Beaver's decision

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Beaver's decision

As much as you'd like to give an all time great like Beaver as much time as he wants to make a decision on his future - if he is going to pull the pin it would be good to know this week.

If, as rumoured, Puletua and Waterhouse are free agents, either of those would be our best chance of partially plugging the huge hole that the great man is going to leave.

Beaver's decision

Puletua to replace Bryant, not Waterhouse. Beaver looked like he still hasn't got that groin thing entirely fixed. Old guys need more time to mend.

Beaver's decision

We have the depth there already. We don't need to buy a replcement for Beaver. Cuthbo & Jack are there & hopefully some of the Flegg boys will move up.

Beaver's decision

A hard head like Puletua wouldn't go astray IMHO.

Waterhouse is a sook but Hasler might toghen him up and help him realise his undoubted potential.

Beaver's decision

I just don't particularly like buying established 1st graders.
Other than Kite & Hicks, all of our standouts have been either local juniors or guys who've come to the club as no-names or kids & made their mark with us.
The big name buys other than those two have struggled. I think there is a lesson in that. Ballin, The Stewys, Choc, Kingy & Robbo are the type of players that build a club. Keep 'em coming through I say.

Beaver's decision

Well, Bell, Lyon & Orford are the ones I'm using as my exaple of the bought 1st graders in our current squad that are struggling with form.
Over the years we've had some good buys & I did say that Hicks & Kite are going great. But with the cap & all that it seems like a much better use of funds to develop young players than to fork out big bucks on a guy that you don't know if he'll fit in.
The emphasis should be in building a club from juniors up. It gives you more depth and encourages player loyalty if they can see a path through the grades rather than always having to look around because they'll just get bypassed.

Beaver's decision

Duff, disagree with Bell, he hasn't been given the opportunity to excel with the halfs being VERY lacklustre.

I don't think any of us should expect any more signings as the club is very happy with the progress of Cuthbo, Jack A, and Bani earmarked to replace Hicks.

Interestingly my discussion with Beaver was that he was rapted to be back in the forwards, he said he had proved to Des he can't play centre anymore. Said he was a bit like BK these days and needs to keep playing till he can't run anymore and preferred not to be regularly interchanged. He said it hurts his body to much in recovery. After that discussion I walked away thinking it may be his last season. I hope not.

Also Rose appears to be coming back (staying) at the club next season. Was speaking to the club doctor who said Rose can't wait to get back and was medically doing better with the injury not being a career killer.

Beaver's decision

Interestingly my discussion with Beaver was that he was rapted to be back in the forwards, he said he had proved to Des he can't play centre anymore. Said he was a bit like BK these days and needs to keep playing till he can't run anymore and preferred not to be regularly interchanged. He said it hurts his body to much in recovery. After that discussion I walked away thinking it may be his last season. I hope not.

I hope to God he has said this to Hasler too. But then if he has it would appear it is being ignored given he started on the bench!

Beaver's decision

[quote author=mellonhead]

I don't think any of us should expect any more signings as the club is very happy with the progress of Cuthbo, Jack A, and Bani earmarked to replace Hicks.

Is Cuthbo signed for next year? I had heard that there were a couple of clubs keen to get him signed up for next season?

Beaver's decision

Cuthbo said he was looking forward to playing regularly in NRL with big names? He was referring to Manly? Maybe he has agreed to terms?

Beaver's decision

Cuthbo said he was looking forward to playing regularly in NRL with big names? He was referring to Manly? Maybe he has agreed to terms?

Sounds like he's signed with Ryan's Bulldogs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2