Be Honest Please

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I was thinking about sending Des back my membership card with a replied paid envelope, and letter, detailing my dissapointment with the clubs continuing losing culture over the past decade. I was also going to tell him how passionate I am about the team, and how dissapointed I get after a loss, espescially when Des says he remains up beat after demoralising thrashings. I was going to say that if & when he thinks the teams consistency & form warrants sending it back to me, then I will continue & renew my membership as normal.

Is this being vindictive / immature, or would it be an honest appeal from a fan to let Dessy know how much positivity means to his fans?

Be honest. I have the hand written letter in my glove box. I did it last night at 03:00am...I couldn't sleep. It's a serious contemplation.

I know you guys are intelligent enough to tell me if this MIGHT have an affect on Dessy. Do you actually think he'd hold onto the card until we started seeing positive signs?

To be honest I reckon Des wouldn't see it, it wouldn't get past the person who opens the mail. If you want to send your card back wait until the end of the season. If a miracle occurs and there is a big turn around over the next 6 weeks (we make the semis) and we recruit further players for next season - you could end up looking like a prize turkey and the laughing stock of everyone at the Narrabeen bunker, including Zorba. :lol:

PS you should retain your membership because at the end of the day you can use your democratic right to vote at the AGM and have your say on the floor.

I think its a good idea to send it back and will probably strike a chord. I also dont know if dessy is the person to send it to. i would send it to Paul Cummings or even Max delmege.

You should keep your membership as well because otherwise you need to send back that top notch hat!

Bad move, write a letter to the players c/o Des letting them know what you think, may work as motivation?? Dont send your membership back though.

If you send it "private & confidential" personally addressed to Des Hasler, and someone else opens it, they have broken the law right?

thats true Ryan.

I wrote a letter to PC last year and basically just poured my heart out about the teams performance. The response I got was amazing. Paul personally emailed me and got Dennis Moore to phone me. It was amazing feedback and actually made me feel a lot more positive.

I suggest you write them a letter and wait for the response first

I'll post what it says for you all tommorrow to get a real indication from you as to my wording.

I guess it depends on your expectations prior to kick off of the 2005 season. Did you realistically expect that we would be travelling along in the top 4 for most of the season ?? I certainly didn't. Granted that the form over the last month has been poor, but it feels worse because maybe some hopes have been raised prematurely. Look at it from this point of view, how would the Doggies fans be feeling, defending premiers and their season has been woeful (a horrible run with injuries mind you) and they are a chance of missing out on the 8 altogether.

Manly have had a poor run over the last 5 years, but you can't fix systemic problems overnight. It takes time, and I for one feel like on the whole the club is heading in the right direction. We have overacheived this year and the forces of nature are just balancing things out at the moment. It could be worse, you could be following Souths !!!

I think things will be better next year, and there are certainly plenty of good things to take out of our season to date. Look at the performance of the backrow, who would have thought we would again see 3 Manly backrowers gracing the SOO arena. Brett Stewart has on the most part been a great find for us as well. I think Des is doing the best he can with the cattle he has. Bell and Orford (touch wood) will make a big difference, all we need is a prop with some starch and we will be right in the mix. It will leave a horrible taste in my mouth if we spiral out of contention this year on the back of uncompetitive on-field performances, but if we can at least put in over the next 6 weeks and have a go than all is not lost, we might jag a spot come September.

Anyway Wheel is right Dessie would never get your letter. You are better off sending it to Monas, we all know it's his fault anyway ;)

Do you boys want me to write "An Open letter from the Fans to the Manly Warringah Players"?

I'm sure Sherlock could direct it to some of his colleagues at the SMH and they could make a story of it.

thats true Ryan.

I wrote a letter to PC last year and basically just poured my heart out about the teams performance. The response I got was amazing. Paul personally emailed me and got Dennis Moore to phone me. It was amazing feedback and actually made me feel a lot more positive.

I suggest you write them a letter and wait for the response first

Are you serious about this?

yes.

I wrote an open letter about half way through the season last yer and posted it on ME and OEE (it was before AE) and baically told it how it was how dissapointed i was and how dissapointed i was that my nephews and neices were supporting teams besides Manly.

I got an email back from PC and a phone call from Dennis Moore. A very good response which restored my faith in management and the coaching staff and made me believe there is a future for the club

sending a letter raising concerns and disappointments for sure but returing your membership card is going to far.

I must say I am surprised to be reading it from you Ryan, I am sure you asked Philip Dean about having the fees deducted annualy from your CC as you wanted to be a member of this great club for the rest of your life. Does 4 losses change that?

We are all disappointed/pi$$ed off with our recent form but the club is trying to rectify the situation (eg: Orford) and generally we are moving forward. It takes time, these things dont happen overnight. I really fail to see what returning your membership card will achieve.

As if Dessie isn't pissed with the team’s performance, as it is already.

Do you seriously think he's "taking it easy" Please how silly is this.

Dessie would be more pissed than matabele, Sue , Vegas and all of us combined. he doesn't need a letter like this to stir things up. That’s even if he ever saw it...........PLEASE!

I'd recommend sending them a letter telling them how you used to be a north’s supporter and you are disappointed that you've now adopted another club that doesn't look like winning a grand final within another 10 years at least. Say supporting your team I feel like a North’s supporter again..........Now that would stir them up.

Sorry Ryan hard but fair!

Jeez it would be funny if the Club decided to take the Norths tact Byso, and you were following The Bears now. Or would you just give up the game all together? It's great to parallel me to an X Bears supporter...do you think this offends? NO. I was a Bears supporter, and at the time, a very, very proud one. If they were still here, I'd be following them still.

To put this blatantly..Norths NEVER missed as many consecutive Finals berths as manly are now. I have come across to the light side of the force, only to experience a best position of 9th at the end of the season. Whilst I have supported Manly, they have never finished in the top 1/2 of the competition!!!

I never felt when coming up against the lower teams, Norths were a chance of losing, like I do when Manly plays Souths / Newcastle etc.

Norths administrators didn't abuse it's own fans! It didn't dictate what was allowed to be said by its own fans.

I even got regular updates by E-mail as to whether they were coming back on the Central Coast as a duty of care by the previous management. You think "media" would do the same?

But it is 2005. And I follow The Eagles now Byron. So in that alone, I will never feel like a Bears supporter again, although it would be nice, as in their last few years, attaining home semi finals, only to be beaten by The Bulldogs etc, was a thrill in itself. We had up & comers like Orford, Morrison, O'mealey, Matt King etc.

So no Byso...what you said wasn't too hard...but I hardly think comparing the two teams is fair?

Ryan have to pull you up on a technicality...... Norths no longerexist and therefore have missed just as many consecutive finals as Manly and I aresay will miss more

LoL. That is true...and to that end, doesn't phase me...Because I'm an Eagle 100% now. Don't let my above rhetoric question that fact.

When I said that last sentence - it is all based on perspective.

I will have to add that when Norths were playing the competition wasn't as close. You always had. Souths, Wests, Balmain etc to rely on to lose.

Its a different era.

Also were there forums around back then. Maybe they didn't have the oportunity to bag there supporters on an open forum, so I guess you'll never know.

Byso - Todays Manly would be one of those teams to rely on to lose. As much as I hate it !!!

I suppose thats the case right now. But some predicted we would not win more than a few games at the start of the season but now have 10. I cant remember who made that outlandish statement though :)

Incorrect dude. I said at the start of the season we will come 10th. The others can attest to that. I think I will be on the mark. What I think you are referring to though, is me stating 8 weeks ago (2 months), that we would only win 3 more games. Yes, we have won three, so on this point, I also find myself correct. I personally think we will struggle to win one more game this year. Point being:-

Des is up-beat after we have lost 5-6.
Cummings said Orford will feel better behind our dominating forward pack? What the hell?
Trends suggest we are extremely out of form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4