Beaver & Rep Footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
With BK looking as though he will retire from rep duty it will be interesting to see whether Beaver follows suit and devotes his possibly final year in the NRL to club footy.

His form dropped off after Origin last year, so I hope like BK he gives rep footy a miss and concentrates on getting Manly to the highest possible finish position.

Possibly not but with BK not playing there is one more back row position open in the origin side - also he is always a chance for city selection if not origin.

With those 2 fit and firing then we stand a chance at the premiership, so i would like to seem him give it away

I just hope that Beaver can be in the form that has him talked about as being part of Origin but that the selectors go with Pricky's youth policy in the wake of the Tri Nations defeat

Thats the Catch 22 situation he plays great footy he misses games & is tired after june/July or he plays crap footy and they don't even look at him but he can contribute in his own to Manly

Beaver's form did drop after Origin but it was not just rep footy that did this. He as playing all over the place to cover holes. I would like to see him running into gaps out wide with Orford and co putting the ball on his chest. He should not be used as a workhouse but as an attacking option on second and third phase plays. This will also ensure his longevity.

I hope he has another season in 2007 as I reckon he is up to it and with our improvement we may be a premiership threat by then.

On the other hand I would like to see Watmough force his way into the origin starting side through good form this year. This should be easier if Beaver and BK give it a miss. Even if he is tired after the rep season he is young enough to recover quickly, and the experience will hold him in good stead to lead the pack in a couple of years time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8