Ben Kennedy shows that Winning mentality pays off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't think he's even been to any of the old boys team gettogethers when they've been at Brookie on those special game day occasions. Last I heard he was operating a fruit & veg store in Brissy, but that was 10 or more years ago now ?.
He owns or part owns one of the restaurants at the Diggers I think. Not sure where he resides these he did move to Qld post football

He owns or part owns one of the restaurants at the Diggers I think. Not sure where he resides these he did move to Qld post football
He will always own a place in our Manly hearts and have our Greatest Respect
He always put his body and passion on the line
and was always fired up on the field for Manly

The Premiership Winning Ben Kennedy Never won a Premiership for Manly
But he set the high premiership winning foundations for our next Premiership win
1703011539743.png

Last edited:
Jake is inspirational in terms of defense & leadership - so he likely comes closest. But Jake also adds literally nothing in attack - so much so, he's a liability in that area. It's like the play goes into slow-motion when it's thrown to him, and we lose any and all momentum.

Ben Kennedy was inspirational all round. We haven't had a marquee forward brought in, in many many years now. We keep calling up washed up logs, other teams don't want (Woods, Lodge, Condon, Waddell, Brown & others). I'm not sure how long this mid recruitment will last for, but it needs to change in order for us to move up the standings, and actually challenge for a finals spot.

I get every pre-season, teams fans have hope. Heck, even teams like Tigers, Dragons, Dogs and us. But as a realist, who errs on conservatism (possibly negative), I do think we'll be close to getting the wooden spoon this season.
I can't see us getting the spoon but unfortunately I can't see us improving too much. We'll finish around where we did last season. I hope I'm wrong.

The battle of the basket clubs ...... Tigers, Dragons. Bulldogs and Manly. Tigers IMO are way out in front as the leading basket case club. No other club even comes close.

I can't see us getting the spoon but unfortunately I can't see us improving too much. We'll finish around where we did last season. I hope I'm wrong.

The battle of the basket clubs ...... Tigers, Dragons. Bulldogs and Manly. Tigers IMO are way out in front as the leading basket case club. No other club even comes close.
Are you taking the piss Wombat, basket case.. don't see it that way Wombat, we've got lots of players coming back from injuries, it's like there're new signings. In the 8 for sure, and no reason why we can't get even 4th or 3rd.

Are you taking the piss Wombat, basket case.. don't see it that way Wombat, we've got lots of players coming back from injuries, it's like there're new signings. In the 8 for sure, and no reason why we can't get even 4th or 3rd.
While I 100% agree with everything in your post Eagle 1, I get Wombat being a little aprahensive, based on recent seasons and getting jinxed with these "injuries", have unfortunately become too familiar at Manly so he may need convincing from our "new" training and rehab staff to destroy this curse.....I reckon if we can keep out Top 17 - 22 players available, will be a force.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8