• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bit in the Telegraph today about how Steve Menzies will Equal Cliffy for most games played for Manly tonight

Also said that in Cliffy's time at Manly Beaver scored 104 tries in 150 games and since his retirement only 64 tries in 181 games

What a combination they had

Be a sad day when he gives it away. If he looks a bit drained by the long season this year I hope it naturally develops into a situation whereby he becomes a great assett off the bench for us in 09.

I noticed they all sang in unison on that Footy show last night that there was no loyalty left in RL. They forgot Beaver.

i have tapes of the 1994/1995 sevens comps and cliffy was such a maestro. Best player in the comp.

Also got the tape of when we smashed wests 64-6 at brookie in 1994....he was a class above again (this game includes beavers 1st try).

I have that 94 sevens tape as well, what a side we had !!! Lyons, Ridge, Toovey, Elsegood, Kosef etc

Remember that game v Wests, and if i remember right we put 60 on Saints a few weeks later

I was thinking over the last few matches that this is the first time in Menzies' career that he appears noticably old on the field. He's still a gun though.

I've never followed football without Menzies playing for Manly. He was my favourite player when I was 8 and he's my favourite player now. Dedicate for him a statue/stand/airport, nothing is too much for what he's done for the club.

Is continuing until '09 a definite?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I have that 94 sevens tape as well, what a side we had !!! Lyons, Ridge, Toovey, Elsegood, Kosef etc

Remember that game v Wests, and if i remember right we put 60 on Saints a few weeks later

correct - we smashed them 61-0 in July sometime.

Elsegood was injured in that 1994 tournament but still rang rings around them. Owen Cunningham was a legend!

Yeah, we hammered Saints in the final. Phil Blake had a huge tournament as well. Nandruku was the star for Fiji. **** that tape got a hammering when i was younger, would have watched the thing well over 50 times i reckon, is a great tape. Oljinek was going to be our next big thing

I'm certain it's the 1994 tape that I have. Why do I have this image of a Western Reds length of the field try though? They entered in 1995.

And yeh, KE, I watched it plenty too.

Beaver is a player that no matter who you support - you love the bloke. A true legend, and hero in kids eyes...as well as a diamond in a rough game.

His retirement will be like a Sea Eagles amputation.

I think this is gonna be it for beaver.
I hope im wrong i cant think of anyone more deserving to hold the record for most first grade games played than him. But the injury last season and the weeks he missed early this year will probably rob him of that.

It will be a sad sad day when he walks off for manly for the last time.

Cliffy Gc link said:
I think this is gonna be it for beaver.
I hope im wrong i cant think of anyone more deserving to hold the record for most first grade games played than him. But the injury last season and the weeks he missed early this year will probably rob him of that.

It will be a sad sad day when he walks off for manly for the last time.

as a Grand Final winner ! ;D

c_eagle link said:
Dedicate for him a statue/stand/airport, nothing is too much for what he's done for the club.

I totally agree with you c eagle, thats the least a legend like him deserves.  Would anyone really care if they even renamed brookie after him...... maybe to Beaver Arena, or something similar!

In all honesty though I think I'm gonna cry when he plays his last game.

No he has not.  If he did not drop that ball over the line the above post would not be here.  Just one of those things that happens and he still offers us plenty.

He offers in slow motion now, and he either drops the pill or throw craps passes 3 times a game now - seriously no one admires beaver  more than me but Ihope this is his last year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8