Beaver, manly region and its future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Beaver, the topic on everyones lips. I see this as a great test for Manlys future at brookvale. Beaver is a legend and could endorse Ice to the Eskimos.

The Broncos have shown everyone that if you can get money elsewhere the cap it just something on the side

Manly  is a wealthy area with many many business's. If the sea eagles can not get non sponsors business or group of in the manly area to make a package with anything from cars, accom, cash etc to entice beaver to manly then they are dead set kidding themselves about Manlys long term future to the area. From what i gather manly could get 50  entities to tip in 2 or 3 K each and its not included in the cap as long as they are not current sponsors

If the greater Manly area cant arrange this, if the profile of beaver can not stir this emotion from the district then Manlys survival on the peninsula will be short in my opinion

Under those rules surely supporters can all donate to help it happen as well.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Why did the previous CEO send him packing to England ? ;)
I'd say Beaver left for UK for his retirement fund(which he was entitled to).

Is player retension solely up to the CEO?

The be all and end all of this drama is if you have maroon and white blood in your veins and Steve wants a start in 2011 then you sign him.

If not go **** yourself.

[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=184873.msg287778#msg287778 date=1282911527]
The be all and end all of this drama is if you have maroon and white blood in your veins and Steve wants a start in 2011 then you sign him.

If not go f**k yourself.

Sounds very much like what the Storm used to say. Gee, we need another international, just sign him, we can get him a boat, harvey norman vouchers, 3 contracts to sign  ;D ::)

If we can't afford him with the roster we have, plus Farrar, Tasi, Hodkinson, Perry & maybe a few others going - I hate to say it, but a few of our players may have signed some very "attractive" contracts that are maybe not warranted???

i love the  beaver but is a 36 year old forward the way to go at this stage.i dont think so and i certianly dont want that last try in 08 GF erased by a possible struggling season.we have the oldest pack in the comp as is.

lets remember the beaver for the great he was and dont mess around with it.

susan link said:
lets remember the beaver for the great he was and dont mess around with it.

Quite right, The Beaver is an all time fave of mine but he is past it. Better to go out on top, a 40-0 GF win iced with a try, that is beyond anyones wildest dream. You can only go down after that! Get him to the club in some capacity by all means, just off the pitch.

I say give him 2 more games so the can clock the 351 game mark. A special guest appearance will attract massive,massive interest. That is what we should be asking of him if it is possible from him.

eagleE link said:
I say give him 2 more games so the can clock the 351 game mark. A special guest appearance will attract massive,massive interest. That is what we should be asking of him if it is possible from him.

Beaver would be too humble to get the record in that manner, but I'm hearing you!!  ;)
..btw I sure he only needs one game to claim it.

The marketing potential of having the Beaver back for a swansong season borders on the ridiculous. I find it very hard to believe that, given enough time, effort and business nous, someone at the club couldnt find the third party deals required to make Beavers stay worthwhile (on top of a $55k minimum salary). A guy of his calibre and standing in the sport/community is a marketers wet dream.

Whether or not he's got another NRL season in him is another story though.

Its a piece of p!ss for Beaver.

Coming off the bench in the last 15 mins, he simply slices one of the opposition forwards in two with one of his trademark tackles causing a knock on. He picks up the loose ball and scoots off inside their 20, to sidestep the last defender to score.

Gets up, adjusts the head gear. Piece of p!ss.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6