Benji is a hack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's be objective benji is a great player. The warriors got a role on and has the momentum and as a result won. That's it. You can't be a world beater everygame. Even bradman got out for a duck

2nd have was average

The point about if he is a leader and a winner they would still be there is a long bow to draw. Usually that reasoning Ben Kennedy was an average leader with us

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So when the pressure was on and the game was on the line, his game lifted ? Not a great way to prove the point

Mate if he was a leader and a winner the tigers would not be out, just like they were this time last year.

what did you think of his second half tonight kiwi? was it good or crap?

Cambo said:
Let's be objective benji is a great player. The warriors got a role on and has the momentum and as a result won. That's it. You can't be a world beater everygame. Even bradman got out for a duck

He is a player, and that's it. In 20 years time they won't be talking about Benji.

Benji marshell probably is the best touch football player in the NRL but my grandmother could break more tackles than he does and she's dead.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Cambo said:

He is a player, and that's it. In 20 years time they won't be talking about Benji.

Wrong. Benji is a great player.

I know this is right because I have heard Bob Fulton say it a thousand times.

Any team that muscled up and played tough semi-finals football would beat the Tigpies, but I was fearful the NRL crackdown on that style of play because of the Manly-Melbourne tussle would not allow it to happen. The Worryers did play strongly in the second half and showed the Tigpies up as a touch football team. Mind you, the refs gave the Tigpies every chance.
For once I must applaud the video ref for getting several calls correct.

You diss Benji yet you probably flog yourself silly over Cherry Evans. Benji might get too much media attention but that does not change the fact he is a damn fine player. No coincidence he is virtually injury free in 09/10 and the Tigers do well. They won 12 or so games on the trot. He was 2nd or 3rd in the Dally M's. Yeah he is crap. Tall Poppy syndrome, that's all it is.

Garts there is no point arguing.

I have read posts on this forum saying both Lockyer and Slater cant play too.

bob dylan said:

I think benji is overrated but i just read in this very thread locky slater and inglis are the "most overrated in history" if these blokes are no good then tiger woods cant play golf, schumacher cant drive, rossi should be riding a lawnmower and Hugh Hefner is a homosexual

He's a top player. But the wankfest that surrounds him is bound to bring out threads like this. I'm all for them.

People want to rub one out over bull**** tries like that one last week against the Dragons, then he can deserve **** when he has an off game.

Napper said:
bob dylan said:

I think benji is overrated but i just read in this very thread locky slater and inglis are the "most overrated in history" if these blokes are no good then tiger woods cant play golf, schumacher cant drive, rossi should be riding a lawnmower and Hugh Hefner is a homosexual

Well we did learn Peter Brock and Ayrton Senna werent that great at driving cars, but it took a while.

Benji has been behind dead packs for years. Ellis is doing well & heighington adds some but BM cant do it on his own. Benji needs to break away from the rut that is sheens.

bob dylan said:
Napper said:
bob dylan said:

Well we did learn Peter Brock and Ayrton Senna werent that great at driving cars, but it took a while.

Both died from crashing said cars,your lack of taste is disturbing,next you'll say Steve Irwin was good with animals of the sea

Napper said:
bob dylan said:

It's down to your interpretation of overrated. I think someone labeling Bill Slater as the best fullback of all time is overrating him. He's an elite player though, no doubt.

Inglis on the other hand. One of the greats on his day, but he's rarely on his day. I'd take Lyon over Inglis anyday (unless the day in question is one of GI's day).

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Volley said:
He's a top player. But the wankfest that surrounds him is bound to bring out threads like this. I'm all for them.

People want to rub one out over bull**** tries like that one last week against the Dragons, then he can deserve s**t when he has an off game.

But the same people bagging him when he has off games sure as he'll won't give him credit when he has good ones. They all come out whenever the Tigers lose, and it's always his fault. Idiots do that, loss = Benji played ****, it's a simpletons view. He can't win every game and like all players makes mistakes.

He is easily one of the best in the game. I tend to think that anyone saying otherwise has a case of tall poppy syndrome. He won the game for them against us earlier this year.

I think attitude lost them the game tonight, it looked like they came out after half time and thought it was just going to happen.

I just have to say, this is another reason why I love our side so much. We don't tend to rely on one or two match winners, but instead have a well rounded team.

I remember Benji was running backwards towards his ingoal in a game the Tigpies fluked a victory in Auckland. Then he pegged the ball at a frustrated warrior who pushed him.

I knew this would bite him back.

Karma's gold!

If Tigers close the game out & they should apart from a smug f**khead attitude :)huh:including Marshall & even more so Farrah), noone would be saying how bad Marshall is- i hate Tigers but some on here nust have missed the last 12 odd rounds. Agree that he does not perform as well with old school rough house tactics but you can use that arguement against any player in the history of the game. I hate Tigers 2nd only to Illawarra but Marshall cant play - wtf ??? :huh:

MK Eagle said:
If Tigers close the game out & they should apart from a smug f**khead attitude :)huh:including Marshall & even more so Farrah), noone would be saying how bad Marshall is- i hate Tigers but some on here nust have missed the last 12 odd rounds. Agree that he does not perform as well with old school rough house tactics but you can use that arguement against any player in the history of the game. I hate Tigers 2nd only to Illawarra but Marshall cant play - wtf ??? :huh:

Spot on MK, BM is a class player and the "attitude" is there and surrounding him, I would prefer Kieran any day. I am more than happy with our team - a champion team, not a one man show!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8