Best 1 to 7 in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Greg Alexander mentioned a few times during the match last night that Manly have the best 1 to 7 in the NRL. I agree totally. I've looked at other teams and haven't found better.

We've got a backline with only Jorge not playing in an origin or test team. Having said that Jorge was on a short list to make an origin debut. Pretty impressive stuff.

As good as Wolfy is I feel like our backline could be better with a genuine speedster, someone like James Roberts

I agree. I couldn't find a better back line in the competition. The issue is we need to be on song on a more consistent basis.

Interesting though. Where would you rate our 8 - 13 ? I can't, with any impartiality, rate them above the Rooters or Souffs pack at the moment. It's why they sit where they do on the ladder. Admittedly, we have lost 2 players to season enders.

If Gifty can get back to his best we'd rival the Roosters for the best backrow in the comp, our prop rotation was probably one of the better ones when we were healthy with Kite, Lawrence, King and Richie

1-7 I agree, man for man there is no better.

* Centres are the best 2 in the game
* Fullback if not the best is at least on a par (say Slater/Inglis)
* Halves are the best (ahead of Pearce/Maloney, Sutton/Reynolds)
* Wingers, solid, but probably a couple better in the league.

I think our 8-13 just misses a real hard a** enforcer, a JWH. And a real creative 9. However Ballin was doing some great kicking last night.

Killer03 said:
1-7 I agree, man for man there is no better.

* Centres are the best 2 in the game
* Fullback if not the best is at least on a par (say Slater/Inglis)
* Halves are the best (ahead of Pearce/Maloney, Sutton/Reynolds)
* Wingers, solid, but probably a couple better in the league.

I think our 8-13 just misses a real hard a** enforcer, a JWH. And a real creative 9. However Ballin was doing some great kicking last night.

Balin's kick chase's are awesum, in fact the whole team chase pretty well when you think about it.

Roosters, Storm and Souths are also very good.

All have some weakness, Mainly wingers but the Roosters SKD wouldn't play first grade at centre in the other 3 teams.

MadMarcus said:
I think Ballin is a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for.
Definitely. His defence and backing up somethimes go un-noticed. I'm a big fan, but I do admit I'd love to have a Segiaro-type (spelling?) running hooker on the bench who could come on in short bursts to spark the attack.
I wonder if Dane Chisholm could fill such a role?

Ballin is a good 80 minute hooker the issue for some including me is when playing 60 minutes he is often a super 60 minute hooker and given our use of the bench this year surely we can find someone to allow him to put hit all in for 60 minutes.

Ceagle said:
As good as Wolfy is I feel like our backline could be better with a genuine speedster, someone like James Roberts

When has Wolfies 'lack of speed' ever cost us? I struggle to think of even one occasion. He is no slouch.

bones said:
Ceagle said:

When has Wolfies 'lack of speed' ever cost us? I struggle to think of even one occasion. He is no slouch.

He looked pretty genuine catching that Tigers winger last night. My problem with Wolfy is the top three sides will murder us with his up and in defence. Smith and Cronk will have a day out terrorizing him.:s

The Wolf is arguably the Seaeagles fastest player with Snake (Choc/Lawrence not far off).
As mentioned that chase on Tigers flyer Simona who has left players like Locke for dead showed it. Has done this many times including a sensation against Penrith 2-3 years ago when he came from the clouds to Knock a Panther into touch ingoal showing scorching pace & have not seen him often caught from behind when in the clear.
Wolfs only issue atm is getting caught out with indecision in no mans land.
The ability to fly off the wing is integral in the current game with no margin for error- its not Wolf coming in imo but the fact he is not committing when he does charge the centre/fullback, allowing time for a good ball to the open winger. Anyways- massive fan of Williams & great to see his fierce running game back in vogue.

The Who said:
MadMarcus said:
I think Ballin is a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for.
Definitely. His defence and backing up somethimes go un-noticed. I'm a big fan, but I do admit I'd love to have a Segiaro-type (spelling?) running hooker on the bench who could come on in short bursts to spark the attack.
I wonder if Dane Chisholm could fill such a role?

No, Chisholm isn't up to it defensively or otherwise in my opinion.

Ferris can do that role if needed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7