Bench Improvement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well there's obviously no one in reserve grade worthy of promoting.
Tent, Tango and Perrett should be a dominant force in the Workers but the team's results suggest otherwise.

Well there's obviously no one in reserve grade worthy of promoting.
Tent, Tango and Perrett should be a dominant force in the Workers but the team's results suggest otherwise.

Agree we are a few injuries away from having a very weak bench.

Tanginoa
Fainu
Sipley

make up 3/4 of a decent bench. JetSki simply has no game awareness despite his effort.Hes one of those guys whose errors always seem to matter like last night. Different stages of the game require different approaches and he has only one method, and it’s high risk..After that a fit Boyle ( he was gassed last night very quickly) makes it an adequate if not fearsome foursome.

They need to make a decision re Fainu soon. If he’s on the field with 5 to go DCE kicks deep.Similarly it was his speedy play the ball that allowed DCEs try. The gap between him and API in terms of service and general ruck work becomes more apparent each week.The difference was incredibly stark last night.The simple fact is despite his effort Apis passing game has not improved at all in three years.

There was a period last week when both were on the field. Maybe with very little depth to our bench anyway API plays as a low minute roving attacking option while also stiffening a tired middle.. Each week a big bopper plays scrabble on the bench for most of the 80 minutes anyway.15 minutes from a jack in the box roving API would be more valuable than a cameo from a fringe big man off the bench.

Given we will be in a lot of dogfights with Tom and Walker out of our offence and little penetration out wide and from the back every little bit matters when it comes to service to DCE and attack out of dummy half and Fainu is way ahead in that regard.

Our defence is great, superb in fact. Need some tweaking in attack. The Raiders won’t be as tough as the Dragons physically but 10 points won’t be nearly enough to beat them. They will throw a lot more at us; unlike the dragons their forwards are smaller, skilful and much more mobile this year and there defence has been great as well.

Bench of Api( utility not solely second hooker), Tanginoa,Sipley and a fit Boyle might get the job done ok when AFB is back.

In reality with the same effort and at home we should beat the Raiders if we play a little smarter.

Last edited:
Tanginoa
Fainu
Sipley

make up 3/4 of a decent bench. JetSki simply has no game awareness despite his effort.Hes one of those guys whose errors always seem to matter like last night. Different stages of the game requires different approaches and he has only one method.After that a fit Boyle ( he was gassed last night very quickly) makes it an adequate if not fearsome foursome.

They need to make a decision re Fainu soon. If he’s on the field with 3 to go DCE kicks deep.Similarly it was his play the ball that allowed DCEs try. The gap between him and API in terms of service becomes more apparent each week.The difference was incredibly stark last night.The simple fact is despite his effort Apis passing game has not improved at all in three years.

There was a period last week when both were on the field. Maybe with very little depth to our bench anyway API plays as a low minute roving attacking option while stiffening a tired middle.. Each week a big bopper plays scrabble on the bench for most of the 80 minutes anyway.10 or 15 minutes from a jack in the box roving API would be more valuable than a cameo from a fringe big man off the bench.

Given we will be in a lot of dogfights with Tom and Walker out of our offence and little penetration out wide every little bit matters when it comes to service and attack out of dummy half and Fainu is way ahead in that regard.

The defence is great, superb in fact. Need some tweaking in attack. The Raiders won’t be as tough as the Raiders physically but 10 points won’t be nearly enough to beat them. They will throw a lot more at us and there defence has been great this year as well.
I totally agree. I said 2 weeks ago api should come on as a roving lock. He has a strong running game and is used to defending in the middle. Like you say without walker and turbo we lack spark. Api could provide the spark coming on in the middle late in a game. Like the old school super sub

Fainu and Waddell contributed last night. Boyle struggled. Jetski had to fill in at centre for Elliot's HIA. Sipley must have been injured - because I can't see a game plan whereby giving him 17 minutes is smart.

We lacked a bit of size off the bench last night and couldn't get a roll on. You'd think with guys like Tangles, Paseka and Perrett we wouldn't be struggling for big bodies who can make an impact, but clearly Des isn't impressed with any of them currently.

Yep. Not Des style players Paseka and Perrett.Paseka has been so ordinary for Blacktown.No venom at all.
The last thing we need right now is a lack of mongrel. Every bloke out there last night had a red hot go. Was so good to see that back in our team.

Last edited:
Tanginoa
Fainu
Sipley

make up 3/4 of a decent bench. JetSki simply has no game awareness despite his effort.Hes one of those guys whose errors always seem to matter like last night. Different stages of the game require different approaches and he has only one method, and it’s high risk..After that a fit Boyle ( he was gassed last night very quickly) makes it an adequate if not fearsome foursome.

They need to make a decision re Fainu soon. If he’s on the field with 5 to go DCE kicks deep.Similarly it was his speedy play the ball that allowed DCEs try. The gap between him and API in terms of service and general ruck work becomes more apparent each week.The difference was incredibly stark last night.The simple fact is despite his effort Apis passing game has not improved at all in three years.

There was a period last week when both were on the field. Maybe with very little depth to our bench anyway API plays as a low minute roving attacking option while also stiffening a tired middle.. Each week a big bopper plays scrabble on the bench for most of the 80 minutes anyway.15 minutes from a jack in the box roving API would be more valuable than a cameo from a fringe big man off the bench.

Given we will be in a lot of dogfights with Tom and Walker out of our offence and little penetration out wide and from the back every little bit matters when it comes to service to DCE and attack out of dummy half and Fainu is way ahead in that regard.

Our defence is great, superb in fact. Need some tweaking in attack. The Raiders won’t be as tough as the Raiders physically but 10 points won’t be nearly enough to beat them. They will throw a lot more at us; unlike the dragons their forwards are smaller, skilful and much more mobile this year and there defence has been great as well.

Bench of Api( utility not solely second hooker), Tanginoa,Sipley and a fit Boyle might get the job done ok when AFB is back.

In reality with the same effort and at home we should beat the Raiders if we play a little smarter.

I'm gonna have to disagree and say the raiders will be as tough as the raiders.

Are defence is better because that is all we have practiced, we have no attack structure we just rely on individual skill, DCE, Turbo, Walks and Fainu being the main contributers.

Raiders are playing with a lot of energy and can spread the ball very quickly so our up and in defence will be tested big time.

Yep. Not Des style players Paseka and Perrett.Paseka has been so ordinary for Blacktown.No venom at all.
The last thing we need right now is a lack of mongrel. Every bloke out there last night had a red hot go. Was so good to see that back in our team.

Last year he payed a few good and couple of great games off the bench, some ordinary but expect that from a 20 year old pig. Gone backwards under De$.

Can't see how Fainu isn't promoted to starting Hooker by end of the season. As much as I like Api, Fainu makes things happen when he is on.
Manase's still a bit hot and cold. Great on the weekend yet the week before I was so looking forward to him coming on and he was ordinary. Api was much better. Aaaah, youth!

Last year he payed a few good and couple of great games off the bench, some ordinary but expect that from a 20 year old pig. Gone backwards under De$.
From memory Paseka and Tanginoa were in Des’s top 17 for our final trial but both suffered knee injuries, so maybe they are still feeling their way and will yet improve. (Funny thing, autocorrect just changed Paseka to Pamela, I had to fix it manually)

Manase's still a bit hot and cold. Great on the weekend yet the week before I was so looking forward to him coming on and he was ordinary. Api was much better. Aaaah, youth!

I Agree, I think he hasn’t been as effective these last couple of weeks. I have heard that he has received big offers from dogs and parra so his mind may be elsewhere. Not sure why parra would be interested given their young hooker is a gun. We must retain him.

I'm gonna have to disagree and say the raiders will be as tough as the raiders.

Are defence is better because that is all we have practiced, we have no attack structure we just rely on individual skill, DCE, Turbo, Walks and Fainu being the main contributers.

Raiders are playing with a lot of energy and can spread the ball very quickly so our up and in defence will be tested big time.
Thank God that our defence is so MUCH better, it means the individual skill may end up winning us some games... as opposed to last season’s master game plan of defencelessness and individual skill.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8