Ben Pomeroy sent off 2 games in a row, has that happened in NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
So Ben Pomeroy, (formerly of cronulla if you cant remember him) has been sent off 2 games in a row in the ESL.

1st for a shoulder charge to the head, and 2nd game for a WWE style tackle.

Has this ever happened in the NRL?

1st send off:

2nd send off:

I think Terry Hill got sent off, was suspended, and then sent off again first game back. He was playing for Manly at the time....1997 maybe?

Last edited:
Piggy Riddell I think maybe........ I seem to remember him getting sent off 2 in a row...,,, some incident with Braith Anasta?
Probably wrong

I thought the send-offs were a bit harsh to be honest. The first one ended badly but I dont think there was any intention to make contact with the head.

The second he clearly didn't try for the suplex it just went wrong during the process. For mine neither deserved a send-off but each should end in suspension

I thought the send-offs were a bit harsh to be honest. The first one ended badly but I dont think there was any intention to make contact with the head.

The second he clearly didn't try for the suplex it just went wrong during the process. For mine neither deserved a send-off but each should end in suspension

He got a week for the shoulder charge, and is facing 6 weeks for impersonating the Rock.

The tackle for the second sendoff was worse than Boyd's tackle on Brohman that got him 12 months. Mind you, I'm a Manly fan.

He got a week for the shoulder charge, and is facing 6 weeks for impersonating the Rock.
Shoulder charge seems harsh to have a week and a send off. If it were intentional sure, but the player was dipping slightly and he was going in for a tackle, the collision happened faster than he thought.

The second one, to me it looked like he tried to throw him over his hip but momentum threw him over his head, just one of those things, dangerous and possibly reckless but not intentional

I saw Pomeroy playing in the centres for the Sharks against the Cowgirls in Adelaide in 2009. He should have been sent off years ago for impersonating a footballer lol.

The Iron Sheik would have been proud of the belly to back suplex he did to get sent off the second time (The Sheik was known as the "Master of the Suplex" in pro-wrestling). The only difference was that while the ref sent Pomeroy off, The Sheik would have then put the opponent in the dreaded Camel Clutch ;)

Shoulder charge seems harsh to have a week and a send off. If it were intentional sure, but the player was dipping slightly and he was going in for a tackle, the collision happened faster than he thought.

The second one, to me it looked like he tried to throw him over his hip but momentum threw him over his head, just one of those things, dangerous and possibly reckless but not intentional

Sorry Dan, but if the second isn't a send off offence, what the hell is?

On that we shall agree to disagree. Looked like a deliberate throw to me mate.
Deliberate throw yes, but to me it did not look like he deliberately tried to throw him on his head. It looks like he tried to do a hip throw, but in the process the guys weight shifted and that made him end up going over the shoulder

No argument that it wasn't meant to end up how it did. But really, with a throw like that it wasn't going to end any other way.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8