Bennett back at the Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
...will this be a deciding factor in regards to Cherry going back to Brisbane?
So much for Bennett not taking a coaching job after previously declaring he would not negotiate with a club which has a coach!:s
(although it could be argued, he didn't negotiate, just rings young Locky and tells him to get everyone the F ... out, I'm coming home with my posse!)

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wayne-bennett-to-return-in-brisbane-broncos-shakeup-20140720-zuzm5.html#ixzz382j4pwlv

Yep, that's exactly what's happening Wombat.

Gets rid of the sitting Coach, the CEO and half the board in the process.

Half of the players, all of the support staff and half of the remainder of the organisation will be ****ting themselves.

Broncoshq forum has hundreds of sack griffin pages so the writing was on the wall. But with Milford, Barba, Hoffman how does Boyd play fullback

I think the timing is magnificent.

I would envisage massive news regarding Brisbane and the salary cap in the next week or two, and this will be part of the massive re-structure shakeup as a result.

COMMANDER said:

I would envisage massive news regarding Brisbane and the salary cap in the next week or two, and this will be part of the massive re-structure shakeup as a result.

I hope so Commander, this would warm my heart tremendously. There is no way it will come close to the joy of seeing the scum found out and punished, but I'll take the good times when I can.

wombatgc said:
So much for Bennett not taking a coaching job after previously declaring he would not negotiate with a club which has a coach!:s
(although it could be argued, he didn't negotiate, just rings young Locky and tells him to get everyone the f*ck out, I'm coming home with my posse!)

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wayne-bennett-to-return-in-brisbane-broncos-shakeup-20140720-zuzm5.html#ixzz382j4pwlv

G'day all,Wasn't the current coach best mates with Daly's old man the reason he was going there supposedly?
cheers mike

Bennett is passed it, as the Gen Y Players don't give much about his records from the last Century :cool:

Darius would have to play on the wing if he goes there. Its what he does in SOO and seems to be a try scoring freak in that position.

Barba seems to be on the outer, so he may be pushed in to the Qld Cup.

Its all good for Manly though, with all these changes north of the border :)

COMMANDER said:

And a massive excuse to do anything to try and get another premiership.
Interesting. If Bennett is such a super coach then why couldn't he get the Knights a trophy?
Could it be because the Knights play within the cap, aren't loaded like the donkeys and don't get to play every Friday night?
Not a fan of what he doing. Using his record to leave the Knights without a coach, dumping Griffin and taking up his old throne.
I wonder if another coach we know will try this in the future?

mike walker said:
wombatgc said:
(although it could be argued, he didn't negotiate, just rings young Locky and tells him to get everyone the f*ck out, I'm coming home with my posse!)

G'day all,Wasn't the current coach best mates with Daly's old man the reason he was going there supposedly?
cheers mike

Exactly

I always thought that logic was flawed anyway. Would you choose to play with your best mates (kieran and buhrer) or your dad's mate?

Shoe1 said:
Exactly

I always thought that logic was flawed anyway. Would you choose to play with your best mates (kieran and buhrer) or your dad's mate?

Me too. I don't even know 3 of my dad's mates and don't really care what they do.

Also that dad's great mates theory story was just the same one regarding the stewart brothers and st george.

They just 'found and replaced' the stewart name with boris'!

Shoe1 said:
mike walker said:
wombatgc said:

cheers mike

Exactly

I thought Ben Barba was his best mate?

Bet Corey Parker's glad he piped up a few days ago...

"Broncos skipper Corey Parker launched an impassioned defence of coach Anthony Griffin amid speculation Brisbane may attempt to entice Wayne Bennett back to the NRL club.

An irritated Parker said the under-pressure Griffin had the complete support of the playing group in his third season in charge at Red Hill.

The Broncos sit seventh following a gutting one-point loss to Penrith on Monday night, but could easily tumble out of the top eight with a defeat to the Warriors this weekend.

Parker said Griffin - contracted though 2015 - did not deserve to have his position under question.

"It really bugs me," the Queensland Origin lock said on Wednesday.

"I realise the industry is a results-driven industry but I can assure you on behalf of myself and (co-captain) Justin (Hodges) that the coach has got an enormous amount of support from the playing group.

We back him 100 per cent."

So is this confirmed people or just a rumour ?

Am yet to catch the news this morning.

Bennett back to the broncos? Did they find Ken Talbots hidden cash reserves so that he can buy the QLD state of origin team again?

The guy just doesn't know when to retire.

bones said:
Shoe1 said:
mike walker said:
wombatgc said:

cheers mike

Exactly

I thought Ben Barba was his best mate?

I don't know about that but this week I'm brushing my mates and will spend some quality time with my dad's friend. Heck I may even move my young family interstate to work for him.

This will be great for the Drongo's!

They can start using- "Our players come/and stay here because off their love for Wayne- They take unders to play under him"

He will rid the club of all the deadwood and recruit players "under the salary cap" and have a near international squad by next year.

Another premiership for the "not yet caught" cheats.

Fox Sports 2:30pm Press Conference to make announcement.

Bennet has kyboshed Knights and Broncos, potentially Saints by his avarice in 2014 :sleepy:

"Alex is a monument to the game, I am proud of the people of Newcastle," RING RING RING RING, "Hello Lachlan, want to come back to Brisbane to fix your unbroken team, Newcastle is $uc$ed!"

Zed forgot to leak this to Buzz :cool:

Apparently a Manly Player looking to upgrade his earnings, is more disruptive than the sacking of a Coach :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6