Battle of the packs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
All the journos went into a lather last week talking up the clash of the competition's two premiere packs, the Rabbits (*snigger*) and the Bullwogs.

Well I think this Saturday night is going to be a very interesting spectacle. With apologies to Ryan, I'm not sure (on current form) that I'd swap King/Kite for O'Meley/Mason. Both of those blokes got stuck in big time. Interesting to note that King is not getting pushed backwards this year?

Our backrow is relatively unheralded but they work well as a unit and are all 80 minutes players.

And has Ballin made more than one mistake in First Grade? I really can't remember any.

I reckon there'll be fireworks Saturday night. these packs are going to rip into each other and let's hope we continue to fly under the radar this week. The Rapists might get one helluva shock.

Saturday night is going to be sensational.

I hope the boys are up for it again... 2 years ago or even a year ago i would have been saying "I hope we get the dogs on an off night and get the points".. this week i'll be saying "bring on the dogs!!"

If we beat the dogs his yart next week might be:

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Williamson

:lol:

Young Cleal is looking good though. If only Rose could lose as much weight as he has, I barely recognise the guy!
We've done well against the Dogs in recent years though, should be a good chance of beating them.

I was saying that to a mate on friday night.. cleal looks fitter than i have ever seen him.. good luck to him

I'd love to have him back in a few years. Can't see it happening, but he was definately overweight when he played for us and Souths. I liked him though, it's good to see him getting some game time and playing well, just hopefully not next week:).

yeah,cleal is looking pretty damn fit. must be the haircut.

funny. i am about as dyed in the wool as you can get, but i wasnt expecting to be thinking that we'll be running over the likes of omeley, mason and williams. looking forward to it!!

Our pack against Warriors:

08. Jason King:

21 Tackles
2 Missed

15 Hit ups for 119 Metres :clap:

09. Matt Ballin:

33 Tackles
2 Missed

0 Hit ups but 80 Metres Gained.

10. Brent Kite

23 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles

1 Offload
12 Hit ups for 124 Metres :clap: :clap: :clap:

11. Anthony Watmough

30 Tackles
5 Missed Tackles 8|

12 Hit ups for 124 Metres :clap: :clap:

12. Glenn Stewart (most improved player in the NRL)

1 Line Break
30 Tackles
3 Missed Tackles

4 Offloads
8 Hit ups for 105 metres :clap: :clap: :clap:

13. Luke Williamson

30 Tackles
2 Missed Tackles

5 Hit Ups for 48 Metres

15. Glenn Hall

14 Tackles
1 Missed Tackle

7 Hit ups for 53 Metres

16. George Rose

13 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles

2 Hit ups for 28 Metres Gained 8|

17. Mark Bryant

1 Line Break
11 Tackles
1 Missed Tackle

8 Hit ups for 67 Metres

I think the stats pretty much have a reflection on who our best were this week.

Just for good measure i'll throw these stats in:

01. Brett Stewart:

1 Try
3 Line Breaks
6 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles

2 Offloads
195 Metres Gained :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MOM:

3 Brett Stewart
2 Brent Kite
1 Michael Monaghan

a couple of weeks in a row Monaghs second half was much better than the first half. Not sure what to read into that other than mayby our guys are much fitter than the opposing teams ?

he did throw some shockers again but at least trying stuff, even when the opposing teams through wayward passes the radio announcers where calling it "a monaghan" !!!

When Monas chose a poor option today, he chased and made the tackle, forced an opponent to knock on, or drove the attacking player backwards on the next tackle.

Can't knock his determination and efforts in filling in at no. 7. Feel we need Ox back to give the backs better options when attacking the line.

totally agree. when monas did something, even if it was a poor option, he backed himself enough to chase hard or hit someone hard enough to make up for it.

what he lacks in ability, he makes up for in guts.

keen to have ox back, but monas has done a great job to plug the gap.

I think we may see a repeat of yesterday's game with the doggies.

Our fitness will kill a lot of sides this season.

i just hope the media don't hype this game/us up

im quite happy with us staying under the radar atm

The SMH this morning is calling it a Blockbuster clash.

Meanwhile FNF is Slime vs Panfers and Bongos vs Toitans. :wall: :wall: :wall:

TV games this week

Parra V Penrith
Broncos V Titans
Cronulla V Tigers

3 games this week i rate above any of those

Manly V Bulldogs
Storm V Dragons
Cowboys V Warriors

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6