Beer taster becomes alcohlic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Beer taster becomes alcohlic
Email Print Normal font Large font May 7, 2007 - 12:06PM

SMH

Advertisement
AdvertisementA Brazilian court has ordered a brewing company pay $60,000 to an alcoholic beer taster who knocked back more than a litre-and-a-half of booze each day.

The unidentified employee alleged brewer Ambev did not provide the health measures needed to keep him from developing alcoholism, a labor court in the Rio Grande do Sul state said in a statement on Friday.

The employee said in his lawsuit that for more than a decade he drank between 16 and 25 small glasses of beer during his eight-hour shifts at the company.

The employee said he also received a bottle of beer after each shift.

An initial ruling had favored Ambev, or Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, which can still appeal the decision.

The company alleged the employee already was an alcoholic before becoming a beer taster.

Judge Jose Felipe Ledur said the company still was negligent because an alcoholic should never have been made a beer taster.

Ledur also said the employee's alcohol dependency had worsened in recent years and that even on vacation, the employee felt like drinking the same amount of beer he drank at work.

Well, there are pros and cons to that...

I'd say the pros outweigh the cons though!

I bet he bribed someone to get the job. His daily tankard is empty but I guess he can now afford to buy his own.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4