game on the geatest day of my life following the greatest club .

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Clint said:
What a champion player.
What a champion bloke.

Lucky we're cooking onions at the moment so I could say to the wife "these onions are making my eyes water." when in fact it was the above clip.

4 years on and like others here, goosebumps galore!

Go MANLY!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Clint said:
What a champion player.
What a champion bloke.

GREATEST MOMENT IN RUGBY LEAGUE HISTORY

dceagle said:
The greatest moment , from the greatest player , in the geatest game on the geatest day of my life following the greatest club .

In the greatest grand final winning score in 100 years.

Also 2011 Grand Final after DCE try Gus - "Glenn Stewart - Genius, WOW"

1996 gf a manly are on their own line a player is down injuried tezza is screaming at him to get back in the line the player does and makes a try saving tackle.
Gus" see that desperation in defense he was down but hill was yelling at him to get back In line, the injury might hurt but it hurts more if they go in your hole"

Add my warm fuzziness to the Beaver try.

And I think it was Cliffy who went down in the '96 GF and Tezza was cranky with him.

Another cricket one, from the same era was when a unique dismissal occured and the commentator savoured the pleasure of announcing it was 'Lillee caught Willey bowled Dilley'

My personal oldest spine tingler is from the abc tv commentary of the 73 GF, calling bozo's second try, that was started with a good run by my namesake Ian Martin from a scrum win, who bumps off someone and gives it to Eadie on the boil who penetrates and then throws a kind of basketball lob pass over to an absolutely flying bozo: '...and it goes to... FULTON! FULTON! Fulton for the line .... Fulton: A TRY!!!'

But my alltime fave commentator was (sorry you <50 yr olds) Tiger Black on 2KY. had a broad oldtime aussie accent and some great stock expressions like:
'And he's deadly tackled by Randall';
'Irvine's raiding away upfield, burnin the grass behind him'
'Manly attack the Sain' George line.'
'There goes the kick by Simms not a bad effort either what's it gonna be? ...... and BOTH FLAGS ARE UP/and it's right over the black dot/ and its been waved away'

for tries:
'And they won't catch Eadie, whose gone helter skelter for the line and gone into score.'

'And you can put your glasses down, because Bob Batty has raced away and put the ball down in for a bewdiful try. And the score, from the Sinny Cricket Ground, is Manly Warringah 10 and Newd'n nil.'

One day the inevitable happened when somebody got in the clear and Tiger started up: 'And they won't catch Langlands, whose ..... oh wait; they caught him!'

One of my favourites from a few years back. Australia v nz and the radio commentator was going through the nz forward pack and said 'that's a strong looking pack, plenty of internationals there'

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4