Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been unlucky in first grade so far - injuries and head high shots have given the guy no momentum to play multiple games in a row.

However from a smallish sample size I haven't seen too much to think he can be anymore than just a decent first grader. Does he have an elite skill? Doesn't really seem fast enough to play in the centres and doesn't seem powerful enough to be impactful in the forwards.

He's young so hopefully he still has considerable room for improvement. But at this stage I can't see him being more than just a fringe first grader.

Interested to hear if others think he can be more than this,

To be fair he hasn’t had much of a go in any games be it NSW Cup or NRL. His career like many young players has been adversely affected by COVID. In saying that he doesn’t look anything special.

He's a similar build to Isaah Yeo, who took a number of years to adapt to the rigours of NRL before eventually becoming an elite player after 6 or 7 seasons.
Not to say Burbo will do that, but if he really wants to persevere (and doesn't get too smashed up) then no reason he can't.

He's a similar build to Isaah Yeo, who took a number of years to adapt to the rigours of NRL before eventually becoming an elite player after 6 or 7 seasons.
Not to say Burbo will do that, but if he really wants to persevere (and doesn't get too smashed up) then no reason he can't.

Yeah good point Yeo alternated between centre and back row and was nothing special. Here’s hoping 🤞

Very good comparison to Yeo,who himself has been smashed up a bit.I think he has the goods to be a very solid first grader and not just because of his last name.He’s a solid defender,head in the wrong position at times aside.He could be the sort of player a club needs with versatility and may not cost an arm and a leg to keep on the salary cap

Burbo seemed to have a bit of an issue in defence going back a while but also seemed to improve in defence in his limited i st grade stints this season . Sadly very awkward technique that resulted in his Friday night injury . His early season form when given the opportunity in i st grade should still stand him in good stead , Hard to think that he has lost any of his lower grade dash , big boy and committed type player . Think that he still has some good things to offer with a bit more experience and with his versatility , maybe more likely a bench player for the indefinite future for Manly but it is what it is .

He's been unlucky in first grade so far - injuries and head high shots have given the guy no momentum to play multiple games in a row.

However from a smallish sample size I haven't seen too much to think he can be anymore than just a decent first grader. Does he have an elite skill? Doesn't really seem fast enough to play in the centres and doesn't seem powerful enough to be impactful in the forwards.

He's young so hopefully he still has considerable room for improvement. But at this stage I can't see him being more than just a fringe first grader.

Interested to hear if others think he can be more than this,

As players grow and develop it often surprises how they adapt and improve. I remember the Bulldogs letting a young first grader go with one explanation being he was too small. Thurston went on to being perhaps one of the greats. Have a look at Croker, who only two years ago was considered at best a fringe first grader. Even Garrick when he first arrived was not considered anything special. A few years and bingo. Some appear like Ponga as world beaters. Others like Cliff Lyons dont show just how good they are until their mid 20s. Sometimes its about finding their niche, their best spot. Nature of the beast. Burbo, as you alluded to, needs some consistent first grade time before we can assess his worth. But he looks to have the basics, just needs time to develop.

Ben Yeovic

We have all been frustrated with how Des manages his bench but how does Brbo develop playing 7 or 0 minutes a week. I reckon his development is stifled and has plateaued without regular minutes. I’d rather see a talented NSW Cup team getting full matches if he is down the pecking order. I can’t but think our approach to NSW cup is impacting our 1st grade performance.

We have all been frustrated with how Des manages his bench but how does Brbo develop playing 7 or 0 minutes a week. I reckon his development is stifled and has plateaued without regular minutes. I’d rather see a talented NSW Cup team getting full matches if he is down the pecking order. I can’t but think our approach to NSW cup is impacting our 1st grade performance.

100% another player with so much potential that Des is fuking with by giving him virtually zero play time to get better.

Came on early last night for head knock replacement. Didn't do anything with that opportunity and didn't come back until 3 or 4 minutes before fulltime. Waste of a bench position, but who should of been on the bench instead of him is the question (Fulton? Weekes? Chico?).

Came on early last night for head knock replacement. Didn't do anything with that opportunity and didn't come back until 3 or 4 minutes before fulltime. Waste of a bench position, but who should of been on the bench instead of him is the question (Fulton? Weekes? Chico?).
Seems like we have two bench props and a utility that get a good run. And the 4th spot might as well be me as they never play.

We desperately need change in the coaching box, this isn't A grade footy but the bench in particular is used that way, the smart coaches use their rotation sensibly to get the best out of their players in peak periods, fatigue is the biggest killer of momentum in both attack and defence and yet we've continually got blokes catching colds on the bench while their mates are struggling

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8