BDO bans Aussie flag

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
when your present and future is empty you can only look to the past...right matas?

keep walking in the light tiger

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why the best day to celebrate this country's nationhood is on invasion day and not on one of the other 364 days available.

Do you think the majority of us running around today are from the bloodlines of convicts? I think you will find the majority are from the imigrants who came later on.

No you arent Matas, you are fishing.

Do they celebrate \"Shaft Lobengula day\" in Zim??

We had two National holidays. Rhodes and Founders weekend to celebrate the pioneers and UDI day which is the day we said up yours to the world and sought self-determination.

You fellas are kidding yourselves if you don't think the gene pool of a nation are not affected by its origins. The Great Australian Bight should be renamed the Great Australian Blind Spot.

Seriously, surely there would be a better date to celebrate Australia's nationhood?

I don't see ANZAC day as an option as it is essentially a ridiculous loss inflicted on us by a bumbling colonial power.

I suggest Australia Day should be in Summer, but somewhere in November so that we can address the current imbalance of all the public holidays falling in the first five months of the year.

How about Australia Day always being on the opening day of the first Cricket Test of the Season?

[quote author=Fro]
No you arent Matas, you are fishing.

Do they celebrate \"Shaft Lobengula day\" in Zim??

We had two National holidays. Rhodes and Founders weekend to celebrate the pioneers and UDI day which is the day we said up yours to the world and sought self-determination.

You fellas are kidding yourselves if you don't think the gene pool of a nation are not affected by its origins. The Great Australian Bight should be renamed the Great Australian Blind Spot.

[/quote]

Matas you are saying that as someone of Anglo heritage should somehow be tarred as a thief or a murderer simply because that is the generalisation you lump the first fleeters in as. What if I had an ancestor who was one of the troopers sent to guard them ( I don't its just an example).

I do think you are drawing a long bow by saying that all Australians are descended from theives and murderers.

I do not however disagree that Australia has very racist elements in it, far from it, there are plenty

I just dont think your generalisations are accurate or even necessary, what about the Lebanese who were escaping their troubled homeland, or those from the Balkans, or the post war Europeans, or the asians in the 70s, or even as a good example, those who fled Rhodesia and other Southern african nations?

And Ryan, Matas is more than capable of making his own point, your entry in to the debate will simply bring Jatz out of the woodwork and that will simply degenerate into one of your slangfests, as opposed to the reasoned debate thus far.

Federation day is already taken unfortunately, by New Years day.

To me the date is not important, it is what is celebrated.

Just like the Ban of the flag, the question that should be asked as to why the step was thought necessary, If the symbol of this nation is used as a tool of hate then there is something wrong with the people doing it, not the Day on which it falls

Fro, there is a statue in North Parra park to a bloke (I forget his name). His place in Australian history is little known but interesting.

He visited in the 1850s and described Australia as "the sewer and dumping ground of the world" and was disgusted with the degenerate society that was here primarily because of the role the land played as a penal colony.

He went throughout Scotland and Ireland to recruit free settlers to "balance the gene pool".

My point is that the first 60 years of this country's history is still freely apparent in some stratas of its society but this is a little acknowledged point that Australians refuse to concede.

They would do well to come to terms with it IMHO.

Seriously, surely there would be a better date to celebrate Australia's nationhood?

I don't see ANZAC day as an option as it is essentially a ridiculous loss inflicted on us by a bumbling colonial power.

I suggest Australia Day should be in Summer, but somewhere in November so that we can address the current imbalance of all the public holidays falling in the first five months of the year.

How about Australia Day always being on the opening day of the first Cricket Test of the Season?

you are a bumbling fool if you think thats what anzac day is about - it encompases far more than just the battle of Gallipoli.

Its a time to pay respects to those that helped this country get to where it is which i far better off than it would have been had it been invaded.

Just to name a few other battles Suakin, Somme, Poziers, ypres, Amiens, Palestine, Syria, Greece, Malaya, Kokoda, Bardia, Tobruk, Borneo as well as more recent conflicts such as Korea, Vietnam, Rwanda, East timor etc

And Ryan, Matas is more than capable of making his own point, your entry in to the debate will simply bring Jatz out of the woodwork and that will simply degenerate into one of your slangfests, as opposed to the reasoned debate thus far.

Woodwork 8| . Jesus was a Carpenter :p

I dunno about slangfest. I havnt been able to slang any of Ryans dribble so far. :blaugh:

But i digress. back to the reasoned debate >>>>>>>>>>> :bdh:

Fro, there is a statue in North Parra park to a bloke (I forget his name). His place in Australian history is little known but interesting.

He visited in the 1850s and described Australia as \"the sewer and dumping ground of the world\" and was disgusted with the degenerate society that was here primarily because of the role the land played as a penal colony.

He went throughout Scotland and Ireland to recruit free settlers to \"balance the gene pool\".

My point is that the first 60 years of this country's history is still freely apparent in some stratas of its society but this is a little acknowledged point that Australians refuse to concede.

They would do well to come to terms with it IMHO.
At least they stuck his statue in a place that resembles his remarks..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2