Best Band you've seen live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Saw RHCP last night, farking awesome.

They played mainly new stuff but still played a few classics from the 80's which was good. Will definately see them again when they are next out.

The smh review of the RHCP concert says they were ****

Have they done anything but parody themselves since BSSM?

Just read that article at lunch. I still thought they were good and everyone I know who saw them have said the same. Albeit the journalist has seen them before and can compare the different shows.

My only gripe was that they didnt play enough old stuff but I guess alot of the audience were kids and wouldnt know much of it.

RHCP are an over hyped and ****hous band. I am so over people liking a band due to past glory.

When will people actually stop and listen to their new "songs" and I use that term very loosely and realise how terrible they are?

I dont mind some of their new stuff , although some is a little too pop for my liking.

Gee John Frusciante is a great guitarist!!!! One of best according to a few of my mates that play.

Dans right. I have BSSM and Stadium Arcadium. On BSSM, you can listen to everything. On Stadium arcadium theres enough there to make half a decent album but spread over 2 disks.. im like flicking past 5 or 6 songs to her the good stuff.

man that you can bare any "songs" of theirs is a mircale.

I as given by the way for free, gave it one spin and turned it into a coaster. What a load of crap that is.

Each to their own.

I didnt actually pay for my ticket. Was a freebie in a corporate box with free food and piss, I would probably see most bands or artists if given that again if there was other mates in the box.

The amounts people were paying for some tickets on EBay was crazy.

Bare there songs? Thats a little over reacting I think. Theres definatly stuff I like on their albums and BSSM happens to be one of my all time favorites. fair enough, don't pump a band because they don't make music like they used to, but don't bash them like they never made anything good.

Think if it from a bands point of view too... they probably get sick of playing the same sort of songs night in night out and try and change it up.

Some are on the money some aren't.. it happens to everyone in music IMO... no one is ever going to make 5 cd's of 15 songs and everyone of them being classic's.. it's just common sense.

For me, I just don't like the sound RHCP get.. i'll give credit to flea (bass) he is unreal at what he does.. but i just don't "digg" ;) the sound they give out and Anthony's (lead singer) voice tends to **** me to tears.

Silent Bob, Did you have to sit through Minus Life before Mastodon??

The gig up here for Slayer is tomorrow night and i know that Minus Life is the support up here and they are terrible.

Can you give a run down of what went on in the slayer concert?? Did they play all the classics... war ensemble, disciple, angel of death, seasons in the abyuss, stain of mind, reigning blood, spirit in black??

I remember last time i saw them there was this part where everything was black and then a spotlight was just on tom araya and he went through this piece with no music or anything just yelling and screaming down the microphone (forget what it was about) but **** it was good. did he do that again??

How good is Dave Lombardo?? So good to see him back with them.. he was with them last time they were here too but left and is now back so Australia has been lucky in that sense.

Screw this.. i'm going to listen to slayer and see if there are any tickets left for tomorrow night......

Its funny that the chilli peppers stuff that dan is referring to (new stuff) is all made 'after' he stopped smoking crack like it was going out of fashion. :lol:

We had Mortal Sin opening for them down here, didn't get there in time to catch them though, have seen them plenty of times and I'm not a huge fan, Melbourne got Bloodduster which would have been great.

Before I get on to Slayer I just have to say Mastodon were brilliant (I'm a massive Mastodon fan anyway) and were just as good as Slayer for me and their light show was the most seizure inducing thing I've ever seen, they just kept rolling along from one song to the next, would love to see them at their own show.

Now Slayer.. the set list (seems right to me, stolen from another forum).
Darkness of Christ
Disciple
War Ensemble
Jihad
Die by the Sword
Show no Mercy
Captor of Sin
Cult
Bloodline
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons in the Abyss
Supremist
Eyes of the Insane
Post Mortem
Silent Scream
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

No Hell Awaits which I was spewing about but still you can’t complain.

I squeezed my way up to the front directly between Tom and Kerry. Some dickheads were throwing coins on stage for some reason so Tom had a whinge about that half way through. I don't remember Tom doing that spotlight thing (I was tanked though), just his usual short spiels leading in to the usual songs. Dave threw in an extended double kick bit in Angel of Death which basically had the whole crowd going 8| Jeff seemed a bit off during some songs but still fantastic and Kerry was just his usual self, nodding along and shredding it up when he had to. The mosh was pretty tame compared to what I’ve been to before, a lot of skinny emo kids for some reason, I did lose a contact lens though but I don’t know how. After they had finished Tom said “Thanks for coming, we may be back” not sure if that means anything.

I was seriously considering flying to Brisbane to catch them again until I found out it was sold out.

Not alot of diabolus in musica then.. oh well.. still how good is that finish!!

i thought they would have thrown in flesh storm but the new songs they played are beauties.. i'm loving Cult.

Sounds like it would have been a great night.

Did anyone catch Testament when they were out here a couple of months back?? First time they had ever been to Australia after being a band for 19 years :lol: I got to see them... brilliant apart from Chuck Billy being that high off whatever he could find that he kept reffering to us (brisbane) as melbourne hahhaa til someone informed him of where he was.

Chuck mentioned they would be back... so, if you didn't get a chance to see them last time.. make sure you catch them next time.

who ****ing deleted my post?

RHCP are an over hyped and ****hous band. I am so over people liking a band due to past glory.

When will people actually stop and listen to their new \"songs\" and I use that term very loosely and realise how terrible they are?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6