Beaver - 510*

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
La légende Steve Menzies (Dragons Catalans) nous montre tout son talent face aux Bulls de Bradford.

Man of the Match

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NunA0xsRUZ4[/video]

sean1976 said:
Hustling out of manly at the end of 2008 was the worst decision Hasler made at Manly.

Agreed. He should have been signed up for at least one more season. His form warranted a re-signing and the record should have been his.

I was over the treachery of Des. Now it's back. :)

It was a mutual decision I believe. We couldn't afford to pay him what he deserved to be paid for the following season

peut les Bulldogs être en proie à 1.000 scandales et de réclamer une autre cuillère de bois

peuvent les routes entre Collaroy et Belmore deviennent toujours bloqué

L'accident de bateau de mai Billy Slater dans la barque et mai de Cam Smith leurs sacs de papier brun à jamais perdu en mer

et surtout, peut Manly - avec l'esprit de la grande Beaver - règnent à nouveau en 2013 avec un autre premier ministre

Hope he coaches when he is eventually finished playing, we would have a perfect successor to Tooves

Frank said:
sean1976 said:
Hustling out of manly at the end of 2008 was the worst decision Hasler made at Manly.

Agreed. He should have been signed up for at least one more season. His form warranted a re-signing and the record should have been his.

That said, the 2008 GF. Was there ever a more fitting end for a Legend of the NRL and Manly

1. To our 'knowledge', is he coming home next year ?

2. Coaching ? Maybe he doesn't want to do that. What other role can anyone see him filling ?. Maybe he would like to do multiple roles ?

3. Isn't he interested in player welfare (post playing career) ?
and
4. Is his Brookvale business still thriving ?

5. What about Beaver doing MWSE's talent scouting ?

Had the pleasure of meeting him at a mates bucks party about 18 months or so ago. He said he wants to be involved and really isn't fussed on the level of involvement. He's probably too nice a bloke to be coach, but would make one hell of a great assistant. Just someone who the players can rely on for a either a bit of a pep talk or just someone to say the right thing before a big game.

He is the no 1 Sea Eagle as far as I'm concerned. The greatest sin in Rugby League is he isn't afforded the honour of being officially recognised as being a one club player in the NRL history books.

Masked Eagle said:
He is the no 1 Sea Eagle as far as I'm concerned. The greatest sin in Rugby League is he isn't afforded the honour of being officially recognised as being a one club player in the NRL history books.

I know this has already been discussed ad nauseam but I still do not understand why this is not the case, when you consider the Dragons players are treated differently.
Double standard!!! But I guess we should be used to this by now.

Clint said:
Masked Eagle said:

I know this has already been discussed ad nauseam but I still do not understand why this is not the case, when you consider the Dragons players are treated differently.
Double standard!!! But I guess we should be used to this by now.

I think it part its the clubs fault. They seem to want to pretend the Northern Eagles didn't exist, but IMO I'm more than prepared to include that less than honourable part of our history and the embarrassment that comes with it so players like Beaver, Toovs and Choc can be rightfully recognised as one club players in the games official record books.

The lack of recognition of Beaver's one club playing history is a small sacrifice to make to ensure that the Northern Eagles disaster is never acknowledged as a part of Manly's great and proud history. It was an unfortunate event, but I don't want our record books sullied with any Bear stains. Best not to mention the war and just move on.

Eagles2nv said:
Frank said:
sean1976 said:

That said, the 2008 GF. Was there ever a more fitting end for a Legend of the NRL and Manly

Let's face it, he would have scored in 2011 as well.

Chip and Chase said:
Napper said:
The man is god!

I've only seen highlights of him in the ESL, anyone who has followed his career over there, do you honestly think he could still be competitive/playing for manly in the nrl?

Mate it's Beaver we are talking about. He could have played on Friday night and not looked out of place.

I know i know. What I should have said is do you think he is at the level hevwas atIin 07/08?

lol - some of that 'google translate' french is terrible.

Love the curses on the dogs and storm cap cheats.

Hope they come true though!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7